The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #26
GMC91
Always trouble

Re: My 76

NOt much progres so far, I did get the rest of the one side done though. But I started a new job working in a aout shop as an aprentice for autobody. Started today and Im liking it so far. But we will see how things go and hopefully everything works out.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #27
GMC91
Always trouble

Alright, been making some progress since I got the weekend off. I got the stake pockets shaved, just doing some finishing touches to them before I prime it. Also started stripping the inside of the bed down. I got some pics but I will up load them later tonight.

Also just for some opinions Im gonna discuss the overall plan for the truck. I am paintin it a nice dark metallic blue. The same color as the early 90's corvettes. The truck will have a nice 3/5 drop on it also. I got a set of rally rims that I am going to have powder coated gloss black with the trim ring to break it up some. After all that, Im thinking of getting some wide white walls to put on it. Pretty much make it look like a classic crusier. It will have a custom interior too. Still looking for ideas on the interior but the outside plan for the truck is pretty much set.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #28
GMC91
Always trouble

As said, here are the pics from today. I am very tired and very burnt lol.

This is what I started with today.

Messing around a little, seeing if it would look cool(and no I aint gonna do it)

After some more filler and sanding

The tips that are going on this truck, cleaned one up just to see how good it will look.

After some filler primer

And one of me after a very long day
Old 04-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #29
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

lookin good
87 chevy silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #30
hawleykt

hey bro, great build so far! cant believe you picked that thing up for that cheap! always enjoy followin your builds...always have alot of pics and details. good luck with the rest of it and glad you are feeling better.
hawleykt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #31
GMC91
Always trouble

Thanks for the replies guys

Not much progress done here lately, new job is taking a toll on me lol. And the fact I have some back stabbing friends, I was too mad to get much done. Everytime I would try to sand, I would get mad and have to take a break and calm down and then get back to work. But I took the front piece out and sanded it down.

This is Friday when I first started, everything was fine then. I even helped one of the back stabbing SOBs out that day.

His is the red truck, I helped him re-seal some valve covers.

Well, the story is, is we were all spose to go to six flags on Saturday, so Friday I was helping him out and asked about the trip. He said that him and the 2 other ppl werent going cause no one had the money. That was fine with me cause I didnt really have the money either. So I got up Saturday and to my suprise( Kinda suspected it) they went to six flags and had invited another one of there friends to go. Now I know why they didnt want me going So I was alright at first till I started to think about it. First I worked on dudes truck, then I picked up the girl that went instead of me. Then this happens. Oh was I pissed. So I called him up and asked him about it and he lied agian, said they were going to Tenn. instead. Thats when I took the front of my truck apart as you can see here

Well thats about all I got done Saturday, went crusing around that night to blow of steam. Well today I get up and check my myspace. And (not to my surprise) there are pictures of them at six flags. One of which they were holding a sign saying F*** Gordon. So I got even more mad then Saturday. So I called him agian, I told him what I thought and what I would do if I see him agian and to never ask me for help on his truck agian. He cant even do an oil change, so you can see were I come in handy alot. So I try to work on my truck agian and I have to stop about every 30 mins and take a break to calm down. I was really trying not to hit my truck. And I didnt, but I feel for Josh if he comes to my house agian. Any way, rant over and back to more pics

The piece that I sanded down today.

After wiping down with thinner

And then sprayed with Chassis Saver

I sprayed the back side of the piece, just for note, Im spraying the front tomorrow with some high build primer.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #32
GMC91
Always trouble

Oh and here are some more pics from today.
First up, my dads 67 Mustang, the only Ford I will ever like and even then, I keep telling my dad to put a 350 in it. Which he is thinking bout cause he hates Ford more than me.

This is also the car that got me into body work.

And of course, one of the truck. Sitting there with her face missing. All she got right now is 2 eyes lol.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #33
GMC91
Always trouble

Been doing a little bit of work, kinda a teaser. I took the front trim out of the truck and painted it the color the truck will eventually be. Its Bahama Blue Poly. I painted the peice to see if I really wanted it to be this color and so far its a hell yes. Anyway, on to the pics cause I know how everyone loves pics.

The first two are with no clear.

And with clear.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #34
89muscletruck

Sweet progress on the truck man! That colour looks to be a winner.
And don't let immature pricks like that get ya down. They just arn't worth it.
89muscletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #35
Sooner84

Trucks coming along nicley man!
And sorry to hear about your "friends"

My first (1984 c10) Build
Sooner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #36
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC91 View Post
... I got a set of rally rims that I am going to have powder coated gloss black with the trim ring to break it up some. After all that, Im thinking of getting some wide white walls to put on it. Pretty much make it look like a classic crusier.....
I think if your gooing for the wide white look, the center would look better with a satin finish. Maybe ditch the trim rings too.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #37
GMC91
Always trouble

Thanks guys, I really like this color blue compared to the 2 others I got laying around. And about the rims, you got me thinking agian lol. I was going to get some skinny trim rings to go on the rims.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 AM   #38
GruntMoanCough

Nice color!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #39
GMC91
Always trouble

Well, I got $55 to spend this weekend on body supplies, so I decided I was gonna get the front end sanded down, fill the marker lights, and primer it all up Long weekend ahead of me, but it will be well worth it I think.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #40
GMC91
Always trouble

Well, didnt get as much done as I would have liked. Once agian, my throat decided to give me problems, so that slowed me down a lot. Going to the doctor later on today to get it looked at agian. But, despite all that, I did get one fender close to being done.

Friday afternoon, after having went to a doctor for my throat, mowing my neighbors yard, putting in a new fan on the truck, and then going to work, I came home and started sanding on my truck. Yes it was a very long day lol. Didnt get a pic of just the sanded fender. But Saturday when I woke up, I made my filler panel for the marker light and got it welded in.

Then ground it down

And then some fiberglass

Then some filler

And this is what it looks like now, note I also took the "Size Matters" off the fenders too, welded up the holes and filled them too.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #41
hawleykt

wow bro, looks great! glad you got that size matters bumper sticker off...now u just need to get the "cowboys butts drive me nuts" off!! hahaha - jk

as far as your throat...maybe you should stop chewin on that grizz for awhile....hope you feel better.
hawleykt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #42
GMC91
Always trouble

I actually asked my doctor if it was caused by the dip, but he said no, that it was something bacterial. Im probally gonna get my tonsils removed.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #43
GruntMoanCough

Was wondering why no new pics last night. See you managed to get something done.
Still got your tonsils? Had mine out when I was about five . Take care.

edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I had a boil removed from my neck (still have the scar) just before my tonsils were removed.

Last edited by GruntMoanCough; 04-26-2010 at 09:14 PM.
GruntMoanCough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #44
wp silverado

cool build i really like all the shaved lights emblem holes and stake pockets, im sure as you get deeper into your carreer of bodywork it will really start to show on your truck
wp silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
GMC91
Always trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntMoanCough View Post
Was wondering why no new pics last night. See you managed to get something done.
Still got your tonsils? Had mine out when I was about five . Take care.

edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I had a boil removed from my neck (still have the scar) just before my tonsils were removed.
Yup, still having problems, seems I cant work around dust or anything with out them flaring up. If thats the case, I will have them removed regardless of what the doctor wants, Im not gonna let my tonsils stop me from doing what I love the rest of my life.

And there WILL be progress this next weekend whether I got to force myself to work or not, it will get done lol.

Last edited by GMC91; 04-26-2010 at 09:42 PM.
GMC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #46
GMC91
Always trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp silverado View Post
cool build i really like all the shaved lights emblem holes and stake pockets, im sure as you get deeper into your carreer of bodywork it will really start to show on your truck
Yeah, Im only 17 right now so I got a lot of learning to do, but right now Im doing the best I can with what I know and got. Its a long process of screwing up and then re-doin lol, but thats what I love about this board, there is always some one here that you can learn from.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #47
GMC91
Always trouble

Well, I started this morning with my friend Grant, an arguement with my ex-girlfriend, and a leaking water pump. It was around 11 AM, first thing was first, go pick up my seat warmer and tool fetcher(AKA Grant). Then it included putting the ex back in her place(Ended up winning that one, cause for once I was right and she was wrong). And I fixed the water pump.

Messing around, me and Grant put this on to kinda get an idea, it was just sitting up there.

Well after that, my buddy Nick called telling me he got his Camero to the house after his wreck. Its totaled to say the least. Anyway, on the way there, me and Grant had a cooling problem. I guess I didnt let it circulate enough, but it was low on water.

Here we are sitting at a church.

We got to Nick's around 3 ish and left around 5 ish. So I got straight back to work.

And here is what the truck looked like at that point in time, around 8 ish.

I got to work, and I worked and worked and worked. While my profesional seat warmer, tool fetcher, and music changer was playing on his lap top linked to my wire-less internet. And here is where I am at tonight, I gave up at around 1 AM cause I need to run the air compressor and its TOO loud at this time of night.

This side is done( driver )

And the other side ( passenger ) almost done, only one more thing to do.

Last edited by GMC91; 11-22-2010 at 07:46 AM.
GMC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #48
GMC91
Always trouble

And some more pics.

Grant my music changer and seat warmer

Me, after I had stopped for the night, about to pass out in that seat.

And a couple more of the truck.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #49
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

Sweet! Bodywork looks good I wish I knew half or what you know. Ever thought of going with some slots?

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #50
GMC91
Always trouble

Well, here are the finished pics for the weekend. As always, there is something that I got to finish up, but this time its small. All I got to do is sand and prime the hood, and then wet sand everything and put the grill and stuff back on. But, here are the pics.

Getting ready to prime, the last wipe down.

And her it is, all primed up. This is the only pic I got of it in the garage still.

And me and Grant cruising around, having fun in the new look.

Us sitting at lowes.

And us sitting at Wal-Mart, battery was dead. Forgot to hook the alternator back up, and drove around only on the battery for about an hour.