The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #26
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Arrow Re: Will I kill the value of Barm Find 68 C-10

I will touch on this issue , first as Brad said above complaining about point's ?
this is something I have NEVER understood , I have drove 67 68 69 camaro's and chevelle's and 67 to 72 truck's all over 5 state's for 20 year's WITH POINT'S !!!!!!!!!! and have NEVER had a problem , I had one 69 camaro 355 4 speed that got 26 mpg's and WOULD FLY !!!!!! with point's ,
for the record to date the ONLY gm part that ever left me beside the road was HEI setup in an 82 blazer we had one time , my current 67 camaro has had two set's of point's in 8 year's and 90K mile's ,,,, let's see that about $6 buck's every 4 year's ? I can't figure out why people can't run point's ?

whew now !! my 67 C10 has the original unrebuilt 250 six cylinder (WON'T NEED REBUILT FOR ABOUT 20 OR SO MORE YEAR's) and a 373 rear with 3sp and it get's great gas mileage around here where I live and is perfect for the hill's and stuff around here , but I would agree about freeway driving as I drove my 67 to elizabethton tenn last summer and a 60mph or so it used more gas and I was in everyone's way !!!!!!! so for me I am just gonna drive mine here where I live , but if I had to drive it out on the highway a lot then a 327 (WITH POINT'S) and a higher rear gear would be installed , the six banger would be in the garage corner for future use !!

Last edited by 19673ontree; 02-29-2008 at 01:51 AM.
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #27
TotalChevy1

Re: Will I kill the value of Barm Find 68 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidsnotime View Post
If I do it I plan on the T-5 S-10 4.3 box it has the forward mount for the shifter, I will need to change the clutch to a 26 spline the 4.3 trans will have the larger input as the Z28 box versus the other with 10 spline as the truck will have now also. I have used the T-5's on a few of my cars and I have correct bearing supports for the gm bell housing so I will not need to machine anything, the swap does not scare me I just feel a slight churn in my gut about it, But if I keep it it will happen its just the way I am. I think I was trying to see if I am crazy for messing with this truck. If I was I would just send it down the road.

why not just buy another truck and keep the miles off that one and keep it clean. Sounds like any conversion you do would cost as much as a daily driver would....plus you would have two trucks...that's alway good
Old 02-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #28
3kidsnotime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69TowRig View Post
If you plan on keeping it and driving it (which is why you are considering all the changes anyway) then I say do what you want. After all we aren't talking about major changes to the truck, just simple every-day upgrades that make the entire experience a little more enjoyable.

To the muscle-car comment a few posts above: even clones are fetching good money nowadays. Those so-called bastardized vehicles are making good money. Case in point my brother's '72 Chevelle clone SS appraises at almost 20K.
I love my cars also I have a nice real U code 402 72 SS Chevelle that one is staying alone. I have quite a few cars seems to be a problem with me when ever I see a nice old car or truck I just have to have it especially if its real.

"Old American Iron My Drug of Choice"

I think the little six would be fun to dink around on, I have never put any psi to a inline 6 before and sounds like fun, I wouldnt go real far with it but just a couple mods. I did do a guy a 60 deg gm 6 2.8 ofset ground the crank used toyota 22r pistons alot of head work and ground a cam for it made 503hp not bad little engine ran it in a long travel sand car.

3kidsnotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #29
jgrh64
Prestige member Old Farts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishops Trucks View Post
It's your truck. Keep the original parts that you take out so if you ever want to put it back to factory you will have what you need. Lets see more pics of that jewel.