The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #26
72BLUZ

Re: Tell your stories about cops pullin you over

i got pulled over test driving a 2002 peterbilt for the shop where i work. the cop gave me the reason for pulling me over was impedeing traffic. an arguement ensued from there where he made statements that were unfounded. to make a long story short i sent in a written compliant to his superiors. and have since meet with a special investigator for the ga dot motor veh compliance div. now i am waiting to see the out come.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #27
longorange68

This past December the North Oregon Coast was hit with what the local newscasters call a 100 year storm. Wind was ridiculous, and we got nearly 6 inches of rain in 4 hours. I work for the power company and was responding to the biggest outage I have ever heard of (over 200,000 people from Coos Bay, Oregon to Port Angeles, Washington). On my way out Highway 30 in my service truck I catch a beer cooler-sized boulder coming down a hill right into the left side of my truck. I swerve and hammer on the throttle to get around the oncoming mess. About 1/4 mile ahead of me is an Oregon State Patrol car going balls out in full lights and sirens. I turn into his lane, turn on my emergency yellow beacons, and flash the high beams like it's going out of style. He hits the hooks and screeches to a halt like I have never seen before. He comes out of the car with his hand on his pistol demanding to know what the hell I was doing in his lane. I told him about the rock slide and I thought he was going to sh-t, he gave me the best thank you he could do at the time still with his hand on his pistol and sped off. Fast forward 2 hours, we are up in the Coast range highlands cutting alders and firs out of the highway and trying not to get killed by the other trees falling down around us. Out of nowhere is this same cop telling me and my line crew to stand down and clear the highway since there is a powerline down in front of us and it is not safe. I grab a 24 foot hotstick, and head that way. He actually drives in front of me and pulls his pistol out of the holster. I let him know what my intentions are and that he needs to move so that I may clear the road to protect the general public. Still no dice. My buddy Troy lays on the airhorn which pisses the cop off even more, and he heads towards Troy to get him to stop. Meanwhile, I have the line off the ground and I get 7 out of the 8 trucks underneath it before the cop realizes what has happened. He jumps in his cruiser, hammers on the gas, and I drop the conductor blocking the road again. He then goes into total meltdown mode, and I tell him he should stick around to protect the public. OMG I thought this cop was going to have a heart attack he was so pissed!!! Oh well, it all pays the same.

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience, well......that comes from bad judgment.

1968 Chevy C-10 "Longshot": Bought used from my Uncle George in 1994 and proceeding to beat the hell out of it for 4 years. Sold it. Bought it back, dumped an ungodly amount of money into it since then.
longorange68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #28
bcbasketball11
Official Track Changer!! woot!

Well, being sixteen and all, i still have to follow state wide curfew, which in oklahoma is 12:00.. . . .ok so let me set the stagefor ya, I live in a small community, not even a town, with one deputy sherrif with an ofice near the school, the only cop around my parts. . .but about 5 miles east is a town with a little police station and a few patrolmen. Well me and my buddy went with about 6 girls a year younger than us to go "TP-ing" we get one kid who is about a quarter mile from my house and we do it with no worries, and next we are going to a kid who's house is in an addition off the FIRST road into the other town (blanchard) One of the girls calls her friend who is 18 to drive us over becuase it is 1 in the morning and about a 4 mile walk from where we are. .. so the guy shows up in a lowered P.O.S. ford ranger and 2 girls got in the cab and me and my buddy got in the bed with everyone else. . .we are puttin along (35 in a 45) and are about a TENTH of a mile from the addition.. we hit a little bump and here the whole truck rattle aand i look at my buddy and say "i think his bumper just fell off" and laugh (it didn't really. . .) well we are going and we see a car coming from the other direction and we all duck down, we come back up and about 50 yeards behind us we hear a screech and some cop lights. . .here was the convo

me "CHRIS, SHOULD WE RUN??"

chris "i don't know, there is garrett's neighborhood, we could hide in there"

girls *crying*

me "lets go!!"

chris "WAIT!!! the girls are sissies. . .they'll tell on us"

me "damnit, i hate tattle tales"

haha so we sit there and get pulled over and he makes us all get out of the truck and line up. . .he asks age and he arrests me and my buddy chris. . .but none of the girls. . .he puts us in the back cufed and starts talkin to the driver (being 18, he was not in trouble other than a busted tail light) well the kid is crying so the cop lets him go and calls another car to get the rest of the car. . .he lets them sit in front aand eat donuts (no lie) with him. . .when we get to the station, he makes us get out and go in the room and get printed and photographed, and we all recieve a 125 dollar ticket. . . FOR A CURFEW VIOLATION!!!!!!!!! It was the worst night of my life. . .haha

BUY A CHEVY!!!!
bcbasketball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #29
milled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Chevy4-speed View Post
- Got pulled over in my '71 doing 72 in a 55 - (ticket)
- Pulled over in my own driveway - cop was looking for someone else(no ticket)
- Pulled over twice for loud exhaust, one included plate light out - (fix it ticket), got around that one(custom removable baffles that slide in the reducers)
- Pulled over multiple times for speeding when i wasn't, just late at night and cop wanted to check for d.d. , insurance, regs, would be my guess(no tickets)
- Pulled over for taillight out, borrowed cops flashlight to fix it lol(no ticket)
- Pulled over twice for license plate light out, one of those included dirty plate.(no ticket)
Theres more i can't remember but I'm rather familiar with the process.
R U KIDDING
I thought here in colorado we had aggresive cops but geesh!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally I find it a total invasion on my rights to be pulled-over and screened. Nice to hear you're still a free man in Alaska
Old 03-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #30
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipsC10 View Post
Nobody throw rocks at me, but I have a good one from the other side. I am a Deputy Sheriff. A few years back a little old 80 somethin year old lady in a nova was riding my a$$ while I was driving in my marked patrol car. I was doing the speed limit, 25 mph. A pulled to the shoulder and let her go by, pulling in behind her. I stopped her a short distance later and when I asked her why she was following me so close she got all pissed and replied, "because you're going to damn slow." Sweet little old grandma.
Now that's funny. I don't care who you are!
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #31
Wreckless_71

Well I live in a small town longorange68 knows (kelso) on the washington side of the columbia river. My girlfriend and I went out for dinner and some crusin' so about 9:30 -10:00 we decide to drive across the columbia to Ranier. I won't lie to you guys, I speed... I own a lowered '71 chevy with a built 350 and I'm 18 years old...a cop could pretty much pull me over at any given time for blue dots, noise violation, etc. you get the picture. But I'm drivin' around with my girl and I keep the reckless driving to a minimum. So I'm crossing the Lewis and Clark bridge and my radar detector starts going wild, there's a cop sitting on the oregon side of the bridge, no big deal, I'm not speeding. So I continue on and as I'm hitting Highway 30 into Ranier and I see the cops headlights come on in my rearview mirror...dang! So I continue on, stop at the park, and my girlfriend and I are swinging at the park and watch the cop drive through town two times... I swear to God that he is looking for my truck. at this point I'm like lets get outta here, and my girlfriend is like what the heck is that cop doing. So we get in the truck fire it up and let it warm up for a minute, while I'm sitting there with my park lights on the cop drives by and gives me a glare. At this point I'm like OK this guys gonna pull me over, so I just flipped my lights on and drove down the road came to a stop at the sign, highway was clear and I went. Driving down the highway minding my speed and I see this cop dodging traffic trying to catch up with me. 1/4 mile from the bridge, almost there! Blue lights...SH**! So he walks up to the truck and this is the first thing he said "Well believe it or not it's a friday night and I'm bored." I'm not even kidding, I'm Bored? WTF! Then he continues on to tell me that I wasn't speeding and I had no traffic violations except I didn't stop at the sign for 3 full seconds. Long story longer he runs my license and then tells me that running a stop sign in the state of Oregon is a $284 moving violation. No ticket...yes! What is the deal with that? Isn't that like Vehicular Profiling or something? I've been pulled over like 6 times and I've yet to get a ticket, thank God!