The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #26
Pyrotechnic

Re: Time for a system

If you have some lower end 5.25 Coaxial speakers, you can usually get away with running off the deck. I find that 6x9's sound terrible without an amp though. They just need power to sound good.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YqMjoBM...120&I=489AP740

Check out that amp from Profile. They are a pretty good bang for the buck and $129 will take care of all your speakers.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #27
liljon285
That Guy

Looks kinda big, like i said i need something small that i can fit behind the dash.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #28
Pyrotechnic

Here's what I would do in your shoes. Simple and easy on the wallet

5.25 Coaxial speakers in kickpanels
single 10 inch sub behind seat
Profile 65Wx2 Amp for speakers
Profile 300Wx1 Amp for subwoofer

Speakers are coaxials, simply because they sound good and won't break the bank. 5.25's will give you great stereo imaging up front and they will get LOUD.

A single 10 inch sub is PLENTY for one of these trucks. You brain will turn to jello before you get it cranked and it will be unenjoyable to even listen to music that way. You can even show off a little with a 10. Stick in sealed box and it wont take up much space.

Trust me, I've rode in little nissan trucks that had two 12's and big amps. It's very pointless. The thing they are good for is showing off and bragging rights. It's not even close to enjoyable. You just don't need this much subwoofer in any truck.

Profile amps, these are a great value. At this point you just have two amps, so you should be able to find a place for them, either under the seat or unused space behind the seat, or a mix of the two. The 2 channel amp is not very big either.

Simple, cost effective, doesn't take up too much space, and it'll sound great for the money you spent.

Thats would I personally would do anyway.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #29
knightlife
Dark Heart Motorsports

placement of the speakers has a lot to do with how much you hear...Im in the process of building a custom fiberglass top box for on top of my sub box that will aim the 4x10s right at the back of my head and the passenger head...

2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.0 powwwaa!!! custom jumpseat install w/ captain seats, Hypertech tuner, MSD Blaster Coils, CB and twin antenna's, all electric interior, touch screen in dash. custom center console, with jump seat replacing original console. 1500 HD!
knightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #30
liljon285
That Guy

My amp is too big....and i cant fit another place where i dont modify or move stuff lol. Here is what it sounds like now......
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=14155276
Old 07-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #31
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Wow, either the mic on the camera goes to crap when the subs hit, or you've got a major issue...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #32
liljon285
That Guy

lmao yea i doubt any camera will get a good enough sound of bass lol. The subs sound good the bass is clear and perfect not to deep as i thought it would be either its good....now my problem is the speacker i blew almost evey tweeter for sum reason..i connected a 4x10 i had save hire it up to about 40 not THAT loud and lowered it down...went back up and it started sounding like crap.....i think ima have to go with that 4 channel amp offer u guys have told me to do.