The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
msgross

Aluminum Gas Tanks - Group Buy ends May 9, 2008

UPDATE 29 May 08 - pictures added of my tank.... check end of thread..

PURCHASED MINE TODAY< TANK #2 WAS $340 SHIPPED, SAME PRICE FOR EVERYONE>>>> Much more of a discount than I had planned. Even if you aren't in on this group he will give you the best price that I have found. Don't let my "end date" scare you off....Thanks..

UPDATE: 3-4 purchases being planned so far...
Just added change #1 plans, decided to make it shorter to stay behind my reese hitch, with these measurements it will alomst be invisible from the back. Also decided to switch to the cap under the wood floor. I'll post the updated price for tank #2 tomorrow.

OK, here's the scoop... I followed a link that another board member provided to a Florida Welding shop that makes custom aluminum tanks and has free shipping. After seeing the prices on their website I decided to design a tank for my K-10.

So the non-discounted price for just my tank to be fabricated and delivered to my house is $384, that includes being pressure tested, fill tube (or cap), hole for common 1.5" sending unit ($30 extra from most sites) and i'm ready to install. Any changes to my plans and you can expect the price to change. Small changes like filler location shouldn't affect it much, if any though. Fuel Injection will raise for sure. Mounting flanges have no holes do that you can drill your own for your frame. I designed mine so that it won't require any mods to the bed crossmember. I have already removed my spare tire bracket as well...

If you are interested (and are serious) then check out my plans below and see what changes need to be made to yours. Fax those changes to Dave at Boyds Welding (http://www.boydwelding.com/) and tell him that's its the group buy with Michael Gross. No discounts apply until we confirm, and pay, for our tanks. I'm not making money on this, only hoping to save us all some... I'm ordering my tank on 9 May so that's why there is an end date. Dave might be able to help others out after that date as well....

Here are some specs that he sent me...

Mike,

Thank you for the opportunity to offer our quote to you! Here is the info you requested.

Fuel Tank dimensions 27.25 x 17 x 10-13 built per your drawing will cost $384.00 shipped to your door. this tank will be built from .125 5052-H32 smooth aluminum approx gallons is 20. Lead time for fabrication is 10-14 business days from the time of order to the time of shipment.

i will be able to work on a price break with multiple orders please give me the opportunity to quote them out before you let anyone know what the price will be as it can vary from tank to tank.

below is all of my contact information please contact me with any questions.

Thank You

David Boyd
Boyd Welding LLC
ph: 352-447-2405
fax: 352-447-2403
E-mail: boydwelding@bellsouth.net
Attached Images

1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"

Last edited by msgross; 05-31-2008 at 05:06 PM. Reason: update
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote