The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #26
724x4a/cchevy
Self-proclaimed LED man

Re: Feedback on LED Tailights If You Have Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool71
Those look pretty good. Do you have a video clip of those in action? Also would like to see the side markers and front marker led from Justin in action.
I'm working on a video for ya. If you guys want specific pictures, take a look at the photobucket album in my signature. They are all organized into categories in the top left corner of the photobucket album. If you don't see a pic there that you want, just let me know and I'll see if I can find one.
Justin
I also do LED:
-Third Brake/Cargo
-Brake (truck and burb)
-Reverse (truck and burb)
-67-68 Front Turn Signals
-69-70 Front Turn Signals
-71-72 Front Turn Signals
-GMC Front Turn Signals
I can also do custom lights for other vehicles....i did a set for a AMC Gremlin once
Norwood Survivor
724x4a/cchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #27
724x4a/cchevy
Self-proclaimed LED man

Here you go Ol'skool I guess i didn't have a video of the sidemarkers in the album. I stopped doing the custom deluxe sidemarkers. I did a set for five-O and curbstonemechanic (i'm working on it) I'm only doing the 85 chevy van sidemarkers now.
I also do LED:
-Third Brake/Cargo
-Brake (truck and burb)
-Reverse (truck and burb)
-67-68 Front Turn Signals
-69-70 Front Turn Signals
-71-72 Front Turn Signals
-GMC Front Turn Signals
I can also do custom lights for other vehicles....i did a set for a AMC Gremlin once
Norwood Survivor

Last edited by 724x4a/cchevy; 10-16-2008 at 07:50 PM.
724x4a/cchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #28
FIVE 0

Justin sorry to hear your not making the delux markers any more. I love mine. Dont blame you though, looked like a lot of work and proly loosing money on them. Still plan on tails and fronts, saving me coin to do so. Until then Ill take care of my limited addition markers.
FIVE 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #29
soba_03

I don't think that you need to replace the flasher if your only doing the tail lights. If the front turn signals are still factory type bulbs then they will pull enough to make your flashers work. IF your replacing both sets, front and rear then I believe that you would need a flash unit. Someone chime in here... I have led bulbs in my tail lights and a factory flasher and it works just fine.
soba_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #30
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
Did you have to change your flasher with the 1157's?
If you use LED's, you'll need an electronic flasher. The incandescent bulbs create a resistance in the circuit that heats up the bi-metal portion of the stock flasher and that's what makes it flash.

LED's don't have the current draw, i.e., resistance, that heats up the bi-metallic switch. So, electronic is the only way. Even if your front bulbs are incandescent, it won't be enough resistance in the circuit.

On my '96, I had to add a 6 ohm, 50 watt resistor parallel to the turn signal filament eqivalent in the LED's that I bought and installed, in order to get them to flash slowly and appropriately. The electronic flasher in the newer trucks isn't in tune with LED's.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.

Last edited by ChevLoRay; 10-17-2008 at 09:43 AM.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #31
Fastandcrazy

For headlights i installed the new headlights out of the LMC catalog. The crystal clear headlamps with a replaceable H4 bulb, i also got the harness with relays so i don't burn out my headlamp switch. The headlights are awesome at night, would not go back to the sealed beams if I ever had to. I use the PIAA H4 Extreme White Plus and they are great, i get the occasional flash "your lights are too damn bright". Oh well.

For my LED taillights, i picked up a pair from a local store, they just happen to have one last pair and i got them for 90 bucks. I am really happy with them, very bright and noticeable. There is no doubt about it when i am stopping. However, i do have a problem with my flasher, since i have LEDs in the front as well, so i had to get the tailight load resistor from www.superbrightleds.com. other than that, a very satisified owner.