The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #26
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Re: Inline Tube vrs The Right Stuff....I have them both you decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
I wanna say they were not staggered, but I'm not sure.
I'm sure your correct.
Thanks.
Dean
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #27
COBALT

Re: Inline Tube vrs The Right Stuff....I have them both you decide.

I bought a set from Inline Tube back in 2002 for my TH400/350. I didn't get SS but nevertheless I had problems connecting them to the transmission. It turns out they way they lay along the engine and come up to the transmission resulted in a slight mis-alignment that prevented me from connecting them right. They didn't look correct at all at first, and I contemplated sending them back before I gave it another shot and started trying different layouts. I basically messed with them for a couple of hours before getting them installed properly.

I think the problem is they're bent a little too perfect. In other words the bends are trying to be too precise. Also, getting those nuts to thread into the transmission meant I had to put some pressure on the side of the lines to prevent cross-threading. I really wrecked my hands getting them to line up, so I gave up on that and disconnected them at the radiator and connected them to the transmission first instead. There was enough yield at the radiator to get them to line up without putting too much pressure on them, and that meant giving up the idea of sending them back. I've had no problems with them, and in fact did a transmission swap back in 2005 and used the same lines with no problems.

My engine is in the std position, so my issue was just a question of alignment and lay-out. However, if that isn't your issue and they're flat-out too short that's a whole other problem. Inline tube may not get that. When I ordered mine they literally had two choices. I don't know if they expanded their product lines since 2002, but maybe your engine is farther back than mine.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote