The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #26
Gray Ghost

Re: Quick ? bout our trucks....

If someone lowballs you, just tell them the price just went up...they'll get lost real quick.

While it may not be worth what you were asking it is your truck and you don't want to sell it for less than it's worth to you...$700 doesn't buy much even these days.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:08 AM   #27
ripdog28

If they spends the time explaining why your truck is worth less then you want or contact you while you don't have it for sale it is worth a HELL of a lot more then they want to pay
462ci, forged crank, H-beam rods, 10.5-1 KB forged pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 308cc, Straub Cam, Comp Cams chrome moly full rollers, Weiand Team G, Prosystems 950, TH400/3500 Dalenzie stall, Currie 9+ Detroit Locker w/31spline axles.3.5/6in drop. My Build.
ripdog28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #28
phipp13
THE DAMN YANKEE

i had a fairly nice unrestored 68 lwb step. a real survivor sold it for 2k bought it 2 yrs earlier for 2k and collected tons of parts to restore it. i found a 72swb step instead. the buyer just stroked a check no haggling and said thanks a lot for such a good deal! these trucks rare? no but they are very desireable to own imho
phipp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #29
see ten
WTB this ad

Sometimes people call me worthless...

Always consider the source of your information.....And then move on.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #30
caminokid
Chevy nut

I went to sell my 87 Chevy truck one night. New motor...350 4 bolt...ran perfect. Needed a rocker on the left side...bed in perfect shape. Tailgate no dings dent or anything else. A guy and his wife showed up looking at it. He was all about how well the truck ran. His wife started in trying to get me to come down cause of the rocker...then told me the carpet was dirty and how much it would cost to get it detailed. I was only asking 800.00 for it. she went on and on about a ding here and it needed painted...then told me she would give me 400.00 for it. I shut the hood...shut off the truck...and said I can get 600.00 out of the motor. I can scrap out the rest of the truck for alot more. She said something else...well I will give you 600.00 then. I told her then it wasnt for sale to her and walked in the house. I sold the motor for 600.00 used the front crossmember and suspension and the power steering box and p/s pump for my 69 project and the rally's. Scrapped out the rest for about 200.00.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #31
theyammieguy
accepting donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10concepts View Post
If i ever get it painted i will paint it the same color......
Considering the inside of my cab is the same color I will probably do the same.

See my builds here>http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/nickrp_2006/

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
David Crockett
theyammieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #32
ashx2

A guy popped off as I pulled into the grocery store parking lot one night....."You wanna sell the truck?"

My first response, was no, and that I had just got the truck and it was one like I had in high school, so it held some fond memories for me.

But he continued, "You sure you don't wanna sell the truck?"

So, I looked at him and said, "Sure, for $10 grand we can talk about it." He commented that it wasn't worth $10 grand. To that I said, "Then we have nothing further to talk about....do we!"

There's nothing that a new truck can do for me like my classic '72 does. It makes me feel like I did in high school and also helps me to relax and enjoy the blacktop.

You have to remember, that a computer is just like a phone........if you don't like what the person on the other end is saying......you can hit delete and/or hang up. But if you put it up for sale and open yourself up for obo....then don't get your feathers ruffled when somebody lowball's you......cause it's going to happen.

Good luck w/whatever you do.

Greg
ashx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #33
c10concepts

Thanks guys I appreciate all the input and have taken everything in....I guess Im just a hot head and get mad to quick. I guess im a lil sensitive about my truck haha
c10concepts is offline   Reply With Quote