The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2003, 07:53 AM   #26
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

ONe thing I DO miss about Cali, is my parts guys, one was a Napa the other wasnt,,, Theres not a wide range of choices here in Valdosta, unless you wanna go to Auto Zone (fine for oil and such but thats bout it).. Try being a FEMALE and dealing with the guys like Cobalt described... I have trouble enough getting my parts and such straight without some one just messing with me.....At the Valdosta Napa, One is just a punk @sshole,,, too frikin cool to wait on a GIRL who MIGHT accidently know something about her own truck that the cool, All Mighty Parts Dude dont know..... the other ........ "We aint got nuttin like 'at".... or "Dat didnt come wit dat".... Or they give me something totally wrong,, they HAVE to know its wrong.... then they get all offended when I actually open the box to check the part myself.... Thank God for "Sean"... when hes working is the ONLY time ill go there and actually try to get a part or something important.....

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:14 AM   #27
robby
Semper Fidelis

pickmup- I like your approach
Cedar City, Utah
(Missouri Native)
robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:45 PM   #28
72'BBGMCSGCC

Thumbs down

I hate Napa too. I bought a carb kit to rebuild my carb and they gave me the wrong kit, so I took it back and ask them if they had the right one .They did ,but they wouldn't refund my money because the package was opened, so I took there phone and threw it on the floor and told them we were even. Won't buy from them again unless it's an emergency. Problem is ,most of the people in the autopart stores here think they are doing you a favor. I buy from carquest. Stay away form Napa
72'BBGMCSGCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #29
~72'Pete~

I have banned Napa for the same reason, bought a CB and got the driveline out and BAM wrong friggen one!!!! GRRRRRR! I was PO big time.

Glad I aint the only one..lol

~72~
~72'Pete~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:12 PM   #30
RED72blazer
urban fourwheelin

I'm kinda in the middle here, I frequent the napa that cobalt was complaining about. I agree that the manager is a complete bonehead(if it's the same guy) but I also know a gut that works there that I'll deal with. His name is carl, he drives a primer 67 buick skylark, he's just a little bit older than me. If he's not there Ill walk right back out of the store. You want to know why I'll deal with him? He knows my cars by heart, He'll go out of his way to give me mutipull Options for what I want. and he always try's to save me some money if he can. To me It's not the parts store that is the problem it's the employees. You just gotta find someone that is knowledgeable and stick with them.

btw Action atuo on 78th and aroara isn't too bad
Old 01-06-2003, 07:30 PM   #31
COBALT

Yeah, I agree with Action. How old are you, RED72blazer? Are you talking about the young guy that often works behind the counter? There is a young dude there that actually tries pretty hard to do the right thing, and he's not a pain in the butt. There's another guy that I think is in his 40's (curly haired dude) that does a pretty good job, but he's a bit pushy. He talked me into using a cast iron primer and paint on my 2bbl intake I had cleaned and cooked at their machine shop. I should have walked away from what he was trying to sell me, because it all flaked off around the heat risers in the first 5 minutes of the engine running. He and I had a little disagreement about that paint, and I was tempted to go tell him NOT to sell that crap to people with cast-iron manifolds.

The guy I was talking about earlier spends 99.9% of his time at the back of the store at the end of the counter near the rear door. He's got to be in his late 50's or early 60's. Real pain in the a$$.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:14 PM   #32
ThreeQuarter

COBALT, good luck finding a new store.

Everyone: I started a temporary job behind a counter last week and I have to say that I have a new respect for anybody behind a cash register that is attached to a computer database. All but about 5% of my customers know more about the products and their uses than I do. Pickmup's approach is very effective with ppl who want to help but don't know much. As for people who don't want to help, there's no remedy for that.

BTW, my Napa guys are the creme of the crop; since that chain is made up of privately-owned stores you can't really generalize about the quality of all Napa employees.
ThreeQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:03 AM   #33
RED72blazer
urban fourwheelin

Cobalt well I'm only 19, I don't think he's much older than me, He's the only younger Guy at that store. I sure I know what guy yuor taking about too. Does he have glasses?