The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #26
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: I just need to share...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Why don't you find a solid rust free cab out west. The you and the misses could make a road trip. You'll be ahead in the long run and should not have to worry about any rust coming back because the body shop won't have to repair it, .
I am considering it. My inlaws are out in Idaho/Utah and there is much better metal than around here. If repair estimates are too high, that may be exactly what I'll do.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #27
wibilly

get a hold of Farly's body shop in shell lake WI you wont be disapointed
Old 04-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #28
tim21391

theres a place in my town that does body work...its called salina technical school (vo-tech) and this is where highschool kids and graduates go learn stuff and they dont let anything leave unless it looks professional....they dont charge labor they only charge supplies its awesome i just dont trust them to be touchin my 72
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #29
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim21391 View Post
theres a place in my town that does body work...its called salina technical school (vo-tech) and this is where highschool kids and graduates go learn stuff and they dont let anything leave unless it looks professional....they dont charge labor they only charge supplies its awesome i just dont trust them to be touchin my 72
We have the same kind of thing here and I talked to one of the instructors about it last week. He said they try to do late model collision work primarily, because that is the kind of real world work they will be doing after graduation. Now if there was a program that did hot rod type work, like wyotech, it would probably be different. None of them around here though.

On another note, My wife loved the earrings. She didn't expect it, I never buy jewelry.

Also, I have two good possibilities now for local body work. I stopped at one today not far from here that I know has done 67-72 trucks before. I've talked to him a few times about parts because he usually has some around. Today he had a 67 cab. I told him the cab is in way better shape than mine, but I don't care for the small window. He's going to give a quote to cut the top off my cab, right below the window and bottom of the windshield posts and weld it to the 67. There were some dents to pull, and some rust on the floor by the kick panels. Rockers, corners and supports were all solid.

If the price is right and I like the work, I'll probably talk to him about finishing the rest of the truck. I also will talk to another shop that I know does custom work in the area and see if they are interested. Most of this will probably wait until May now, I'll be heading to Mexico next week for work.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 04-09-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #30
70rs/ss

I second the out west thing, I just found a nice cheyenne longbed BBC truck, spotless in original blue and white, drive it home $3500. AC and all w/highlander seat. I'd buy a nice straight rust free parts truck and be a parts swapper instead of a body man!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:09 AM   #31
tim21391

yeah i asked my cousin from the school and they said they wont even touch rust repair on anything..he said all they deal with is huge collision damage which sucks because it would be cheap to get my trucks body work done
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #32
NWD02

Its good to know someone else's wife is into the project truck thing. I'm getting married in 2 weeks and my finance has been extremely encouraging with my 67 SWB project. I've been no dummie either though asking for input when desired. I discovered things work out better when she gets a little say so... when asking about a paint color I provided the 3 paint colors that I was considering; silver, charcoal, or red. She has actually been asking when and how much to paint it, not because she guards the funds but she said she wanted to have it painted as a wedding gift. HAHA, just wondering if she thinks she's going to get to drive it when it's done... Congrats on the 20 years!
NWD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #33
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWD02 View Post
Its good to know someone else's wife is into the project truck thing. I'm getting married in 2 weeks and my finance has been extremely encouraging with my 67 SWB project. I've been no dummie either though asking for input when desired. I discovered things work out better when she gets a little say so... when asking about a paint color I provided the 3 paint colors that I was considering; silver, charcoal, or red. She has actually been asking when and how much to paint it, not because she guards the funds but she said she wanted to have it painted as a wedding gift. HAHA, just wondering if she thinks she's going to get to drive it when it's done... Congrats on the 20 years!
The sharing input with the wife thing can go both ways. Don't ask for an opinion if you don't want to hear something conflicting. For instance, if she had said she hates all 3 color choices, what were your next steps?

There are many people that follow the rule that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. It all depends on the woman. I don't try that one very much, learn your limitations. I've had my truck for longer than my wife. I was a package deal that she accepted.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:34 AM   #34
jhow66

After being married 53 years it goes like this--where are you going?--to buy another truck--why do you need another truck?--because I want one.--OK but I am going to buy me something.--OK, bye.
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 AM   #35
NWD02

jhow, you already hit the nail on the head.... that sounds like us. "i'm buying some truck parts.... oh it's ok i bought a new coach purse."
NWD02 is offline   Reply With Quote