The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #26
NF65Fleetside

Re: Thinking about selling my truck

well I totally understand your frustration...this is the 3rd go around for me being in it with the same truck and Im throwing in the towel. BUT your waaaaay in better shape than I am, Im sure there are a couple of members here that can get that 350 and trans in for you in a days time and running! I on the other had have a truck thats on a public street and non-op...Id give my left nut for a garage and driveway!
NF65Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #27
Anthony Fremont

Yeah Justcuz, I haven't heard a peep over the truck. I think we're all on the same page now, so I don't really expect any more trouble from them. It's their game, but once you learn the rules it seems they really don't enjoy playing anymore.

They don't like nailing down the specifics of the "grey" areas either. When I was talking to the police chief about them chalking my tires daily, I insisted that he tell me exactly how far I had to move the car to be legal. He sure didn't seem to like telling me 6" per day would satisfy the law.
'97 1200C Sportster
Anthony Fremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
InkedGurl

Now I knowI need to sell the truck.Hardship and loss of job.Anybody know if anyone would even want to buy it?Or the engine?I have a 350 built up with all kinds of goodies.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #29
64c20crewcab

So sorry to hear this. I sure could use the motor but no job yet. Good luck with all thats going on.

1964 C20 Long Stepside 3 Door Crew Cab
- Armbruster-Stageway Conversion

Y2K INDN Chief

"ONE OF A KIND, NOT ONE OF THE CROWD"
Aug 2010 - Front end frame cleanup & engine swap done!!!
June 2011 - Rear end bagged
Sept 2011 - Rebuild motor top end
Sept 2012 - Parked and slowly working on it.
Aug 2013 - Front end bagged - finally!
Aug 2014 - Stepside swap conversion done. Finally ready to start bodywork! Have a few KEWL ideas...
Here is my build thread:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=335427
64c20crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #30
Chevy Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by NF65Fleetside View Post
well I totally understand your frustration...this is the 3rd go around for me being in it with the same truck and Im throwing in the towel. BUT your waaaaay in better shape than I am, Im sure there are a couple of members here that can get that 350 and trans in for you in a days time and running! I on the other had have a truck thats on a public street and non-op...Id give my left nut for a garage and driveway!
I must have missed something. Is something wrong with your truck? I thought you had it all worked out.

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #31
justcuz

Post it up in the typical places. Ask a fair price, it should sell. How many recepts do you have for the work that has been done? Be sure you have all you need to insure you recieve a fair price. I am going to Monterey for a few days, but if you would like me to take a look at what you have or help write an add, just pm me. I'll be back some time Wednesday.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #32
suzq044
Resident Photoshop Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
Here are some suggestions:
I would work on getting it running and driving first.
As long as you have plates and insurance, you should be able to do "maintence" on it in your drive way every day.
.. that depends; because our HOA, doesn't even allow us to change our oil on our own property. Hell, i'm sure they'd have a fit if we just parked the ol' ugly thing on the driveway. We have 5 cars at this house right now, 6 would be interesting; especially at night. When we HAVE to have all the cars on the driveway, because "it looks bad" -- who tf looks at a neighborhood at night?..

[/rant] - sorry. Our panel lives on a storage lot, where he's been sitting since we bought him; all it needs is brakes and a battery to get it drivable though. We just don't have time/money to do the job. There's apparently a linkage broken behind the firewall.

Anywho, I totally feel for your situation & I'm sure my boyfriend would be happy to help out if needs be. He's got all the books in the world on how to do stuff to these old trucks. Just PM We're in San Diego, but we drive up to LA on occasion.

Last edited by suzq044; 08-29-2008 at 03:27 PM.
suzq044 is offline   Reply With Quote