The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #26
GREASEMONKEY72

Re: Gas Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
you tried movin closer to work? I drive my 70 big block one ton with 4.10 gears every day... it is my only vehicle.
A tank of gas lasts me almost a week... and I have not chainged my habbits. I still spin my tires, I still rev it to 4000 between 1st and 2nd, I still let it warm up 5 min when it is cold out.
\
Like they have been saying on the news... in the early 80's, gas was costing you more per gallon at the rate of the dollar. In otherwords, sure, you only paid 1.50 a gallon, but you weren't making NEARLY what you were back then. I was a kid, but i remember my dad's mortgage, plus the re-mortage, plus the fees and BS was still only 320 bucks.... I remember apartments going for 100 and some chainge... This 3.20 a gallon isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

(this part is not aimed at any one particular person)
There's nothing you can do... simply suck it up, quit whining, and drive on. Crying about gas prices is as effective as crying about the weather.... it doesn't do anythiong but make you sound like a whiner.
Big oil is JUST like any other big buisness.
Think Wall Mart... they bully there supliers... becouse they can... becouse you will shop there, to save your 35 cents on groceries compaired to the other place.
Big oil will continue to charge what ever they can... becouse you'll continue to drive. period.

Now... I'm gonna go gas up my truck, and the mower.
couldnt have said it better, i also drive the same as always, i love my truck and love every second of driving it and hearing the exhaust and im not gona go out a get some little 4banger to save gas and watch my truck sit for no reason, if you all want to complain about the gas prices and not get any because of it thats fine just more for me

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #27
72step

Gas went up hear in Santa Fe, NM from 3.29 to 3.39 overnight. I don't think it'll work. They got us and they know it. The way I look at it, is due to inflation gas will never go down below 2 bucks ever. Not sure what the election next year will do. The environmental dems might want to keep it high to drive everyone to buy a "green" vehicle and on the other hand the GOP will want to keep it high to keep their wallets fat. Either way I think we're screwed. This isn't the good old USA anymore. Only the rich and elite will be able to fill the tanks of their RV's, boats, hot rods and such with these outrageous prices. I can easily burn 60 bucks of gas in an afternoon out on my truck with premium and stepping on it!
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:16 PM   #28
Rokcrln

You know if everyone got their trucks, cars and all other vehicals running right and checked their tire psi and set it right that alone would do more for dropping gas prices than a one day boycote. Plus you would like driving your vehical better because it was running its best. We all know how one little problem that gets fixed makes the vehical seam that much better.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:36 AM   #29
wibilly

buy it today it will only cost more the longer you wait. i have 5 vehicles here with over 10 gallons each. tomarrow i will get in my 69 with less than a quarter tank and fill it up on my way to work cause thats what i want to drive even if it costs over twice as much to drive. the homeowner where i'm working will pay more for the job they hire me to do because i pay more to run my truck we will all pay more for every thing because it must be shipped who cares just deal with it
Old 05-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #30
paintpyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
Probably so, but one day of loss is a big chunk of change out their pockets. Hopefully it will get their attention. I know I always see these little things going around; like this one, or boycotting a certain company for a day. This one actually seems to be widespread though. So who knows...
The only person you take the money from is the small business guy runnin the station. The oil companies already made their money sellin it to the stations. Exxon Mobil and BP laugh all the way to the bank everytime someone throws this out. Wanna piss em off? Bio-diesel, public transportation.

And the 30 cent drop in '97. MYTH!
rallys and BFGs
-We can rebuild it, we have the technology-lower,shinier,faster
paintpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #31
bryanw1968

I know that prices have been high in other places like cali for a long time. Just a few years ago they were still below $2.00. And then it seemed like in just a few months it went from there to over $3.00 WTF!!!??????

Just a few months back it dropped to the low $1.90's.

On another note.....Everytime I drive by one of those emissions vans on the side of the road that are measuring exhaust polution and probably noise, I hammer the living dog poo outta my '68. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

And yes, I drive the '68 daily and will as long as I can. Exhaust noise, lopy idle, unburnt fuel, 'small' oil leak.....ahhhhhhhhhh heaven.
bryanw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #32
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

the opnly real problem i have with the price of gas is when they post how many billions of profit they made..uh ,,hello, you could drop the price of gas and still make a profit...i know if i was to do a major over haul on my 454, along with new carb, i would still get less than 10 mpg..i will never sell it, i will drive it when i feel like it...and opec and the rest of them can kiss my butt..i hate 4 clyinders, i dont like small cars,,i want to be buried in a pine box, not a honda i got killed in..
Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #33
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Probably so, but one day of loss is a big chunk of change out their pockets.
No it won't. You'll still use just as much gas today.

Go ride a freaking bike to work, THAT will hurt them. As long as you still use the gas, you could pay them tomorrow, or even wait two days - you still use the product AND replace it.

Almost every major news outlet is covering this right now - I saw it on CNN last night - it is FAKE.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #34
Bamm
Cowboy Fan for Life!!!!!!

Good read...
Kevin is dead-on right......................Bamm!

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/070515/050...pf=family-home
18 x 8 Torque Thrust II's
Future mods: All new gauges & wood bed
My Zip is 23002
I ship UPS, USPS
Bamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #35
68 P.O.S.

OMG, I certainly got more than a few pairs of panties in a bunch with this thread.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #36
sb69chevy

Old 05-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #37
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
OMG, I certainly got more than a few pairs of panties in a bunch with this thread.
I don't wear underwear Don't read me wrong, I am about the least serious guy on the planet.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #38
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

wow... I thought I was the only one here comando!
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #39
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I am confused, when I heard it was gas out day today I ate at Taco Bell.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 AM   #40
byrdman

Like has already been said, economics 101 here - Supply and Demand = Capitalism.

When supply is greater than demand the price will go down. Until then, the energy companies will maximize profits like any other buisness would do.
'19 ecsb, 2500, 4x4
'15 Subaru Legacy - commuter
byrdman is offline   Reply With Quote