The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
walker_quiram

68 K10 SWB Frame Up

Got this for a graduation present when I got done with high school in 2006. I Started working on it myself and redid the whole passenger side (floor, cab corner, rocker panels, etc) and did a patch on the drivers side floor as well. With my job I didn't have time to work on it so I took it to where it came from, Hill Brothers Auto Body in Whitefish, MT, my hometown. Gene Hill and his crew have been working on it since, and its getting near completion. Wish I could say I did this all myself like some of you guys but I had to cheat. Here it is pretty much up to date. The tires and wheels are coming in on Tuesday. The hood just got put on yesterday but I don't have pics of that yet. The motor is ZZ4 350 turn key crate from Chevrolet. I put in a new transfer case which I got from Car Quest. It has a Vintage Air kit in it. Chrome steering column from LMC and a wood grain wheel from LMC. I am looking for a seat currently out of a wrecked tahoe to put in it. The gas tank is now a fuel cell which will be located in the rear of the frame. I think that's about it. Thanks for looking.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  50.2 KB

Name:  Day 1 to Jan 1, 2007 013.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  58.2 KB