The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #26
Crash'd Artwerks

Re: Semi-newbie, pinstriper, and all around car/truck guy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc63 View Post
yeah. that striping is flippin sweet. how do you like the t5 with the s10 tailshaft. i was thinking of doing this but hear that they are kind of weak. i hear the camaro t5 can handle more hp. how does your t5 handle the v8?
I haven't gotten a chance to drive it a whole lot yet. Still working the bugs out of it. The S-10 tail shaft puts the shifter in THE PERFECT position. It's super comfortable. I don't know that the tail shaft housing is any weaker than the Camaro one. After all, the ONLY thing I used from the S-10 was the actual aluminum housing itself. No other hard parts. That and the shift rail that goes in the too plate. EVERYTHING else is World Class Camaro. The gear ratios in the WC Camaro T-5 are MUCH better suited for a V8 than the S-10 T-5. You don't have that super low "granny gear" feeling. The 2.95 low works great with the 3.73 rear gear that's in the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad62Pro/Street View Post
The next "Big Daddy" Ed Roth!

Haha, I don't know about the next Ed Roth, but I sure do appreciate it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
really nice progress on the truck, and that pinstripping is bada$$! I really like the tiki, texas aint that far lol!!
Thanks man ! According to your location you're only about 3 hours and 15 minutes from our shop ! LOL ! My dad's shop is pretty much right on the other side of the Red River in Sherman.

-Aaron
Posted via Mobile Device
Crash'd Artwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #27
kpc01

Aaron,

glad to see you posting! As soon as I get the Suburban rolling I need some work done on my hood!!
kpc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #28
Crash'd Artwerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpc01 View Post
Aaron,

glad to see you posting! As soon as I get the Suburban rolling I need some work done on my hood!!
Hey man ! Thanks ! Just let me know when you get ready and I'm there !

-Aaron
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #29
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Welcome to the forum Aaron

Nice work on the truck, and some excellent striping
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #30
k1rodeoboater

Wow...

so how'd you get into pinstriping? It's something I'd learn to love how to do just to play around with it.

no garage, no shop, limited storage space and tools....no problem.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #31
Crash'd Artwerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Welcome to the forum Aaron

Nice work on the truck, and some excellent striping
Thank you, sir !

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1rodeoboater View Post
Wow...

so how'd you get into pinstriping? It's something I'd learn to love how to do just to play around with it.
I've always been into art, drawing and such when I was a kid. My dad and I went to the Lonestar Round Up in Austin, Tx 7 or 8 years ago. The first year we went, there were probably about 150 cars, so it was a lot smaller show, and a little more intimate. You could talk with people one on one and it felt like the good ol' small town car show. It has since turned out to be one of THE BEST traditional hot rod and custom car shows in the country and has blown up to 1,000+ hot rods and customs.

Anyway, there were some guys my age (22-ish at the time) that were pinstriping and I thought it was very intriguing. My dad had a guy named Jake stripe the old tool box the we had brought with us in the back of my dad's '53 Studebaker custom. I was hooked then. I followed him and his buddies around the rest of the weekend and one of them gave me one of his brushes and told me to start practicing when I got home. A WHOLE LOT of practicing later, here I am ! Haha !

I really enjoy it, and I have met some of my best friends because of my striping. It's pretty cool to see the reaction on someone's face when you get done making their car or truck one of a kind with some custom striping too.

-Aaron
Posted via Mobile Device