The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #26
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Been waiting for this day :(

rivited1,
if you change your mind & decide to have one rebuiilt locally, PLEASE DO NOT USE PHILLIPS TRANSMISSIONS IN MESA. THEY SUCK BAD & they will cheat you!!!. now that i am done with my rant i will say that you would be good to get a crate one in my opinion. thanks & good luck!!
rodstored-72
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #27
70rs/ss

Hughes perf trans is in Phoenix, but any reputable shop in the valley should do one for about $6-800, so a trans from Summit or Jegs is a deal as well. I have a guy in Tucson I use, but that is a hundred or so miles away?! Nationwide up in Show Low has done good work for me and they have shops down there as well. If you pull it and reinstall, you'll save some $$$. Good luck, BTW the HOA can huff and puff, but they have no leagal authority over you, tell them to....well just ignore them!! My mom lives in an HOA and I tore cars apart on a fairly regular basis, they complained I tried to work with them then talked to a cop and he said it was all civil and they couldn't do anything, especially if it is parked in your driveway, get it fixed up, but not on their account. If $$$ was tight I'd just put a cover over it and finish one before the other. BTW if you need a place to "STORE IT" I need a Burb?! Seriously you wanna sell? I want a burb pretty bad and might could help you if it isn't working out for ya?? PM me.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #28
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Well, I ordered a trans and converter from Summit yesterday. I would have bought locally if I had known of a reputable shop, but I didn't, so Summit got my $$. I plan to pull it and swap it myself to save some cash.

70rs/ss I'm about to send u a PM.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote