The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #26
dcmalone

Re: My 55 Re-Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDO View Post
Malone,
is that one piece or mats (with the moon logo). And could you tell where you acquired it?

Looks great!
It's a set of two mats. I ordered them from mooneyesusa.com.
dcmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #27
Kim57

Looking good. I like the dash colors.
Kim
Old 10-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #28
dcmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Looking good. I like the dash colors.
Kim
Thanks, it's all rattlecan work with alot of wetsanding. Low budget build but alot of fun. It actually looks better in person.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #29
mknittle

lookin good!

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #30
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Looking good buddy keep up the good work.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #31
dcmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
lookin good!
Thanks!!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
dcmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Looking good buddy keep up the good work.
And thank you!!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #33
Dan in Pasadena

Looks excellent. I'm in process on the same dash rattle can work with my '55. I also redid my instrument cluster and added a custom color as you did. You may have seen this on another thread but in case you didn't:

...and I'd like to patch the floor holes - clutch pedal, floor starter, etc "while I'm in there" but I've got to learn how to MIG weld first! I guess since the patches will be under the insulation and the mat/carpet no one will know how lousy they look anyway! Your photos inspire me to keep at it, thanks. Oh and MORE PHOTOS please!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #34
la hi

I like the shifter lever also, where did that come from?
la hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #35
dcmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Looks excellent. I'm in process on the same dash rattle can work with my '55. I also redid my instrument cluster and added a custom color as you did. You may have seen this on another thread but in case you didn't:

...and I'd like to patch the floor holes - clutch pedal, floor starter, etc "while I'm in there" but I've got to learn how to MIG weld first! I guess since the patches will be under the insulation and the mat/carpet no one will know how lousy they look anyway! Your photos inspire me to keep at it, thanks. Oh and MORE PHOTOS please!
That looks really good. I'll get some more pictures as soon as I can do some more work. I have to prioritize between the kids stuff (school, football, etc), work and fixing the truck. Guess which one comes last. Oh, my odometer doesn't work, so I've made a sticker on a lable maker that just says "a bunch". I still need to put it on. but haven't wanted to take the cluster apart again.

Last edited by dcmalone; 10-17-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #36
dcmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by la hi View Post
I like the shifter lever also, where did that come from?
It's a Lokar Radical 32". It was my first purchse after I got the truck. I knew that I had to have it above the dash.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #37
dcmalone

I picked up 2 15x6 Wheel Vintiques chrome smoothies from Cokers "other" site for about 36 bucks each shipped. Apparently they were special order reverse with 3" of backspacing. I plan on running these on the front and will either special order a matching pair for the rear or go with a 15x8, 4" backspace. I was looking at wide whites and see that they say a 235/70R15 will fit on a 6" wide rim. Does anyone know if they balloon out alot on a 6". I was planning on running that size on a 8" but think it might look odd if I had a 6" in the front and 8" in the rear with the same size tire. I like the DB wide whites with the 3 - 3 1/2" whitewall. Question for the masses: Do I go wider in the back and get a 225 (or smaller) for the front or should I get a set of 6" for the rear and use the same tire all the way around. And if it's the same what size tire, 235 or 225???? Would love to hear what other are using on a 15x6 if anyone is running that. Wanting to stick with the radials as this will be a daily driver one day. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #38
dcmalone

Ordered a pair of 15x8 WV chrome smoothies for the back today. Still haven't totally decided on tires. I'm leaning towards 215/70's (15x6) on the front and 235/70's (15x8) on the back. My son wants us (me) to spring for the wide whites from DB. I'm leaning that way too. Got the go ahead from the boss to buy them. She knows that I would be content with the blackwall but really happy with the WWW's. Got to love her!!! My Dad's '53 is coming along nicely. Apparently after you retire you have more time to work on things. Will post more pics soon.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #39
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmalone View Post
.... Does anyone know if they balloon out alot on a 6". I was planning on running that size on a 8" but think it might look odd if I had a 6" in the front and 8" in the rear with the same size tire. I like the DB wide whites with the 3 - 3 1/2" whitewall. Question for the masses: Do I go wider in the back and get a 225 (or smaller) for the front or should I get a set of 6" for the rear and use the same tire all the way around. And if it's the same what size tire, 235 or 225???? Would love to hear what other are using on a 15x6 if anyone is running that. Wanting to stick with the radials as this will be a daily driver one day. Thanks.
At the risk of telling you stuff you already know, do you realize that the "225" or "235" is the width of the tread in millileters? An inch is approximately 25.2mm so divide 225 for example by 25.2 and you get 8.9 inches of tread width. On a 6" wide rim thats 2.9" divided by 2, or about 1.5 inches per side of "balloon" as you put it. To me, that's too much "pull in" of the side walls. I'd use a 7" or an 8" rim for that size tire.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #40
dcmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
At the risk of telling you stuff you already know, do you realize that the "225" or "235" is the width of the tread in millileters? An inch is approximately 25.2mm so divide 225 for example by 25.2 and you get 8.9 inches of tread width. On a 6" wide rim thats 2.9" divided by 2, or about 1.5 inches per side of "balloon" as you put it. To me, that's too much "pull in" of the side walls. I'd use a 7" or an 8" rim for that size tire.
I'm pretty good on how the measurements convert, but I've seen pictures of trucks running 6" wide wheels and 235's. Hard to tell in the pictures just how it looks. I've decided to go with a 215 on the front (6" wide rim) and 235's on the 8" in the rear. Fronts should be about an inch less in diameter if I've done the calculations right. I really want to pull the trigger on the wide whites if I can convince myself it's worth the extra cash.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #41
dcmalone

Got some more of the wiring run today. I put in a couple of relays for the headlights so I can run higher wattage lights if I want to and also mounted two fuse blocks. I'm having a little trouble finding a male 3-prong headlight socket for the connections. I may have to enginer something myself. The top left block is an always hot with the other being wired to the accessory termional on the ignition switch. I mounted them to a piece of sheet metal that I covered with rubberized gasket sheeting. Spaced about a 1/2 inch off the firewall on the driver side interior.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #42
55dude

great to see your son involved, make sure he has proper eye and ear protection. gloves and dust mask are also something to consider.
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote