The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #26
69heavychevy

Re: First Ticket in the 70...

Good for you...you never know what can happen and its a good learning experience. I remember the first ticket I got was for having windshield washer nozzles with a red light on them on my 240sx(violated emergency vehicle lighting laws). The fine was almost $300!!! Went to court and all they way to trial. Of course I lost, but during the trial I learned...you can have lighted nozzles as long as they're not red, you can have any other color including blue as long as its stationary, how trial proceedings take place, but most importantly my fine was only $110 including court cost! Court cost were $99 alone and the judge said that with a guilty verdict by law he had to asses a minimum fine of $10. Funny thing is the city prosecutor wasnt too happy about the outcome, but afterwards the assistant DA came over to my table and congratulated me on a well presented case...anyways!! moral of the story is if you are going to fight it do your research. Like the DA told me, judges absolutely hate litigants who are unprepared...one important thing to consider is the fact that many cities are cash strapped these days and might not be so lenient as before and might try to stick it to you...either way good luck and let us know the outcome and next time speed responsibly like everyone else
Old 08-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #27
Sillyoldman

Fight the ticket and keep speeding!

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #28
ll____b0t____ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwotr View Post
And you've just proved my whole point.
You Sped.
You broke the law.
You were cited.
You don't deny you were speeding......
but your still looking for "Technicalities" to get out of your own mess,
that NO ONE got you into, except yourself.

Your not "owning it", and you STILL don't get the point!
If you WERE "owning it", you'd pay the Ticket/Fine and tuck it under your Belt as a "Life Experience" and LEARN FROM IT!

I can only hope the Officer shows up, the Judge doesnt let you off,
and you waste your Time/Money

Thats a litle bit excesive there dont you think?
I understand your wife is in law inforcemeant and even understand you dont agree with the young man but your calling down evil on him .

How would you like it if because some people dont like law inforcemeant they started telling you they hope your wife gets shot on duty and the bullet missed the vest knicked an artery and shell always have a wierd look on her face from a neralogical disorder left behind from treatmeant?

Just because you dont agree with the young man 19 years old thats still a child, doesnt mean you should wish him ill or that life teaches him your idea of a lesson.

Not only that but he was going mildly over the speed limit and no one else was involved so it was a victomless crime.
Oh wait there was a victom , him , he was the victom of entrappmeant by law inforcemeant who dont even abide by the same laws they enforce.

Im going to leave it there before I say something Ill really regret but why not keep your wishes of bad things to your own family and stop calling down evil on others.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #29
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll____b0t____ll View Post
Thats a litle bit excesive there dont you think?
I understand your wife is in law inforcemeant and even understand you dont agree with the young man but your calling down evil on him .

How would you like it if because some people dont like law inforcemeant they started telling you they hope your wife gets shot on duty and the bullet missed the vest knicked an artery and shell always have a wierd look on her face from a neralogical disorder left behind from treatmeant?

Just because you dont agree with the young man 19 years old thats still a child, doesnt mean you should wish him ill or that life teaches him your idea of a lesson.

Not only that but he was going mildly over the speed limit and no one else was involved so it was a victomless crime.
Oh wait there was a victom , him , he was the victom of entrappmeant by law inforcemeant who dont even abide by the same laws they enforce.

Im going to leave it there before I say something Ill really regret but why not keep your wishes of bad things to your own family and stop calling down evil on others.
There was no "evil wishes".
My only wish was for the Court System to work the way it's supposed to.

My point was , there was an infeaction.
The individual admitted he broke the law.
Your reasoning of "Not only that but he was going mildly over the speed limit and no one else was involved so it was a victomless crime".
Is akin to saying "I robbed a Bank...but I only shot one person".

Your statement of ..."Oh wait there was a victom , him , he was the victom of entrappmeant by law inforcemeant who dont even abide by the same laws they enforce".
That is a clear indication you, have your OWN "issues" with Law Enforcment."If that's the case (which it clearly is), then that could be saved for another post.

Now THIS..."How would you like it if because some people dont like law inforcemeant they started telling you they hope your wife gets shot on duty<BR> and the bullet missed the vest knicked an artery and shell always have a wierd look on her face from a neralogical disorder left behind from treatmeant"?
THAT statement is just plain demonizing, and beyond the scope of a rational person, and YOUR the one saying I'm posting "Evil Wishes"??!!

Your ending statement of: "Im going to leave it there before I say something Ill really regret"....

I think you already acheived that in you "Bullet Statement".

I have to say that in my 7 years on this Forum, I have NEVER seen someone like you(ll____b0t____ll;4845663),
express such Disdain for an individual/Human Life,
that protects the very Freedoms that allow you and yours to sleep safely at night.

I seriously hope the Mods take a hard look at the unfortunate,
"Turn" this thread has taken, by your one post!
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
Old 08-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #30
ItsRandy

In California (where I live) if you aren't going at least 10mph over the speed limit you're getting run over by the other cars on the road. This is just a speeding ticket. It's not like this guy held up a gas station, killed the clerk and is now trying to beat the charge through some sort of loop hole or with a slick lawyer. He is just trying to minimize the damage his mistake could cause. Have you ever broken a traffic law? Of course you have. Have you ever seen a police officer break a traffic law? Of course you have, they do it all the time. If they break a traffic law in their personal car and get pulled over, they flip out their badge and drive away without getting a ticket.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:50 AM   #31
VA72C10
VA72C10

I have received two speeding tickets about 10 years apart over my 18 years of driving and both times I did not realize I was speeding at the time.

I am big on personal responsibility... I am not going to pay higher insurance rates for the rest of my life. In both cases, I was not driving at a dangerous speed. Both were on highways with light traffic on sunny days. And both highways have actually had their speed limits increased to above what my speed was since I got my ticket on them

Both times I took traffic school once in person (8 hours) and once online (2 hour test). If this is an option they give you, how is it not "manning" up to your responsibility. It's not like I'm trying to cheat my way out of a ticket...I'm taking an option that the law allows me.

Basically what some are saying is "pay it and move on" the options present to you when you get a ticket under reckless are:

Pay it and pay extra for it in insurance over the rest of your life
Pay for driving school, and never pay any more.

Either way you are admitting you made a mistake. Why would anyone reason that it makes sense to take option 1???
Old 08-15-2011, 02:50 AM   #32
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Im going to leave it there before I say something Ill really regret but why not keep your wishes of bad things to your own family and stop calling down evil
on others.

I think because of the above statements this thread should be locked out by the moderators.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Old 08-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #33
ll____b0t____ll

Quote:
There was no "evil wishes".
My only wish was for the Court System to work the way it's supposed to.

My point was , there was an infeaction.
The individual admitted he broke the law.
Your reasoning of "Not only that but he was going mildly over the speed limit and no one else was involved so it was a victomless crime".
Is akin to saying "I robbed a Bank...but I only shot one person".

Your statement of ..."Oh wait there was a victom , him , he was the victom of entrappmeant by law inforcemeant who dont even abide by the same laws they enforce".
That is a clear indication you, have your OWN "issues" with Law Enforcment."If that's the case (which it clearly is), then that could be saved for another post.

Now THIS..."How would you like it if because some people dont like law inforcemeant they started telling you they hope your wife gets shot on duty<BR> and the bullet missed the vest knicked an artery and shell always have a wierd look on her face from a neralogical disorder left behind from treatmeant"?
THAT statement is just plain demonizing, and beyond the scope of a rational person, and YOUR the one saying I'm posting "Evil Wishes"??!!
Your ending statement of: "Im going to leave it there before I say something Ill really regret"....

I think you already acheived that in you "Bullet Statement".

I have to say that in my 7 years on this Forum, I have NEVER seen someone like you(ll____b0t____ll;4845663),
express such Disdain for an individual/Human Life,
that protects the very Freedoms that allow you and yours to sleep safely at night.

I seriously hope the Mods take a hard look at the unfortunate,
"Turn" this thread has taken, by your one post!

You "hoped" the Officer showed up, the Judge doesnt let him off, and for him to waist his time and money.....
HOW IS THAT NOT WISHING EVIL ON HIM???????

In a bank robbery you sapossed, one person got shot so there is a victom , tell me other than "The law" who was the victom in his speeding story?

My hypothetical about your wife being hurt was meant to make you ask yourself how you would feel if others "Hoped" bad things happened to her.
The fact you didnt take that away from it speaks more to your personality than mine for posing such a hypothetical .

I have not expressed disdain towards you or your wife , not once did I sappose thats how I felt or that I called down evil on her or you, that would make me a self defeating hyprocrite and I would be doing the same thing im posting against in lamans terms.
I gave an analogy that you assumed was meant as a direct hope and or wish , that is untrue and again sad you came to such an assumtion.

Lastly if the Moderation here would like to take action against me for standing up for a young man who your "Hoping" bad things happen to so be it.
I can stand certain repromands , what I cant stand for is people calling down evil on others , thats not what this community is for.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #34
ll____b0t____ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post

Im going to leave it there before I say something Ill really regret but why not keep your wishes of bad things to your own family and stop calling down evil
on others.

I think because of the above statements this thread should be locked out by the moderators.
Yes lets completly disregaurd that he Hoped bad things happened to the young man and villafy me for my hypothetical analogy shall we ....
Old 08-15-2011, 03:10 AM   #35
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll____b0t____ll View Post
....... and villafy me for my hypothetical analogy shall we ....
I think you've done a fine job of "Vilifying" all by yourself!
I believe this whole thread should probably be locked and then Deleted.
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #36
ll____b0t____ll

Quote:
I think you've done a fine job of "Vilifying" all by yourself!
I believe this whole thread should probably be locked and then Deleted.
Or how about your take your own advice and OWN UP to the fact you hoped bad times on the guy and stop using my words to deflect that matter.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #37
VA72C10
VA72C10

thread closed until further review....
Old 08-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #38
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Infractions issued to all involved
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel