The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: slam it or not?
extreme static drop 32 59.26%
"stock" suspension 22 40.74%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #26
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Re: My Classic Wedding (60-66 style)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protrash64 View Post
I say split the difference somewhat. Do a hotrod/traditional look. Update your suspension and brakes and run your steel wheels minus the hubcaps, you probably get the picture.
yeah, that's why i like the steelies...i can easily run several looks...i can run painted or chrome hubcaps, no hubcaps, moons, etc...so, it'll look mostly original cosmetically with a touch of custom
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #27
protrash64
Resistance is Futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
yeah, that's why i like the steelies...i can easily run several looks...i can run painted or chrome hubcaps, no hubcaps, moons, etc...so, it'll look mostly original cosmetically with a touch of custom
Yep, 'vintage look' as you stated in the opening post. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with as the final plan....
STRENGTH/DETERMINATION/MERCILESS/FOREVER
.......posted via stationary device
protrash64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #28
62 Bowtie

Lower it now and forever hold your peace
62 Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #29
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by protrash64 View Post
Yep, 'vintage look' as you stated in the opening post. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with as the final plan....
this best represents what i'm ultimately thinking...although this one is on bags, i'm aiming toward 5 1/2" & 5" static....and i want mine to be factory 2-tone style though & not red...maybe if life treats me well it can get closer to my goals next year

Old 06-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #30
MikeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrumpipeline View Post
Leave it alone, that truck is far too nice to change anything
X2...would be a crying shame to hack that truck up.
MikeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #31
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
X2...would be a crying shame to hack that truck up.
just curious, but what do you consider hacking? some people view this in different ways...the way i view hacking, this truck won't be even close to hacked....i see hacking as when people start cutting things up, shaving things, crazy metal work, etc...all i plan to do is upgrade the suspension & add P/S & P/B
Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #32
MikeN

Quote:
just curious, but what do you consider hacking?
On a truck as nice as the one in the photo, I wouldn't do anything that required a torch, saw, or welder, but that's just my preference. Upgrading brakes, steering, and possibly the drivetrain sounds cool. Airbags, drop spindles, lowering springs...I dunno. At that point, the truck loses it's cool original flavor, but that's just my opinion.
MikeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #33
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
On a truck as nice as the one in the photo, I wouldn't do anything that required a torch, saw, or welder, but that's just my preference. Upgrading brakes, steering, and possibly the drivetrain sounds cool. Airbags, drop spindles, lowering springs...I dunno. At that point, the truck loses it's cool original flavor, but that's just my opinion.
thanks...only welding for this one will be to replace normal rust areas...it bothers me that someone previously tried to fill the backup lights...but they didn't do a good job since i can clearly see the outline where they were...i'll be changing those back eventually though...i just want a nice, original looking truck with a bit more modern suspension...i don't wanna hesitate to drive this thing anywhere, which i currently don't have the confidence to do
Old 06-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #34
REDNOSE65

Quote:
this best represents what i'm ultimately thinking...although this one is on bags, i'm aiming toward 5 1/2" & 5" static....and i want mine to be factory 2-tone style though & not red...maybe if life treats me well it can get closer to my goals next year

+

both of these trucks are nice!!!

LOS HITTERS C.C
DALLAS, TEXAS

The making of a Red Nose...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=396518
REDNOSE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #35
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNOSE65 View Post
+

both of these trucks are nice!!!
it's the same truck with 2 different looks
Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #36
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Quote:

I think you just gave me some new inspiration...thanks.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #37
REDNOSE65

Quote:
it's the same truck with 2 different looks
Ha!!! Well, hell...I like both looks!!!
LOL

LOS HITTERS C.C
DALLAS, TEXAS

The making of a Red Nose...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=396518

Last edited by REDNOSE65; 06-16-2010 at 05:00 PM.
REDNOSE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #38
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

hey guys...just wanted to update & get another opinion...the wedding is 1 month away (Oct. 23)...the truck is up in North MS getting ready for the rear end swap...i'll be sticking with the original suspension for now, but i plan to order new goodies over the holidays...then i'll get the front suspension swapped....

but my question is whether i should leave the outside mirrors? i don't have time to add stock mirrors since i'd have to drill holes...then that would mess up the paint, & there's not enough time to fix paint....i'm not sure how noticeable the current mirror holes would be if i remove them....i wouldn't want them to be obvious in the wedding pics....then again, i don't really like those big ole mirrors....so, leave the mirrors or remove them? any suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated!

i'll be sure to post wedding pics when we get them done
Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #39
onequickchevy

just remove the mirrors and spot the paint in. This will get you by until later, and won't be noticeable at all if done correctly. Cool truck too, but I would lower it for sure!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:33 AM   #40
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61 son of a Gun View Post
No offense to you purists , But we like to call it Kustomizing , As many choose to change paint color,tires and upholstery, some take it a little further as a extension of their personality or feel they are a artist by creating ,shaving smoothing cutting or updating ect. If you ask many customizers they appreciate the stock vehicle but it is just not for them so they make changes . Most of us don't hack it's a methodic process .
glad u dug this back up...after reading that quote, i realize i should've written it differently...i'm an artistic person, & my old '93 C-1500 was "kustomized" as an extension of my personality...it was shaved, lowered, primered, pinstriped, custom upholstery, etc...and it was not "hacked"...i think hacking definitely relates to cutting things up, but you're correct in saying there's a method...i thinking hacking occurs when there's no certain vision/plan in mind & people cut corners...in addition, the body work is not done "correctly", & things just look hideous when kustomizing goes one step too far...that's when i consider something hacked....but to each his own of course

back on track though, only one week till the wedding! removed the bed rails, but mirrors are staying for now...once we get the wedding pictures done, i will post them here
Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #41
darkhorse970

Just saw this thread Phillip, FWIW I think you are making the right choices for the wedding. In the end the extreme static drop with stock wheels is a great look! You've got me thinking in that direction on my '63. I love the look of the red truck above.

SOLD - 1963 C10 Short Fleet
350/700R4
4/6 drop

1967 GMC Super Custom - Short Fleet
COPO concept w/427 BBC
T-400 w/Doug Nash overdrive
4/6 Drop, Buddy Buckets, etc...
Frame Off (In Progress)
I call it "Vulgar Display of Power"

1980 Silverado
Original paint
49k Original miles
4/6 drop

Check out my build thread here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6209941

Last edited by darkhorse970; 10-17-2010 at 06:58 AM.
darkhorse970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #42
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

UPDATE: My Classic Wedding (60-66 style)

we had a very simple & rustic/vintage wedding theme...everything went great & we had lots of compliments on the uniqueness...it turned out pretty much exactly like we had in mind...since we didn't have time to do an engagement picture session, we opted to wait till Spring to do a day-after session...i plan to do more pics with the truck then as well...just wanted to share...here's a link to some wedding pics at the photographer's website:

http://mwptupelo.com/

truck pics here:

the last two pics were saved with Paint, so the quality isn't as good...but you get an idea

Old 12-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #43
gulffishin

The pics turned out good! Congratulations! Wishing you and your wife good luck!

in the 3rd pic it almost looks like your wife is jealous of your "other woman" haha

Last edited by gulffishin; 12-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.
gulffishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #44
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Very cool, congratulations.

I was thinking the third pic looks like you're explaining to the truck "don't worry, everything is still going to be okay"!

Last edited by markeb01; 12-22-2010 at 02:04 AM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 AM   #45
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Very cool, congratulations.

I was thinking the third pic looks like you're explaining to the truck "don't worry, everything is still going to be okay"!
x2. I was thinking it looks like he's trying to re-assure the truck that things won't change..... Those of us that have been there know better . Great pics & congrats to the trucks new owner (what's hers is hers & what's yours is hers; cause if momma isn't happy, nobody is!)
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 AM   #46
Delmo

Great shots and congrats. Awesome truck, stock or not it will be great.
Delmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:04 AM   #47
PAPA KENT

we have all seen many pictures of a (couple and their wedding car or truck) of course the pictures now being 20-30 years old and it brings smiles to my face evertime that i look at them with the cars and trucks in their original form when we were young.and in the 70's i dropped a few of them and added personal custom touches and it's just such a kick to look back at the past and as time goes by i have been purchasing and favoring the originals.and if time is a deciding factor then get married in it,drive and enjoy it just the way it is untill the time is right and who knows?you might decide that you like it just the way it is or you'll make the modifications that you want but at least you will have your pictures of the truck the way it was when you were married.good luck!
PAPA KENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #48
jbgroby

I saw a cartoon once that had a man polishing his car with the hem of her wedding dress. THAT would have ben a great shot to put with the group. AS A JOKE OF COURSE!

Congrants. Been married going on 28 years Good and bad years - 3 kids, 3 grans kids, its all what you make it.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #49
Hollywood64

Congrats on your wedding! Now that the pics are done, I think you should keep that truck the way it is and get another one to "kustomize"!!!!!!!!!!!
Hollywood64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #50
oem4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
x2. I was thinking it looks like he's trying to re-assure the truck that things won't change..... Those of us that have been there know better . Great pics & congrats to the trucks new owner (what's hers is hers & what's yours is hers; cause if momma isn't happy, nobody is!)
Funny stuff. Nice wed pics too. IMO, at this point your truck looks great as is, but it's just a truck, and not a real survivor. Make yourself happy and do whatever you like to it. Time will tell you if you made a mistake.
Allow me to put it another way for a different perspective: As a finish carpenter/cabinetmaker with a keen interest in architecture, I see an awful lot of houses that have been altered over time to suit the changing trends in home design and decor. I see everything from nice subtle improvements to sadly ridiculous remodels. In most cases, the original architectural integrity of the house is ruined, but at the time, nobody cared. Now they look stupid. Shamefully dumb ideas that somebody thought was great at one time. OOF!
Every so often, I see an older house that is intact, untouched and complete, and WOW, I am refreshed. Cars and trucks aren't much different. Originality never gets old. It may not have the flash of whatever is hot at the time, but it will never look dumb and dated. Just my humble take.

Last edited by oem4me; 12-22-2010 at 04:09 PM.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote