The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #26
rambler
MOVE OVER

Re: Full Resto?

but foose can do one in a week????

I do agree with several here, once my ship comes in, I'm going to find a good one already done and enjoy it...
Old 06-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
caminokid
Chevy nut

I have figured my truck full frame off resto is going to cost me in the neighborhood of 12,000.00 to 15,000.00. This is every last nut bolt and screw replaced. I am going to do the work myself. I am not including the tools I have been buying every week to get the job done.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #28
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminokid View Post
I have figured my truck full frame off resto is going to cost me in the neighborhood of 12,000.00 to 15,000.00. This is every last nut bolt and screw replaced. I am going to do the work myself. I am not including the tools I have been buying every week to get the job done.
Buying the tools is the best part of it. You can NEVER complain about a tool that you purchased, even if you ONLY use it once. It did it's designed job and you are happy about that. As for your investment, $12000.00 to $15,000.00 is a good estimate for a job done "In-house". That is also betting on that you pick a local body shop for the paint or do it yourself. The custom paint businesses will go to the numbers you have given for the paintwork ONLY. It is what you want to accomplish and have later.

I bought my 68 in "Mid-build" from a guy that already had some serious investment in custom work. From that point, I am changing many things and the work is still in my garage. I have invested about $6,000.00 in just parts and have not bolted a thing onto the truck as of yet. My idea is to be outside the conventional and still have a driveable truck.
The truck has had the cab chopped 3" and the cab, fenders, and bed smoothed. The interior has had the dash changed somewhat, but it still retains the look of that era. I purchased it this way and it is not growing into a completed project fast, but I am working on it.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #29
caminokid
Chevy nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
Buying the tools is the best part of it. You can NEVER complain about a tool that you purchased, even if you ONLY use it once. It did it's designed job and you are happy about that. As for your investment, $12000.00 to $15,000.00 is a good estimate for a job done "In-house". That is also betting on that you pick a local body shop for the paint or do it yourself. The custom paint businesses will go to the numbers you have given for the paintwork ONLY. It is what you want to accomplish and have later.

I bought my 68 in "Mid-build" from a guy that already had some serious investment in custom work. From that point, I am changing many things and the work is still in my garage. I have invested about $6,000.00 in just parts and have not bolted a thing onto the truck as of yet. My idea is to be outside the conventional and still have a driveable truck.
The truck has had the cab chopped 3" and the cab, fenders, and bed smoothed. The interior has had the dash changed somewhat, but it still retains the look of that era. I purchased it this way and it is not growing into a completed project fast, but I am working on it.
No not complaining one bit on the tools! Matco man has became my best friend!! The one thing I am afraid of...is getting too many tools and no place to work on the truck anymore! I am a mechanic by trade. So the tools wont be just used once. I have a 69 Stepper that has to have some work too. Not as much as this one...but some work. So once this one is done...then the cycle will start over again!

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote