The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
ChaseDale3and8

1981 Z28 Camaro Project

This is my 1981 Z28 Camaro. I bought this car a little over a year ago since my 86 K10 project seemed to be stallin, and everyone that has GM trucks around here are doing 67-72s, and don't really care about much of anything else. I wanted to do something different, so I just quit on the truck for now, and started looking for a car to do when i found this one on the Springfield Craigslist.

I bought the body for $1400 which isn't bad since it's solid and rust free, and replacement sheetmetal alone for one of these could end up costing more than what i paid for this body. I had just started building a 383 that was going to be put in the K10, but now it's slated to go in this car. I am backing the 383 up with a fully built TH400. I just got it back from the rebuilder yesterday. I have just started the bodywork. Have a long way to go, but hope to one day have something different. You just don't see many of these cars anymore, not around here anyway. Engine specs are as follows if anyone wants to know what I've got in it:

350- 3970010 4 bolt main block bored .030
RPM International 3.75 stroke crank
Pro Comp 5140 forged steel rods
King engine bearings
Keith Black 2VR Flat top hypereuectic pistons
Melling oil pump
Comp Cams Mutha Thumpr Cam and valve train
Dart Iron Eagle heads with 72cc combustion chambers S.S valves, and Comp valve springs to match the cam
Edelbrock Performer E.P.S. intake manifold
Summit Racing 750 c.f.m. carb