The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #26
83chevyman

Re: 2011 Adventures & Trips in pictures: Lots of BIG pictures!

what brand flares you run on the blue truck?
83chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #27
coyote72

What a great bunch of pictures! It really looks like you know how to have a great time camping and wheeling. I can't wait to go exploring out here since I just moved to CO in Sept. I saw that you said this is the last run of the season; does that mean most trails are too bogged down with snow, or you are just done for the season? I would love to get a trip out this year, but I am unsure about snow levels. One of these days I'd like to cruise south to meet you and check out your truck. I'm just south of Denver.

70 Nova 454 5spd 4-link
coyote72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #28
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote72 View Post
What a great bunch of pictures! It really looks like you know how to have a great time camping and wheeling. I can't wait to go exploring out here since I just moved to CO in Sept. I saw that you said this is the last run of the season; does that mean most trails are too bogged down with snow, or you are just done for the season? I would love to get a trip out this year, but I am unsure about snow levels. One of these days I'd like to cruise south to meet you and check out your truck. I'm just south of Denver.
Nah, I am just done with camping/fishing trips for the year. Too dang cold for me! It is also time to start licking the wounds from the summer. The upper hose neck on the radiator is leaking badly. This is the 3rd time in 16 years this radiator has leaked in this spot so I am giving up on radiator shops fixing it and getting a new Napa radiator. The rear axle is also coming apart to address the mind numbing whine and I am pulling the rear spring packs apart to add a few leaves to make up for the weight of the loaded camper. She sags a little when loaded. Got to get it ready for the Overland Expo in Arizona next spring!

Most trails stay open thorough the year down in this area. A few buddies and I usually do a day trip snow bash around the holidays near Westcliffe. Com’on down sometime!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #29
str8axle55

Great pics as always. The scenery is bautiful out there. I`d love to be able to enjoy it with my family some time.
str8axle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #30
coyote72

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Most trails stay open thorough the year down in this area. A few buddies and I usually do a day trip snow bash around the holidays near Westcliffe. Com’on down sometime!
I'd love to join for a snow trip, I will keep in touch. Have you ever been out to the North Sand Hills? Its near Walden,CO; looked like fun in the snow.

70 Nova 454 5spd 4-link
coyote72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #31
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote72 View Post
I'd love to join for a snow trip, I will keep in touch. Have you ever been out to the North Sand Hills? Its near Walden,CO; looked like fun in the snow.
Sounds good. I’ve never been to Walden as I don’t usually go anywhere in the northern part of CO. Too many people up that direction for me. We do most of our playing in the Southern part of the state.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #32
jason65
Registerd User

If I could get my wife on board with the idea of moveing to Colorado I'd go home and start packing. Southern Colorado is one of my favorite places to ride. I bet that truck of yours has seen some magical sunrises and sunsets.
jason65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #33
RANDY COX

I'm diggin the campin pixs,can't wait for spring to hit,Looks like yall camp even in winter time,KOOL..