The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
knightlife
Dark Heart Motorsports

Re: What did you get done? 11/04

ordered more FG and resin... waitin until after my bills are paid to get my new chrome steering wheel off ebay... *thinks* not really much else, just fixin airplanes and F'n around...

2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.0 powwwaa!!! custom jumpseat install w/ captain seats, Hypertech tuner, MSD Blaster Coils, CB and twin antenna's, all electric interior, touch screen in dash. custom center console, with jump seat replacing original console. 1500 HD!
knightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
GMC69

I didn't get much done this weekend, but tonight after work I got my truck towed to the garage to see what it needs to be legal for the road and get it certified. If all goes well I should be driving the truck within the next week.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

This past week I installed the new ACC kick panels on the Crew Cab and the interior minus headliner is complete. Still looking for the rear pieces for it. I also fixed the attempt by the Previous owner on a radio install and while I was at it I replaced the fan switch.

Jimmy: I started removing the y-pipe on the Jimmy as it won't work with the EFI fuel lines. I got the feed side of the rail plugged a while back, and plugged the runner this weekend. Friday I ordered 42lb injectors for it.

1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
GMC69

Got back from the garage, and all it needs along with the emergency cables I already had sitting in the truck, are front pads and rotors. Should be done tomorrow, then I can start with the paperwork, and if all goes well, driving it by Friday.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
ChaseDale3and8

Since I work 3rd shift my weekend starts on Friday. I got started Friday by organizing my garage after doing a makeover on it the last few weekends. Got everything put up and out of the way so that we can actually park in it again!

Saturday Bobbo (Robert) came over and I changed that bent up right hand side fender of his. The core support was bent back about 2 inches, and it took some heavy persuasion with the B.F.H. (big fancy hammer) and a piece of wood to get it whipped back into shape.

The fender that I put on is an aftermarket one that I had on my truck at one time. It didn't fit mine worth a crap, but fits his just as good as a GM piece. Go figure! Maybe i should have run my truck into something before I tried to fit it on mine! Anyway, here is this week's pics. ...Joe
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
ChaseDale3and8

A few more pics... It took several beatings with the B.F.H. and several fit-ups to get it to look this good, but was well worth the effort in the end! ...Joe
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
space

N2TRUX, the link you posted has a picture of a red and white 72. Any chance you could snap a few shots of the interior if you see it again? I sure wish we had a meet like that around here..
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Wow, that turned out pretty good, ChaseDale
Old 11-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #9
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by killthewabbit View Post
Wow, that turned out pretty good, ChaseDale
Thanks! Bobbo (Robert) and I think so too! It took me about 4 hours to get it on from start to finish, and a whole lot of persuasion. If you didn't know that this fender was a repop, you'd likely not be able to tell. It fits his truck that well.

On mine, it was the exact opposite. I can't for the life of me figure out why. I told Robert before I started on it that I didn't really know what to expect, because in my past experience one fender may fit two different trucks differently, and that was the case here.

Anyway, he's very happy with the end result, and so am I. He told me that this makes us even for the trouble that he had the week before with changing the steering arm on my truck! It took him, a torch, and two other guys to finally get it off!

I think my job was a whole lot easier. It just took me, a B.F.H. and a block of wood, although the core support did fight me every bit of the way! ...Joe