The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #26
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Re: How much is a clean, straight, rust-free body worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbristo67 View Post
I dont think so. I have a friend that has a close to perfect 68 SB and he has 15000 in it and that is with his free labor

If he has that amount in a long bed he spent too much unless he plans on keeping it for life. Long beds dont normally bring that kind of money!. If you like your vehicle/s its your choice to spend as much as you want. It unfortunaty doesnt automatically make them worth what you spent and normally you are never able to count your time as being worth anything other than a learning experience.

My opinion only!
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #27
Huck

It sounds like this truck has potential---but at $10K the potential will be negative as you will have way too much invested going in. I don't believe anyone with any 67-72 truck knowledge would pay that for it. So offer him a fair and reasonable price for what it is but figure out before hand what it will cost you to make it "Your Way". If you can make the numbers work, then add an additional 25% contingency (ask anyone here why hehehe). That way you will get to where you want to get to both truck wise and money wise. Enjoy---Huck
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #28
Loptics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
It sounds like this truck has potential---but at $10K the potential will be negative as you will have way too much invested going in. I don't believe anyone with any 67-72 truck knowledge would pay that for it. So offer him a fair and reasonable price for what it is but figure out before hand what it will cost you to make it "Your Way". If you can make the numbers work, then add an additional 25% contingency (ask anyone here why hehehe). That way you will get to where you want to get to both truck wise and money wise. Enjoy---Huck
$7500 for the truck with the old 400 engine on the side is still on the table...he hasn't sold it yet...
Loptics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #29
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak View Post
If he has that amount in a long bed he spent too much unless he plans on keeping it for life. Long beds dont normally bring that kind of money!. If you like your vehicle/s its your choice to spend as much as you want. It unfortunaty doesnt automatically make them worth what you spent and normally you are never able to count your time as being worth anything other than a learning experience.
My opinion only!
Good points 72freak...I will have way more than $15K into The Circuit Rider. With that said I plan on keeping her and some day I will pass it down to 70cstjr. It's a 70 LWB BB CST with loads of factory options. If I were to sell it I would loose my shirt. Loptics... if you are planning on keeping the truck for a long time, your happy with the truck, and are satisfied with the selling price ... then go for it. JMHO Lots of good opinins.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #30
rob32472

Does any one ever tear down and build one of these to make money? I know many buy them and resell here but usually they only do what they have to to sell it.. Point being if you are going into this hobby thinking when you finish with your truck you are goin to make money then I think most if not all would agree you are sadly mistaken. If you like the truck and it is solid I say go for it..... some people gamble, some people drink and party, some people chase women, and when they are done doing all those they restore old cars and trucks
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote