The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #26
Chevyman680063

Re: Air Conditioning in your Truck??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fchava View Post
How much did that kit cost you, and how hard is it to install?
Chevyman680063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #27
fchava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman680063 View Post
How much did that kit cost you, and how hard is it to install?
Seems like it was around 950 almost 5 years ago don't remember for sure. I can't comment on the install as I am getting fat and lazy and I had my friends shop install it. I don't think it would be hard to install it is just that I am getting lazy as I get old[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
fchava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #28
billydonn
Council of the Elders

Here's a link to the VintageAir AC installation instructions for your viewing pleasure:

http://vintageair.com/DownloadsSecti...ir)%20Inet.pdf

Unlike fchava, I am still young and vigorous enough to install it . It isn't too bad if you can follow directions and make your own decisions about where/how to put vents in, etc. You must have the seats out unless you are on the petitte side, IMO.

Truck Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/billydonn
Truck Video: http://good-times.webshots.com/video...ost=good-times

Last edited by billydonn; 07-24-2008 at 08:23 AM.
billydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #29
coolair

Thanks for the comments guys.........My steering column is a universal ididit tilt column. I love the HD cooling fan Chevyman! Its better than nothing!

I may be a little biased as I work for VA but for the most part, if you are comfortable working on your truck, an AC install is not that hard to do - may be a little time consuming but not hard. When you live in So. Texas, a good AC system is more of a necessity rather than a luxury. With the cost of building a truck, for a $1000 bucks or so, i think it is money well spent to make it comfortable and more fun to drive.
coolair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #30
fchava

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydonn View Post
Here's a link to the VintageAir AC installation instructions for your viewing pleasure:

http://vintageair.com/DownloadsSecti...ir)%20Inet.pdf

Unlike fchava, I am still young and vigorous enough to install it . It isn't too bad if you can follow directions and make your own decisions about where/how to put vents in, etc. You must have the seats out unless you are on the petitte side, IMO.
Yeah its funny, when I was younger I did everything myself, now when I can afford it, I pick and choose what I want to work on and how much I want to do.
By the way, here is a van column
[IMG][/IMG]
fchava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #31
Chevyman680063

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolair View Post
Thanks for the comments guys.........My steering column is a universal ididit tilt column. I love the HD cooling fan Chevyman! Its better than nothing!

I may be a little biased as I work for VA but for the most part, if you are comfortable working on your truck, an AC install is not that hard to do - may be a little time consuming but not hard. When you live in So. Texas, a good AC system is more of a necessity rather than a luxury. With the cost of building a truck, for a $1000 bucks or so, i think it is money well spent to make it comfortable and more fun to drive.
That's why I want to put an A/C in my truck. The heat here is bad too, probably not as bad as in south Texas but when you're riding in these old vehicles with no air it feels like you're gonna melt. If I had to choose to have an A/C or heater in my truck I would take the A/C.
Chevyman680063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #32
64Magoo

All you guys who used the serpentine system off 88-98 trucks what was involved? I am going to part out an '89K2500 with a 350 and want to take as much as can use before I scrap the thing. Maybe the power steering will work but doubtful, maybe the steering column, seats for sure, etc. I was wondering about that serpentine system for a while I don't know if I have enough holes in my block (350 block from the 70's)
64Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote