The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #26
slepysal

Re: I fell in love

"Can't we all just get along?"
most likley not. but the smores sound good

"Over, Around or through it... "
Old 04-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #27
Daniel 61 Apache

Did you offer him anything and he just wouldn't bite? Looks pretty sound in the pictures, but I feel $1500 would have been a little steep. And I live in Ohio, where they pour the salt down without regard. Good luck with your choice either way.

Just thought about this. I figure you'd be into that truck for at least $3k with shipping. Why not go for something like this?

Craigslist link

Quote:
here i have two 1964 chevy trucks this is a package deal the yellow 1964 C10 I bought to make 4 wheel drive.I then bought the all original 1964 chevy K10 4x4 green truck for the original 4x4 drivetrain two put in the yellow truck.this is a very rare find.I have well over five thousand with shipping and everything in these two trucks they both run and drive but needs brake work.I am moveing and I am willing two sell both trucks for $3500.00 dollars please call my cell phone at (440)-413-9793 ask for ken

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference....The Marines don't have that problem.

Sic vis pacem, para bellum. -- "If you want peace, prepare for war."
Old 04-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #28
MacAttack
283 Drama Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
A 1500 dollar truck in hand to a yankee is just as good as going across the country to get a cheaper truck. Gas and wear and tear on your truck and trailer is not free. It don't take long driving all over, stopping for meals and gas to eat up any savings.
And that's the truth.

Mac.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #29
TwoFiftyShifter

Special K..... that truck has no doors! The paint scheme looks AWFULLY familiar though....

I saw that truck Friday and It is a real AZ truck, cab is all solid, frame is good, bed isn't bad and that dusty old 292.... RUNS? Wow, never would have guessed it.

That said, I too am from the salt belt, lower NY, but I think you should try to get it for cheaper. The guy selling it is pretty reasonable, too. I think at $1500 it's an OK deal, but I would personally feel a little better if it was 1200-1300. Short bed fleet for AZ? $$$.

Up north stuff like that is golden, the bed alone is worth a ton of money. Good luck with it, and sorry, but these aren't for sale

Last edited by TwoFiftyShifter; 04-27-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #30
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

he isnt in upstate new york, hes in MD. Not that there is much of a diff in rust.. a little but not much between the two states.

Ive had reports cause kevin cussed, cause others were being rude etc etc..

Honestly guys.. i dont see an issue with anyones post. Should kevin had cussed? nope
did he? yep
do I really actually need to waste time reading a whole post cause he did? hell no..

anyway, having been born and raised in NY.. the pickings are slim when it comes to low rust.. the price is not out of line for carlisle and traveling from the east coast to modesto cali is just silly to save a few bucks.. the cost of gas alone in cali would kill that deal

tim good luck on what ya choose
the ones who got feelings hurt, please put on the big boy pants and go on with the day.
the ones who cussed, stop (yes i will stop too)
and everyone else have a scrudidillyumptious afternoon.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #31
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Due to all the bashing, this thread is closed.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #32
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

see what happens guys.. you report a post that a STAFF member started. If he had an issue with it, then he would had dealt with it.. then ya get all kindsa staff involved and we all end up looking like idiots trying to deal with it...

fred the only reason i left it open was tim did not appear to have an issue with it. if he wants it closed so be it. i aint openin it, if tim wants to he can
Old 04-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #33
special-K
Special Order

I unlocked this to make a few comments before locking it again...Good move Fred,it deserved being locked.

Nothing people say can ruffle me over this truck.I am all too familiar with band wagon hoppin`nay sayers.It`s the dark side of this board.Maybe some need to read before posting.I said I wasn`t buying it,so I didn`t make an offer.I said it was being offered as parts or whole.Obviously the guy knew he`d get more in parts,so the whole price would be a bit higher.I`m sure he`d do $1,200...I`m no fool and neither is he.I also said all the body parts came with it.I don`t need no doors.
"Love is blind?"...looks like someone is darned lucky they didn`t get an infraction on that move.But,to show what a sport I am we`ll let you slide.I`d say anyone who can`t see a great start to a solid truck is blind.And,the transport cost was in the cost already,BTW.I`ve never seen dust keep a motor from running.You`ll have that in the arid southwest.It stucks to oil real good like cake.
I pride myself on turning coal to diamonds...don`t we all?also,I checked those Craigslist trucks.$3,500 for painted over junk is better?The other shortbed had rust.Maybe y`all (Maryland is south of the Mason-Dixon) don`t know the value of an original paint vehicle.They don`t lie.
It`s ashame when so called 60-66 truck enthusiasts can`t appreciate a good find.I drive a `72 K2500 Sierra Grande straight out of Modesto,CA.I only buy solid western steel and it`s expensive to get here.I sold my two other`72 K/20s in the last couple years...a Cheyenne Super Custom Camper from Santee,CA and a Highlander from N/E Colorado,both loaded rustfree original paint trucks.I know what I`m doing and if I need some advise I`ll ask....over

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-27-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #34
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Sweet 'knuck Tim. That's what I love.

EDIT:Thanks Bro.You see she`s a`47,right?She`s back down again and those couple pics I took before tearing into her.I used some other parts and some repro when I did it years ago.I have everything gathered to re-do it totally correctamundo,just what she deserves...SP-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.

Last edited by special-K; 04-28-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Closed Thread