The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Gotta love those crazy red heads(lol!)

I never wanted a Dodge because I didn`t want a vehicle that sounded like it was laughing at me trying to start it.Heeheeheeheeheehee is what they always sounded like to me.I did have one Dodge and that`s what it did.I put more distributor caps on that thing than gas in it.It had to have the Blue Streak or tan and they never lasted either.A new black cap and 1st rain,"Heeheeheeheeheehee",get out the Lectramotive,clean the carbon tracks,and go.Still always had to cross my fingers.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #27
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjohn View Post
HE GET OUT THERE IN THE MORNING & CRANK & CRANK & CRANK UNTIL IT FINALLY STARTED, THEN HE WOULD HAVE TO SIT IN & FEATHER THE GAS TO KEEP IT RUNNING TILL IT WAS WARM ENOUGH TO DRIVE. (PICTURE WAKING UP TO THE SOUND OF A DODGE STARTER FROM THAT ERA EVERY MORNING) I FINALLY WENT OVER & TALKED HIM INTO GOING WITH ME TO THE PARTS STORE WITH ME, & I DID A COMPLETE TUNEUP ON IT FOR HIM. PROBLEM SOLVED. IT'S AMAZING, SOUNDS THAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED, THAT BOTHER THE DOGSH!T OUTA OTHER PEOPLE. JOHN
There ya go John. Sometimes guys will let one go like that cause they either don't have the tools or knowledge to tune one up themselves, can't find the time to do it or can't afford to have a shop do it for them. Offering to help him out could make you another friend who may return the favor in some way or another besides the early morning peace when he leaves.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #28
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyjim86 View Post
thanks there 69_longhorn i tried to keep it down for a while but when she came running out to the road and cussed me in front of my kids saying she was gonna call the cops i started giving her a reason to wasnt like i did it every day i work out of state and only home every other weekend so thats not bad

NOW, I would say that she may have POOPED in the nest first, by jumping out at you. My guess is that she may have been on the street first and she thinks that YOU are invading her territory and causing an upset. She is what we call a "Stamp Collector". She is gathering all of her issues and some day she will unload them all on you. Unless you can convince her that you can be the shining hero.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #29
69 longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjohn View Post
ABOUT 30 SUM YEARS AGO I BOUGHT A TRAILOR IN A TRAILOR PARK. (THE HOUSE I WAS RENTING GOT UP TO $90 A MONTH RENT & THAT SEEMED INSANE TO ME) (HAVEN'T PAID A DIME IN RENT SINCE) THERE WAS A GUY A FEW DOORS DOWN THAT WOULD LEAVE FOR WORK ABOUT 20 MINUTES BEFORE I HAD TO GET UP. HE HAD A MID SEVENTIES DODGE PICKUP THAT DIDN'T RUN SO PRETTY GOOD. HE GET OUT THERE IN THE MORNING & CRANK & CRANK & CRANK UNTIL IT FINALLY STARTED, THEN HE WOULD HAVE TO SIT IN & FEATHER THE GAS TO KEEP IT RUNNING TILL IT WAS WARM ENOUGH TO DRIVE. (PICTURE WAKING UP TO THE SOUND OF A DODGE STARTER FROM THAT ERA EVERY MORNING) I FINALLY WENT OVER & TALKED HIM INTO GOING WITH ME TO THE PARTS STORE WITH ME, & I DID A COMPLETE TUNEUP ON IT FOR HIM. PROBLEM SOLVED. IT'S AMAZING, SOUNDS THAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED, THAT BOTHER THE DOGSH!T OUTA OTHER PEOPLE. JOHN
I have to agree,that early in the morn ,or late evening loud(especially out of tune ) cars /trucks would give me a headache also. In the early eve hours, however, I just dont feel that a well tuned truck or bike should be cause for problems. The hobby is relaxing for me, the truck & the Harley are just toys,& are not daily driven. Just an old "gearhead" trying to enjoy what I love crazyAL
Old 05-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #30
tasian

sounds like im in the wrong part of IL crazyAL think i'd fit in better there