The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #26
jorgensensc

Re: Guide me please. Sound deadener?

I ended up going with the RAAMMAT. I spoke to the owner and he was very personable, and sounded honest. I found other message boards he was on and read real life reviews of his product. I even read where some had issues with a batch of his product and continued to read how he remedied the situation and with what type of customer service. Overall I was very impressed. It is the "cheapest", yet quality BUTYL deadener that I could find. I also ordered the closed cell foam to go over the top . I have only added the RAAMMAT to the back walls of the cargo area of the Suburban, but I have already noticed a very big difference. I liked the idea of Second Skin, and Anthony was very nice, (spoke to him more than once), but at the end of the day it was very expensive and I'm not building a competition sound system type vehicle. I also checked into the Butyl Fat Mat, but it was also very expensive, and they didn't offer any closed cell foam. I have some open cell heat insulation (Reflectix)that I'm going to install in the front of the burb area first, then the RAAMMAT, then the closed cell foam. THen of course the carpet. I hope all of this will keep the heat and noise down. We will see.
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Last edited by jorgensensc; 12-06-2008 at 02:02 PM.
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #27
Gumby

Oh dude I would never use jute padding, its why our GM cars n truck floor pans rust out.
90% of the time they rust from the inside out. That jute padding is nothing but a sponge that holds moisture. One of the first things I remove from every vehicle I own.

Unless where talking a show vehicle that will never have rainy or snow wet feet in it…..
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #28
72zz4

I used fat mat in my 72 .i like it very much i used two layers over the floor, back of cab and one layer in the doors.
72zz4 is offline   Reply With Quote