The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #26
sameyrasmea72

Re: Picked up a couple 72 BB trucks this week!

I DON'T WANT TO TURN THIS INTO A FOR SALE THREAD!!!

I have see enough of them locked out for that reason

The cab on the GMC is worse that it looks in the pic, but my body guy (Jason Hill) said he could fix it if he had a another cab to cut up. But, I have tons of air cabs so I think it would still be easier to just swap cabs JMO

I took the buckets out of the Cheyenne super, and I have decided that it is actually a very decent old truck. It needs rockers and maybe cab corners and has that fixable dent in the bedside, but that is really about it. I don't know why I did not notice how decent it was at first, I guess because it has had the bed and doors replaced and looks mismatched and I had my eye on the seats.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameyrasmea72 View Post
I DON'T WANT TO TURN THIS INTO A FOR SALE THREAD!!!
Oh no no...you misunderstood.I never said anything about buying anything.I meant you could GIVE it to me.
I thought as I typed that I hate to be a parts vulture.But,if and when...

I hear you on the Sierra cab repair.There`s a point of deminishing return with these.But,on the same hand,it`s always a shame to trash something that is rebuildable.I had a rustfree cab with damage to the back panel that would have required changing out the back panel,about a $1,500 job a few years ago.I replaced it with a good cab because I had the parts.But,I might have paid as much as the repair for a ready to go cab.I couldn`t bring myself to scrap that cab.I saw to it that it lived on.I traded my machinist buddy for some motor work.Then,he built a motor for a body guy who fixed the cab.We made it so it wasn`t about money.But,even when it is dollar for dollar,the fact is you can`t get anymore.I`m just ramblin`,not preachin`.I also know about having junk laying around.
If I had the time I`d gather old cabs and resurrect them for a hobby.Just about every cab that gets scrapped could be repaired with time.Imagine how many cabs you could gather.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-27-2008 at 09:00 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #28
BHRS

Just an observation... Back in the mid to late 80's my dad and I rebuilt '57 Chevy's (cars not trucks). Back then we could find nice hardtops for 5k and rusty ones for 1k. We could go out every weekend and drag home a 4dr for a couple hundred bucks. We would part them out-even though they may just need a floor pan or rocker. Now all those cars are the ones everyone is buying reproduction parts for.

I see the 67-72 trucks as being on the same road. We can pickup a decent long box for a grand and short boxes for a little more. Pretty soon all of our discarded cabs and parts will be the ones our kids are looking for to buy and fix up.

If you swap cabs, just hang on to the wrecked one for future generations to build...

1972 Cheyenne C10
Unrestored Original-3 Owner-RUST FREE Texas Truck
Big Block-TH400-PS-PB-AC-AM/FM Radio
BHRS is offline   Reply With Quote