The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #26
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956cameo View Post
And the winner of best girlfriend of the year goes too.....
Mike531

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #27
BCT

Picked up the truck today, the rain helped with that a lot! A little more rot then I originally thought from the pictures but I did find out it has power steering which I didn't think it had. I thought it was a 5 lug truck from the picture I could see of the rear end but the front is six and the rear has been swapped out to something with 5 lugs that I'm not sure what it is. Also thought it was going to be coil rear but it's leaf spring. From looking it over really quick in the rain both rear fenders and both doors are rotted but I might be able to re-skin the passenger door. The drivers door is gone from the bottom to halfway up and around the top hinge but replacing that one wont bother me because someone thought it would be a good idea to cut a speaker into it. The rocker is gone on the drivers side along with part of the floor. There are a couple small holes in the drivers side of the bed but I should be able to fix those. A few holes here and there on the firewall and a small one on the roof where the drip rail is but looks fixable without too much work. The radiator support looks shot but I'll know about that better when I take it apart but it also looks like the bottom of the radiator is shot so I'm not sure if it's just chunks of the radiator sitting on the support that makes the support look like it's rotted. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the transmission yet because it used to be on the column but someone did a very bad job at putting it on the floor, hard to tell what gear it's in or if it's even in gear. We forgot the camera when we went so I won't have any pictures until tomorrow.
BCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #28
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

kool with any luck I'm going to get my parts truck today now that the rain has stopped...I beleive it a 3 on the tree if you want parts to put it back together let me know...lik I said I'll kknow more later today like you I'm sure...

Old 11-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #29
BCT

Where to start....... I knew that the floor was a little rotted but after pulling out the carpet and weather stripping I found more rot then good metal. It's so bad that I'm going to be hunting around for a cab in better condition. The PO decided to add floor mat after floor mat instead of actually fixing the floor to keep his feet from going down to the road. The front end is actually pretty solid. Looks like the only thing I'm going to have to replace is the passenger side inner fender. The bed is still up in the air. It seems solid for the most part but I haven't taken it apart yet. The only thing I've done so far is take out the seat, tank and carpet along with about 6 sets of floor mats and some astro-turf that the PO put over the gas tank. This morning I started ripping apart the cap so I could start work on the bed to see how bad it really is. Anyway here are a few pictures:
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #30
BCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
kool with any luck I'm going to get my parts truck today now that the rain has stopped...I beleive it a 3 on the tree if you want parts to put it back together let me know...lik I said I'll kknow more later today like you I'm sure...
How did you make out with your parts truck? I took a look at the other one the guy had were I bought mine and it didn't look like anything special. It's a 72 6cyl 3 speed with a clear title. I couldn't get that close to it because of all the other cars he had in the way but it looked like the door bottoms were rotted out from what I could see. He was asking $550 for it but I'm sure you could get it for less. If you're interested I'll give you his number
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #31
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

I saw it on craigslist...I'll check that parts truck I picked up the inner may be usable I also have the pair I took out of my truck...the parts truck is stripped to the bones not much left after we picked it up off the ground

check your heater controls and inner heater box also I can save the fuel tank if you need it

that red truck looks like aparts truck too take another look your in a better postion to get a good deal on it...I would even pick it up for you I would offer him $150 tell him you need the parts to fix the other one he sold you...

Jeff