The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #26
sameyrasmea72

Re: I've never seen a Super this color...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursed View Post
does anyone have some outside shots of this truck?.

In just pulled up the ebay link, you can get them there.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #27
WIDESIDE72

Re: I've never seen a Super this color...

The original post has a link to the EBAY auction for more pics. One of my brothers had a 72 C10 LWB this color yellow, but solid. He bought it from the original owner, a cabinet shop owner. He had the protecto plate and paperwork including sales invoice. He said he special ordered the truck from Capitol Chevrolet in Austin, TX to pull his trailer that he took out to homes to build cabinets. It was a plain jane "Custom" 1/2 ton with coil springs, factory air shocks with on board AC compressor (why he didn't order the leafs, we can't figure), BB 402, TH400, AC PS PB not sure of rear gear, black interior, painted bumpers, poverty caps. When gas got expensive in the mid 70's, he said he stopped doing installs, building in his shop only, and parked the truck, with 19k miles on it. he would use it to haul off wood chips and scrap (ARGH!) Other than the bed being destroyed from the wood getting wet and sitting out, the truck was nearly perfect, all four tires were original, original belts and hoses. THe battery had rotted out the inner and outer fender. We replaced these with OEM parts and my bro painted it Corvette yellow (?) What is interesting is my (other) oldest brother has a 72 Cheyenne BB 402, TH400, tilt, tach, AC PS PB, bed side tool box that my uncle bought new off the lot at AJ Foyt Chevrolet in Pasadena TX. My uncle still had the paperwork and paid less for the Cheyenne than the fellow did when he special ordered the C10. It would be cool to be able to have the freedom to special order a truck today like they could then. I wish I had pics of either truck. Both bro's have pics, don't know if they are digital on the C10, though, as this wasd back in the early/ mid 90's
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote