The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #26
chevyman95

Re: Could this be my suburban??

maybe call this guy?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/pts/2079942949.html
chevyman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #27
CVA59

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman95 View Post
I know these guys, They only have one Sub. and it is a 65 Chevy as i recall.

www.23t.weebly.com

Last edited by CVA59; 12-01-2010 at 11:46 AM.
CVA59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #28
1LOW4X4
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVA59 View Post
1Low4x4......... I have been monitoring this post of yours and i am still hoping you will find it. I DO understand totally how you feel. I felt the exact same way you do when i came to the conclusion that my Grandad's 61 had been crushed. However, I wouldn't be too hasty in calling this Deputy a liar just yet. There is a chance that he could be telling you the truth even with the coincidences. There are many variables that you have to factor in when trying to locate old vehicles. Sometimes they are sold as scrap, given away, get told by some people that THOUGHT this guy or that guy owned but can't remember. It is very hard to go by what people say sometimes because like most of us we forget things. When i was searching for my Grandad's 61 i was told 3-4 different stories by 3-4 different people and they were all similiar in nature. However, when i finally found the correct person, he clarified all those misleading stories and confirmed to me the fate of Grandad's 61.

Here is what i would do as some others in here have said, you REALLY need to find the original VIN number and or license plate number. Go down to the Harris County Courthouse (DMV) and ask them to run the info you have thru their system. If that proves no results, then ask to look thru their archives and track it back that way. Having been a Deputy Sheriff myself, i have found several vehicles by this tried and true method and i know for a fact that it will work if you can get the right clerk at your Courthouse who is willing to go that extra step to help you. Explain your story in brief to the clerk first and then hopefully that will help encourage him/her to work with you.

This is an EXTREME longshot. Do you know the orginal GM dealer where the truck was bought new? If they are still in business you MIGHT be able to check their archives and locate a VIN number. Here in the town i live in we still have the original GM dealer that has been here since the early 60's and is still going strong. Keep in mind that this would probably be a slim to none chance but it would only cost you some time to stop by and talk to them about it.

The next thing i would do (and have done) is start riding the county roads in the last known area of the truck. If you see a house or garage with some old junk cars around it, stop and talk to the people, leave them your name and info. Start combing every junk yard, scrap yard and recycling facility you can find. Check with anyone in your area who restores old cars, see if they may have any info on it.

One other option is take that photo you posted here, make some real nice (catchy colors) wanted flyers. Put them inside every auto parts store in your area. Anyone who messes with these old trucks will stop in to their local parts store at some point to get something for it. Post them there, resturants, Lowes, Home Depot and anywhere else you can think of. Sooner or later someone will recognize it if is still in the area.

I would also stop by the Harris County Appraisal office. Give them the address of that house the Deputy lives in. Have them get you the names of every person who lived there. Follow up on the names and see what that unfolds.

Remember this above and beyond everything, you have to have PERSISTANCE!!! Don't give up based on what one guys says, especially if it doesn't sound right to you. Keep digging, the truck is probably still around and more than likely sitting in someone's backyard or barn. I restore antique gas pumps on the side. Sometimes i will spend a whole day just tracking down some old pumps that someone said someone has, he says he sold them to the guy down the road and so on and so on and so on. If you REALLY want to find this truck stay persistant and keep looking. Even if you never find it at least you will know you did all you could do.

BTW......If you will remember, Forrest Gump came out a millionaire, LOL.

Good Luck!!!
Good post, I appreciate it man.

I think I will try some of that out....and once when dad had the truck, I think he owed the IRS some money (paid back now) but he put the truck in his sisters name, and she keeps EVERYTHING. So even though it was years ago I think she might have some info on it......
1LOW4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #29
CVA59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4 View Post
Good post, I appreciate it man.

I think I will try some of that out....and once when dad had the truck, I think he owed the IRS some money (paid back now) but he put the truck in his sisters name, and she keeps EVERYTHING. So even though it was years ago I think she might have some info on it......
NP, i would like to see you get it back. Your Aunt very well might have something on it and that would definitely get you started on the right road to finding it. I wish i was closer i would help you look for it. Keep us updated.

www.23t.weebly.com

Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #30
Real_McCoy

This is like looking for that "Separated-at-birth" twin except better, it's a truck! Brings tears to my eyes!!!
Real_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #31
SuperWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman95 View Post
Quote:
I know these guys, They only have one Sub. and it is a 65 Chevy as i recall.
Those guys put up ads all day long on craigslist, but I have emailed about 8 times and called several and have yet to receive any kind of response. I saw them at Pate and asked about it, and they said to give them a call, I did that and no answer.
SuperWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #32
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

did you look at the one I posted in Weatherford? I go there every w/e so if your interested, I could try to go look. It is a 62

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/2078001352.html

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!

Last edited by Clyde65; 12-01-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #33
CVA59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho View Post
Those guys put up ads all day long on craigslist, but I have emailed about 8 times and called several and have yet to receive any kind of response. I saw them at Pate and asked about it, and they said to give them a call, I did that and no answer.
These guys are twin brothers who own a full time HVAC business. The truck thing is only a sideline hobby for them. Keep trying and i am sure they will get back to you. I may be just lucky but everytime i call someone answers.

www.23t.weebly.com

Old 12-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #34
SCOTI

Quote:
These guys are twin brothers who own a full time HVAC business. The truck thing is only a sideline hobby for them. Keep trying and i am sure they will get back to you. I may be just lucky but everytime i call someone answers.
I called/talked to them multiple times. Purchased my big-window swap parts & arranged for them to carry the stuff out to Pate vs. driving to their place. Nice guys....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #35
66redw/white
made in america

i hope this ends up workin out for you. i carry around my old insurance card from high school because it has my old trucks vin number. one of these days when i get back to texas im going to go find it and try to get it back. it was my first truck bought it my senior year of high school. i hot rodded it around everywhere. when the motor went i ended up gettin a saturn. and when i did i let the truck go for 500 bucks. the things you do when your a teenager.

1964 c10-283 powerpack, 3 on the tree

2004 corvette- lowered, borla, tuned. slow

my old girl
1966 c10- 305v8, t-5 sold
66redw/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #36
66redw/white
made in america

heres some good times in my old truck. thought it might be good for encouragement.

1964 c10-283 powerpack, 3 on the tree

2004 corvette- lowered, borla, tuned. slow

my old girl
1966 c10- 305v8, t-5 sold
66redw/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #37
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Hey 1Low, Anything going on? Any updates?
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #38
1LOW4X4
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer1979 View Post
Hey 1Low, Anything going on? Any updates?
Nope, gave it up for now
Posted via Mobile Device
1LOW4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #39
TwoFiftyShifter

Forget about it dude. You'll find a better one in time...