The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2011, 12:38 AM   #26
oem4me

Re: Diversification is good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
sorry man, I looked at the photos that I took and did not take any of the tank cover specifically
Bummer! From the looks of the little piece that shows in your floor picture, it appears to have been one of the best preserved that I've seen. Thanks for trying.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #27
oem4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
Here is the gas tank cover in my 66. Best pic I could get right now but it's all there and original.
Thanks for the photo!
It's hard to tell exactly how they were originally fit into place because most all have suffered the effects of gravity over forty five years. What appears now as a soft rolled corner, may just be sagging cardboard.?? Were they crisply formed with straight hard corners, or just loosely bent to tuck into the sides of the cab? Can you tell?
The reproductions are lacking creases and give no directions or even suggestions on how to install them properly.
Attached Images

oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 AM   #28
Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
I sold it! Although I loved driving the truck, I was able to double my money. It was pretty hard to say no. The funds will definately help get my shortbox on the road sooner
you doubled your money and the next guy still got a killer deal..nice!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 AM   #29
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Thanks for the photo!
It's hard to tell exactly how they were originally fit into place because most all have suffered the effects of gravity over forty five years. What appears now as a soft rolled corner, may just be sagging cardboard.?? Were they crisply formed with straight hard corners, or just loosely bent to tuck into the sides of the cab? Can you tell?
The reproductions are lacking creases and give no directions or even suggestions on how to install them properly.
After reading your post I went out to the garage and took a better look. The passenger has sagged some and the end that is tucked into the side of the cab looks liike it was originally straight. I got a better look and some pics of the driver side and it's in much better original shape. on the top there is a rolled corner and then goes straight back to the cab and the tabs slip under the slots provided. The driver side is different than the passenger side in that it does curve and then tucks behind the door jam at the side. I took a couple of more pics of the driver side. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #30
ChevySixty6

Is that a new floor mat you put in, or is it just cleaned up? If it's new,
what vendor did you use. It looks good. I remember seeing a thread a few weeks/months ago about which floor mat was the best to use, and if i remember right, nobody found one they liked.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #31
YBNORML

That was the original mat. I washed it with all purpose cleaner, used sheathing grade tuck tape on the back to hold together a few rips. There was only two of them. Then I liberally coated it with meguiars vinyl cleaner. It turned out wicked.
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote