The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #26
oldspowered
resto body guy

Re: how rare is this truck?

hey can you guy pick this super apart too???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...m260248436645&
Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #27
71 super

Oldspowered, the supers had scroll door panels under the woodgrain- as in if you removed the wood insert you will find scroll, but the doors should have woodgrain on both cheyennes and supers, supers all had wood grained dashes and glove box doors with emblem, and bright tailgate handle, full wheel covers in 1/2 tons, upper and lower bright moldings (woodgrained) special full foam seat with houndstooth cover (bench only) buckets available with vinyl only (with scroll) everything else was optional, just because it was a super did not mean am/fm, tach or tilt or big block as many believe. The super was just a package to help with sales- GM was moving the truck into the mainstream and trying to appeal to as many people as possible - women in particular, several references are made in sales brochures about the lower ride height, easy steering, smooth suspension and other options to make trucks easier to drive. If you have ever driven a ford from the same era you understand why so many of these trucks are around- from experience a 1971 sport custom ford drives like an ox cart compared to one of these trucks.
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #28
oldspowered
resto body guy

thanks 71 super!
i'm just trying to learn about my 71 super i never heard of them until i bought one! my is also lt blue and white as like the one i posted! but my engine is trans is long gone so that is why i'm making mine oldspowered!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #29
71 super

The truck in the listing you showed is very nice, however I did notice one thing, the vin plate on the door jamb does look to have the wrong rivets holding it on.... they should be rosette type rather than round. The pics took too long to load on my comp, but is the truck a 3/4 ton truck? The booster looks like a 3/4 ton booster, smaller and thicker. But this matters not, the truck should bring the buy it now price or close to it.
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #30
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
...The rallys would look 100X better without the granny white walls.
Those white walls make the truck more periodish. I like em...just call me granny
CG is offline   Reply With Quote