The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #26
Anadrol

Re: At the Car Stereo Shop Right Now...

Allright boys, time for the first round of pics.

The Doors are already done at this point. They were done last week. I will later post pictures of the whole project. The guy at the shop had a better quality camera, and he took a ton of pictures before, during, and will take more after. When he's all done, the truck will look totally the same as it did before, except for the back wall of the cab, which he will be gluing up a piece of carpet to cover the Dynamat. Under the hood is already completely covered in Dynamat Xtreme, and so is the ceiling (under the headliner), and the entire firewall.

Last edited by Anadrol; 12-17-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Anadrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #27
ghettoluxury

What did the window buttons come out of?

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
ghettoluxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #28
Anadrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoluxury View Post
What did the window buttons come out of?
They came with the kit.
I plan on replacing them with something chrome, or maybe just the factory buttons. But the problem is, those buttons in the pictures are big and they sufficiently cover the big holes in the door panels that were left by the window cranks being removed.

So, in order to have nice, cleaner looking chrome buttons, I need to get new door panels.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #29
Anadrol

Just got it back.

Whoa. Might be the best mod I've ever done to a vehicle. This really has opened my eyes to something- If $500 gets you this type of sound deadening installed with zero labor in your own garage, then why not do this to every car? The biggest difference between say, a Toyota and a Lexus is the sound deadening and how "solid" the doors and the cab feel. That's the biggest, most noticeable difference between a car and a luxury car. Well, for a $500 upgrade, why not just do this to all cars?

This likely won't be the last time I have this done.

Also, this is crazy, but the dude gave me an Amp, a shallow mount 10" sub, and he installed it all for FREE while I stood there because he's trying to talk me into buying a stereo setup from him. He said that equipment was just sitting around, taking up space, and he didn't mind me borrowing it for a while and seeing if I liked having it back there. I swear, I don't know this dude at all, he just wanted to sell me on having subs back there. I will post pics of that box and sub tomorrow, because it's SHALLOW, my friends! I don't have to move my seat up a single inch, which is a big reason that I resisted adding subs back there.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #30
y5mgisi
Second Chance Program

I have been wanting to do that dynamat for a long while now.
y5mgisi is offline   Reply With Quote