The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #26
dan42

Re: Finally got my 598 fired up !!!!

That thing is really nice - too bad your season is so short up there. You have a beautiful Blazer there.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #27
noonzor

i kinda agree.... could sit lower....

but f"ck me does it look good!! haha very nice blaze man, very nice indeed!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=360622

Last edited by noonzor; 07-09-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: sp*
Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #28
djracer

I would talk to some radial guys cause they take some setup work to get right but I love the truck!

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #29
AKoldstyle

Im just gonna say that my rear height is fine for me ! show me another 2wd blazer with 29.5 tall tires and a stock floor that sits lower. Also our roads up here suck and this blazer isnt some lame low rider tucking 22's with air bags lol if you can prove how a lower truck goes faster then maybe, i will think about it
Old 07-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #30
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Please excuse me while I wipe off my monitor.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Old 07-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #31
ripdog28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKoldstyle View Post
Im just gonna say that my rear height is fine for me ! show me another 2wd blazer with 29.5 tall tires and a stock floor that sits lower. Also our roads up here suck and this blazer isnt some lame low rider tucking 22's with air bags lol if you can prove how a lower truck goes faster then maybe, i will think about it
I can see the Road problem, however, When a vehicle sits up high it allows air ti run under it. Which in turn DRAGS off of all the stuff on the under side. When lower, this effect is lowered hence, lowering your ET. Why do you only see dragsters scrapping the ground? Im sure there are some fast cars that sit up but they have to have more power then the same one sitting lower. This is only one benefit, im sure there is a suspension loading one also, may be along the lines of a tall suspension allows for wheel hop or something.
462ci, forged crank, H-beam rods, 10.5-1 KB forged pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 308cc, Straub Cam, Comp Cams chrome moly full rollers, Weiand Team G, Prosystems 950, TH400/3500 Dalenzie stall, Currie 9+ Detroit Locker w/31spline axles.3.5/6in drop. My Build.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #32
AKoldstyle

Wink Re: Finally got my 598 fired up !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdog28 View Post
I can see the Road problem, however, When a vehicle sits up high it allows air ti run under it. Which in turn DRAGS off of all the stuff on the under side. When lower, this effect is lowered hence, lowering your ET. Why do you only see dragsters scrapping the ground? Im sure there are some fast cars that sit up but they have to have more power then the same one sitting lower. This is only one benefit, im sure there is a suspension loading one also, may be along the lines of a tall suspension allows for wheel hop or something.
I think they sit low to the ground because they have no weight and need down force hence the spoiler and the long wheelbase LMAO. Ok man enjoy your truck, chassis flex and bad suspension cause hop and broken pieces. Your truck is yours and if you like it low good for you. I like mine to try and look as stock as it can and still perform. I would never voice my opinion on somebody's page unless they asked for it. I ran 12.2 under lets say 3/4 throttle and lots of tire spin on my first time out and won a trophy at a car show(with a drag vehicle) so how about your ride. Oh yeah the only thing not done by me was the paint. Please go smash your oilpan and headers off of a speedbump
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #33
ripdog28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKoldstyle View Post
I think they sit low to the ground because they have no weight and need down force hence the spoiler and the long wheelbase LMAO. Ok man enjoy your truck, chassis flex and bad suspension cause hop and broken pieces. Your truck is yours and if you like it low good for you. I like mine to try and look as stock as it can and still perform. I would never voice my opinion on somebody's page unless they asked for it. I ran 12.2 under lets say 3/4 throttle and lots of tire spin on my first time out and won a trophy at a car show(with a drag vehicle) so how about your ride. Oh yeah the only thing not done by me was the paint. Please go smash your oilpan and headers off of a speedbump
WOW, a little sensitive? I never smashed on your ride, just said it sits high. but if you think im complaining about your ride, go re read some post i made earlier. Sorry to make you upset and i do like your ride, again, i would love to see where i or anyone else complained about your ride.
462ci, forged crank, H-beam rods, 10.5-1 KB forged pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 308cc, Straub Cam, Comp Cams chrome moly full rollers, Weiand Team G, Prosystems 950, TH400/3500 Dalenzie stall, Currie 9+ Detroit Locker w/31spline axles.3.5/6in drop. My Build.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #34
AKoldstyle

Talking Re: Finally got my 598 fired up !!!!

Yeah you said good god man lower your truck and have made previous comments about this !! Its all good but I am sensitive about this blazer as over the last year and 8 months Ive poured all my money and over 1300hrs into it. Its been my first complete frame off every nut and bolt new build up that I finished, so i guess I dont need opinions if i dont ask. I cant help but to be defensive about my new mechanical toy !! lol i do appreciate the compliments and attention. So thank you all
Old 07-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #35
Alex1

With an attitude like that, I don't think too many people will want to coment on anything you say - last time you asked opinions on your stuff and when you got some, you started getting *****y.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #36
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

guys chill out.. I really don't feel like babysitting tonight

pretty much keep it at this. If you dont like a post report it, if you do not want an opinion, dont post on a public message board.... if you want to fight and carry on like two year olds, log out..
Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #37
AKoldstyle

Smile Re: Finally got my 598 fired up !!!!

im sure its ok to voice your opinion, if you use proper language. So please adminster your services else where. I have no need for peoples thoughts on how my blazer should look and i myself never voice my tastes on other people. thats all i was saying.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #38
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

24 hour vacation to reread the rules. Please change your attitude before posting again.. you asked to administer services elsewhere.. ban php instead of edit php works for me.
Closed Thread