The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
jserrato714

63 suburban newbie build first day

Hey forum,Whats up..Its good to be back on here checking out the progress on members rides. I decided to pick up this 63 suburban last night. I got it for a great price..Absolutely no cancer just service rust and a ad quarter..It came with a engine and tranny off a 89 suburban that was just bolted on but not hook up..the previous owner decided to cut some of the frame too, hell I dont know. Any Ideas please let me know. I decided to start tear down and I got pretty far... Its pretty much a roller now..I am media lasting tomorrow morning. After tear down I started feeling very overwhelmed ..Thinking I bit more than I can chew. I have never tried bodywork so that quarter is scary looking far from what I am used to fixing...also I have wired up 70's 350 but never an 89...It has so many wires. The old owner I guess bolted it on the 63 suburban frame and then decided to sell.. Can I strip all that 89 suburban crap and go old school..Not sure if all 350 blocks are the same... Here are some pics of how it came in and how it sits now.. I will load pics as I go throughout the days.. Feel free to comment and if ya can lead me in the right path as I am a total newb when it comes to classic vehicles. Thanks and God bless
Attached Images

Last edited by jserrato714; 09-08-2011 at 10:41 PM.
jserrato714 is offline   Reply With Quote