The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #26
QKENUF4U

Re: An amazing weekend

NICE MAN but ya left out a nice close up of the hotty that was workin your truck....
QKENUF4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #27
colin_havens

Thanks everyone, that means alot to me. I hope this modivates others when they get to a rough patch, cause I know I did a few times and wanted to just throw in the towel. Sometimes you just need to walk away, do some reading on the board, and then get back in the garage after a couple days break. You never know just how much you can do until you break it down into small bites, and before you know it you have built a complete truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QKENUF4U View Post
NICE MAN but ya left out a nice close up of the hotty that was workin your truck....
To be honest, I was too busy filling out a tech sheet to take those pictures. One of my buddies was taking them with my camera, and I think he was standing there with his jaw open more than he was snapping pictures. In his defense, I did tell him I wanted pictures of the shoot, but to stay out of the photographers way. I talked to them after the shoot, and I will get a copy of the pictures here in a few weeks. I will be happy to share them with you guys
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #28
kvn1011
Kvn1011

Thumbs up Re: An amazing weekend

i'll tell you this, we drove 9 hours from illinois, to get to this show!!! and it really made my day to see your truck in person!! that and all the other c10's there! but you really do deserve it!! it was my first time going to the RA event and i must say it was nice and we had a blast!!
here is my pic of your truck!!
kvn1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #29
VA72C10
VA72C10

Congrats...just found this post....very cool story. Did you ever get all the pictures of the photoshoot? Or see it on one of the online mags?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #30
colin_havens

I havent got any of the pictures yet. And I REALLY want them lol. They told me it would be around December or Janurary before I saw them on the online mag, and who knows when Street Trucks will run the feature. Jason told me 3 or 4 months, but then again it will all depend on what all they decide to run in any particular issue of the mag. My truck may just not fit in with that particular issue. Im trying to not think about it, because I the waiting is just killing me lol. I guess its like anything, you just need a little patience.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #31
Kid

Congratulations on your well deserved accolades. That’s a beautiful truck! was there a model in the pictures?
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #32
67cheby
67cheby

WOW the only things i could think of that would top that weekend..... i cant mention on this board , but it would include all of the things that happened to you plus a few additions !!! WOW again, i cant believe i am this close to you and havent seen this truck yet for myself, we need to meet up some time so i can drool !!
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #33
xs-style

Just noticed this thread. Congrats on getting some ink. Its always good when your hard work gets noticed. I just noticed somethin though. I believe Ive seen your buddies red stepsides in another mag as a readers rides kinda thing. Am I right on that one or is it just a very similar truck?
1981 k20 4x4 - 5.3 swap in progress

Events attended:
Spring GOG 2011
Dale JR car show Summer 2012
Gathering at Tommys pickup parts
xs-style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #34
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

I just read your whole story. What a great weekend. Congrats, and next time, can you include a picture of the truck, I didn't see a truck in any of the pictures.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #35
67cheby
67cheby

Hey.... and when are you going to post us some good pics of....Motor, interior, inside of the bed ???? everyone else is going to get to see it before your old buddies here on the board???
Old 10-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #36
colin_havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
Hey.... and when are you going to post us some good pics of....Motor, interior, inside of the bed ???? everyone else is going to get to see it before your old buddies here on the board???
I guess I need to do that dont I? lol The funny thing is, I took my good Nikkon DSLR camera to take some shots of my truck, a personal feature shoot for myself I guess you would call it. There is a prety cool barn on the show grounds I was going to take some pictures of my truck in front of. But once I got asked to actually be featured, that plan quickly went to the back burner. I have a ton of pics from the build, but none of it really in its current form that are truely good. If I can get some time one of these weekends where I can get out, I will take some and share with the board.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #37
colin_havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs-style View Post
Just noticed this thread. Congrats on getting some ink. Its always good when your hard work gets noticed. I just noticed somethin though. I believe Ive seen your buddies red stepsides in another mag as a readers rides kinda thing. Am I right on that one or is it just a very similar truck?
Yeah, that is the same truck. Kurt has absolutely the cleanest stepside I have ever seen in that body style. Other than the shaved tailgate and the cowl hood, everything else is the factory faint that has been cut and buffed. Its static dropped, with a perfect stance over the smoothies and diamondback whitewalls. Complete colorchange on the interior to white with a custom reshaped bench seat covered in white leather tuck and roll. He made a few more changes this show season, and apparently it was just enough to finally catch Jason's eye while he was there. Its not often you see a static dropped truck in any magazine anymore, and his is well deserved.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #38
67cheby
67cheby

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_havens View Post
I guess I need to do that dont I? lol The funny thing is, I took my good Nikkon DSLR camera to take some shots of my truck, a personal feature shoot for myself I guess you would call it. There is a prety cool barn on the show grounds I was going to take some pictures of my truck in front of. But once I got asked to actually be featured, that plan quickly went to the back burner. I have a ton of pics from the build, but none of it really in its current form that are truely good. If I can get some time one of these weekends where I can get out, I will take some and share with the board.
EXCUSES>>>EXCUSES...do any of the pics on this board look like they were shot with a " NIKKON DSLR" ......we dont care, just show us the bad pics,were not really judgemental about the pics !!LOL
Old 10-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #39
colin_havens

Quote:
EXCUSES>>>EXCUSES...do any of the pics on this board look like they were shot with a " NIKKON DSLR" ......we dont care, just show us the bad pics,were not really judgemental about the pics !!LOL
I guess you got me there. It funny, I have a camera I call my "shop camera" whis is an older cannon point and shoot, and thats what I took all of the buildup pics with. The other camera just takes much better pictures than that one, so I wanted to use it for soem good shots.

The only reason i havent been able to take any is I am usually keeping my son on the weekends, while my wife is at work. He ties up most of my free time, although I dont consider that a bad thing. Hopefully I can get it out this weekend though and take some.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #40
kvn1011
Kvn1011

We were sitting by the barn that would make for a cool picture!
, my friend showed his Colorado for the first time, if was gold, bagged and bodied, he actually got a shoot also and a top 50, it was pretty cool
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_havens View Post

Last edited by kvn1011; 10-29-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added quote
kvn1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #41
67cheby
67cheby

Well im glad i finally got through to you....... for example the lack of quality your pics have to be let me show you one i posted recently...and noone griped at all about the quality
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #42
colin_havens

Quote:
Well im glad i finally got through to you....... for example the lack of quality your pics have to be let me show you one i posted recently...and noone griped at all about the quality
Ok, I finally got some pics in. Actually what I got was a CD from the photoshoot with Crusin The Streets mag, with almost 200 photos on it lol. I dont think they have been cleaned up yet, but hey, they are pics. I dont think they will mind if I post a few of them.... the feature will come out Jan or Feb. For all of you with dialup, I apologise now. Now on to the pics!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 AM   #43
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Very nice pictures man, the pickup looks amazing! Congrats again.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #44
silverspeed04

Stories and an outcome like that is what keeps us all motivated. Way to go. I hope I am back in TN when that truck crosses the state line again. I will def come check it out in person! It looks amazing.

Project Grinder: 1972 Chevy C10 Longbed
Mistress Jade: 2005 4WD Silverado 2500 Ex Cab 6.0
Miss Daisy: 2006 Kawasaki ZX6, full Akrapovic Race Pipe, PCIII, Ignition Control, Ivans block off plates, Motion Pro Throttle kit
Seduction: 2013 Harley Street Glide
silverspeed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #45
swamp rat

I gotta get outta this thread while i'm at work!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:31 AM   #46
chevy88

Quote "The entire time my wife said I was crazy, since I was leaving in the morning for about a 250 mile drive,"

LOL, Did your wife finally realize what it was all about?

My build thread.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=3657823
1971 Chev SWB with 68 nose, 6.2 diesel th350, and 3.73 rear gears
1988 Chev Extendacab
2010 Honda VT1300CS Sabre
2005 Buick Rendezvous wife's ride

Last edited by chevy88; 11-11-2010 at 04:33 AM.
chevy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #47
67cheby
67cheby

Well the first pic alone made up for my having to wait on you to get some pics.llloookkksss great !!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #48
colin_havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy88 View Post
Quote "The entire time my wife said I was crazy, since I was leaving in the morning for about a 250 mile drive,"

LOL, Did your wife finally realize what it was all about?
Yeah, she finally gets it lol. The pictures came in the mail yesterday, and she was just as excited to see them as I was.

A funny thing happened a couple of week ago though, which still cracks me up. I was reading on some forum, and a pic of the new Street Trucks cover was on the screen. You know, the one with the blue C-10 with the Intro Vista wheels. She glanced at the screen as she was walking by, and stopped dead in her tracks. She got all excited and said "Is that your truck!?!" Once I turned the screen around, she realised it wasnt mine, but for a second she thought it had made the cover. lol Maybe one day, I will get it there.

The funny thing is, she is excited for me now, but yet for some reason she hasnt loosened her grip on our bank account for new paint and rims... guess you cant get everything you want ALL the time. Haha.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #49
colin_havens

Well, one of the articles finally came out, and with a little surprise as well. I wasnt expecting this when we did the shoot, but found out they had other plans for it after they pushed back the issue it was supposed to be in. But as Scott from Crusin the Streets told me, the wait would be worth it. You can check out the whole issue HERE I have to say, Im pretty excited about this. Scott is sending me a CD with a digital copy of the issue on it, and you can bet those pictures will get printed and framed lol. Wonder if the wife will let me hang it in the living room? HAHAHA At least it will make some cool garage art for the wall.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #50
67cheby
67cheby

A cover... I have been dreaming my whole life of a cover....you the man