The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #26
SCOTI

Re: reg cab shortbox dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCncsuHD View Post
You can run the newer style 17s without the covers, and use whatever cap you wanted, you would need the McGard conversion double threaded lugs to adapt the newer thread on caps. As far as trim rings, not sure where to get 17" trim rings, possibly the lower trim level 2011+ 3500HDs may use trim rings? In 2011 even the base models get the 17" wheels because the brakes were upgraded and 16" no longer will fit over the brakes. Also maybe Ford or Dodge may have had trim rings on certain 17" dually wheels as they went to 17" wheels recently as well.
They make a 17" trim ring for the street rod crowd.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #27
LOW1TON

I have a 2000 gmc that I put 17" aluminum wheels on the outside and I wanted an 17" steel wheel for the inside so I contacted Trevor over at Tenneesee Wheel and Tire and he got me 2 new 2010 GM steel wheels the bolt pattern matched up and he machined out the center bore and made me hubcentric rings to fit my rear hubs. The whole thing worked out great but was not cheap but I think I am one of the few 88-98 body style duallys running 17s, here are some pictures.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #28
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW1TON View Post
I have a 2000 gmc that I put 17" aluminum wheels on the outside and I wanted an 17" steel wheel for the inside so I contacted Trevor over at Tenneesee Wheel and Tire and he got me 2 new 2010 GM steel wheels the bolt pattern matched up and he machined out the center bore and made me hubcentric rings to fit my rear hubs. The whole thing worked out great but was not cheap but I think I am one of the few 88-98 body style duallys running 17s, here are some pictures.
Those are 17's? The look like a larger diameter. I figured that machining the center bore out larger & using hub centric adapters would be the method I'd use if I went that route.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-09-2011 at 09:35 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #29
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW1TON View Post
I've said it before, but it looks amazing.

That's what my plan was with my Dodge wheels since they had the much larger center bores, but I still think it would be cheaper/easier to just add material by welding to the GM 17s then machine it back out round.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote