The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #26
stich626
Account Suspended

Re: G'day from Down Under

well, hello from the east coast of the U S of A
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #27
Ray Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn View Post
Thanks Ray,

How many of you guys turn up to these GTGs? I'm guessing that there's a restaurant there for coffee and pancakes, etc. And do you vary the venue at all?

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
Coffee and Breakfast Avail , numbers vary during the cooler months around a dozen or so , then from Oct we go to Fri nite during daylight saving and get good numbers , Nah we stick to the one spot it's more the fun cruising there and back , any excuse to get on the road ...also it's not just trucks we get a good x section of rod and customs as well... Ray
Ray Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #28
TONY2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rust View Post
John and Tony I'll send you a message when the next one's on ... it's in Beaconfield on the old HWY in the Hub carpark ,, john good luck with the Op ..

Ray
Cheers drop me a line when its due !
Dont think ill make the next one in the truck as mine needs some work for RWC and im struggling !
Looking for some proffessional help on mine !
Ive done lots of small bits but have a steering column issue to sort and some other stuff !
TONY2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #29
Ray Rust

Cool Re: G'day from Down Under

mate this forum has most of the answers to most of the problems , if you ask the questions , you can guarantee you'll get some how to advice from other members ... Ray
Old 07-30-2011, 04:15 AM   #30
TONY2000

Took some time to try and clear up the wiring mess and see why the column was a little sloppy only to find out its mounted pretty poor and is not original, Fabrication required !
Old 07-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #31
RCbowtie69

Hey from N.C. & welcome to the forum,hope to see pictures of your project.Keep on Truckin'
Old 07-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #32
Krooked Kustoms

G'day Ray Rust and Tony2000 kickin it in oz myself, im from langwarrin. Keen to see your trucks. You guys keen for one more bloke at the meet? My trucks in bits so I'll have to bring the old Holden. Cheers fellas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Krooked Kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:38 AM   #33
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcity View Post
Welcome and like Truckster says, pics are always welcome. I used to own a 67 Chevy Stepside and one of the mods I used (and others have done before) is to use a pair of 64 Chevy Impala tailights, they mold into the rear fenders well and provide a good look that is still Chevy. Two on each side, as one set has the white reverse lens. A helpful link below:

http://www.lategreatchevy.com/chevy-...lete-1964.html

I will try to locate some pics for you and post them up. BTW, I'm 5 minutes from Frisco, my stomping grounds.
I was thinking this mod and saw your comment. I second the emotion.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #34
TONY2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATYAS 69 View Post
G'day Ray Rust and Tony2000 kickin it in oz myself, im from langwarrin. Keen to see your trucks. You guys keen for one more bloke at the meet? My trucks in bits so I'll have to bring the old Holden. Cheers fellas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi
your pretty close to me ! Im on Olivers Hill Frankston South, Be good to catch up some time when i get mine back together Cruise up together.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #35
aussiejohn

Hi guys,

The hernia op went well, from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday 19th. They kept me in hospital until five p.m. and my son picked me up and drove me home. It's really difficult to get in and out of bed and onto and off the couch, but it's a lot easier today (Sunday) than it was yesterday.

I'm thinking of the Aussies meeting at Beaconsfield today but I'll be there next month. Doubly frustrating is that my new toy arrived last Thursday. I bought it in June this year in Washington state and drove it down to 'Frisco to the shipper. The ship was due in Melbourne on August 8 but did not arrive until last weekend (12th/13th) and only cleared Customs on Thursday.

I got to drive it home from Clayton and park it in the garage and the following day, I had my op. Obviously, I am not allowed to drive anything for about a week until I heal sufficiently enough to be able to stomp on a brake pedal without any pain.

So all I can do is look at it and maybe give it a wash. Will post some photos when I know how.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
aussiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #36
Ray Rust

Red face Re: G'day from Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn View Post
Hi guys,

The hernia op went well, from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday 19th. They kept me in hospital until five p.m. and my son picked me up and drove me home. It's really difficult to get in and out of bed and onto and off the couch, but it's a lot easier today (Sunday) than it was yesterday.

I'm thinking of the Aussies meeting at Beaconsfield today but I'll be there next month. Doubly frustrating is that my new toy arrived last Thursday. I bought it in June this year in Washington state and drove it down to 'Frisco to the shipper. The ship was due in Melbourne on August 8 but did not arrive until last weekend (12th/13th) and only cleared Customs on Thursday.

I got to drive it home from Clayton and park it in the garage and the following day, I had my op. Obviously, I am not allowed to drive anything for about a week until I heal sufficiently enough to be able to stomp on a brake pedal without any pain.

So all I can do is look at it and maybe give it a wash. Will post some photos when I know how.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
Glad all went well , just got home from cruise great morning good turnup ,once again I think the trucks out numbered rod's and customs , I'll post some Pics later ... speak to ya soon... Ray
Old 08-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #37
jeffg1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
well, hello from the east coast of the U S of A
You are in Hingham, MA? That's crazy... for eight years, I have been working with a company in the Industrial Park on Derby St., BUT, I live in NC. I am up that way a lot though. I typically stay in Rockland when I am in town.

I always complain when I am up there that there isn't enough old cars running around. Good to see you are the exception.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...

Last edited by jeffg1010; 08-20-2011 at 10:58 PM.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #38
jeffg1010

AND... welcome to our Aussie truck enthusiasts. Great to see you on the forum. It is a great resource!
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #39
aussiejohn

G'day again,

My apologies for not attending in September, but I have a good excuse. Our car club got a call from the V8 Supercar people early September to provide as many convertibles and T-top Vettes as possible and bring them to Phillip Island for the round of the Touring Car Championship. They needed them to "chauffeur" the Holden drivers around the circuit for a parade lap.

I got Mike Caruso and Marcus Marshall who somehow both fitted into the '74 Vette coupe once the Targa tops and passenger seat were removed. We had an interesting day on the island, but I drove home before it got dark.

So, the next GTG is not October 16, but the Friday night October 14? Is that right? Please let me know and I'll try to make that one.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
aussiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote