The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #26
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: wiring..... piece of cake or holy crap?

My American Autowire harness for my '50 showed up today. I've never done it before, but by the end of the month it'll be done (working on other stuff before getting to the wiring )
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #27
CSGAS
optomistic ah-so

Quote:
Originally Posted by z400rider8787 View Post
thanks for all the input. I think i will go with a full harness. wiring is not a problem for me i build 70 million dollar airplanes for boeing so i think i can handle it. ive decided to re-do it all so i can add all the cool modern stuff (HEI/CDI ignition, electric fans, upgraded headlights, possibly power windows, etc.) ill let everyone know how it goes.
I've been considering mapping out an alternative diagram before getting into my wiring. The one posted in the very informative thread in the FAQ is for stock vehicles, with and without gauges, and has been very helpful in tracking down a variety of problems in my stock wiring and figuring out how to patch them or, in most cases, find a bad grounding issue. However, I'm used to what I've done or seen in street rods and the stock stuff does not seem intuitive to me and in some cases there have been safer practices developed since the truck was engineered.

It's going to be a while before I can find "spare time" to work on such a diagram, but if you're going to do all the bells and whistles--I mean relays and late model equipment anyway, maybe you could pass some photos, and document what snags you run into. You'll probably be done before I get started anyway!!!

1970 C-10 lwb Fleetside. Originally 350 2-bbl 3-on-the-tree, m/b, m/w, m/s no a/c. Currently running on a '76 Camaro 305.
CSGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #28
VanceH
Loving the Jimmster

Similar topic, my 67 has a set of wires that go from the drivers side to the pass side across the front of the truck. They are in some sort of sleeve right in front of the radiator on top? Is this standard? I really dont like it, is there something else you guys are doing?
VanceH is offline   Reply With Quote