The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #26
BMERDOC

Re: Burned out and Tired (a personal rant)

Change direction...take him up on it!
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #27
MudBug

I understand how you feel. I've been racing a couple nights each weekend for the last 17 years or so. This year thanks to work I haven't been near a track. I went buy friends junkyard a couple weeks ago and they just got done scaling anothers friends streetstock. All the feelings are still there but the desire is lacking.I'll help him with fuel and tires but i really think i'll go watch them race.
MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #28
cparman
sharp as a marble

I feel your pain brother! I own an auto repair shop, and in 1998, I bought a 67 Chevelle. I told myself not to get carried away?? well a frame off restration, and 50k later I sold it. During that time I started working on other peoples old cars and trucks. I MADE MY HOBBY MY JOB! Currently, I own a 1972 2WD Blazer, and cannot find time or money to work on it! when I sold the Chevelle, I told my wife, I was done with old cars! I bought a 69 SWB, and ---_ well you know, bought the Blazer, and now I am trying to finish about a half a dozen customers cars, and not do this kind of thing for anyone but me. I just finished replacing the dash pad, and making the A/C work on a 70 Camaro. Thru the process, I kept telling myself " no more unless my name is on the title" Next week I start an A/C install in a 67 Chevelle, when done with that I have a 66 Ranchero to do a 6cyl to v8 swap. Just want to come home on friday in float in the pool.

I am damn proud of the Camaro, Found the 67 Chevelle for my customer, Found a 65 Tbird for another ( drove the bird 60 miles today ) Love old American cars. Guess I am like a crack addict. One is not enough, and 30 is too many.

I guess I am an old fart that believes that he lives in the greatest country in the world, and should try and help preserve an American art form:

AMERICAN CARS!!
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #29
67Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
Change direction...take him up on it!
Not a bad Idea....

67 GMC Shortbed 454 Project
more junk and most of it
is for sale
67Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #30
BMERDOC

Never know...you guys might have a coupla things to teach each other and breath new life into your situation.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #31
sean1969c10

I have suffered with lack of motivation. I took tomorrow off and I am going to drop a 267 and a 200r4 in my 69. My truck ran a week before I got it, that was too many years ago. I wanted to get the body straight before getting it running, fast forward to now and I think just getting it to move on it's own will really help me get my head back in the project.

"If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"

1960 Chevy Impala Sedan - my 25 year search is over!!
1969 C-10 longbed - Nice day DD
1970 Chevy Nova - Street and Strip Project
2002 Acura MDX my DD
2007 Honda Odssey - My Wife's "Mommy Van"
sean1969c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #32
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

[QUOTE=
I have formulated some rules to avoid getting in this rut. With my new truck I have decieded that I will get it on the road ASAP.

OH MAN!... Why the heck didn't I think of that?
[size=1]Posted via Mobile Device[/size]
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #33
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
Now, as great as they are and outsiders have taken liberty with the trend I say GOD BLESS THE RAT RODS!! Hear me out, Rat Rods- So your tellin me you took a crap car, made the brakes to stop correctly, made the wiring harness bullet proof, made the steering rock solid, got some cool wheels and tires, dropped it and then put license plates on it and just cruised? F'n BRILLIANT!! Don't get me wrong I don't plan to put a six foot shifter with a skull shift knob in my truck and paint the rims red and call it a day. But Rat Rods have given us a gift. You don't need a $10,000 paint job and all the top name stuff to be bonafide. You just need to know what you like and build it. As long as you hit the key and it purrs like a kitten, pull on a switch and what you expected to turn on does and your not gonna kill anyone because your ride is unsafe then rock that thing! VW guys, especially abroad, have been doin it longer than Rods Rods. It gave me hope to know that I could finally enjoy something cool. Now I have a 67 fleet s/b in my driveway and I'm hanging out with you fine people and I am on top of the world right now. I can't wait to get on my sunglasses and flip flops, hang my arm out the window and roll!!
i agree, i built my 75 nova into a semi show car nice paint etc. i got sooo burn out on car shows. Some of the people haveing there trailer queens have to use a rag, to drive it into the parking spot and some just thinking there stuff is better than yours or criticizing little stuff about the car. I also worried about something happening to it. I was gonna built my 71 into a show truck but this happened and i thank God it did. I now want just some reliable nice cruisers i go to the cruise in's and parades now and just spectate at shows mostly. I found my self wanting more of a "hot rod", "rat rod" more than a nice painted car now.

My painter told me while he worked on my nova that "if i ever quit having fun at this (body work) i'm stopping right then.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote