The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #26
Thumpin455
My truck is an alcoholic

Re: 7/13 edition what did you get done?

Decided to make the winter beater into a parts car, it wont run and nothing I do to it can change that fact. So the one with a rod knock is now the home of the spare engine and will get parts from the beater that just stopped running.

Hauling the Phord to a shop, cant get it running either, been throwin parts at it for a while. The thing that is useful about it is what is causing the headache, EFI and OD trans. Stupid truck gets 20mpg towin the loaded trailer, strange how the 454 in the 76 wont do that.. I will actually pay someone to figure it out this time. I dont have enough info available to find the wire that is losing power to the ECM. Make note of this day, because it doesnt happen very often.

Got the paint rubbed out on most of the Cougar, sanding has taken me months to get right. Just gotta respray clear on the pass door, then sand the drivers side fender and that sucker is ready for glass and interior.

Spent most of my time working on POS vehicles that just stopped running for no apparent reason. Interesting how neither of them were GM products. Also interesting how I cant get them running again but can keep one of the GMs running easily, even when it loses all engine management.

Thinking about a quality respray and getting the dents out of the 88 for the spousal unit. She loves that truck, it just sucks down gas and gets a flat after 30 minutes. It also looks like crap. So while she is away on a school related trip for two weeks, its gonna get shiny and a set of tires. I think I can do it in two weeks if I just knuckle down and do it, no rust and only a few small door dings in it. She wont let me drop it, but I can swap in the 400 sbc in place of the anemic 4.3 that has never seemed to run right.