The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #26
mahanian
C10 addict

Re: Vintage Air a/c New in the Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
Another point....

The term "I'll take" has priority over "I'm interested" statements. This is to keep things simple and less confusing but...it's not my add. Just trying to be helpful in the selling arena. Best of luck with your sale.
Just for my own knowledge can you post a link to where it states that "I'll take it" takes priority over showing interest and asking questions? I'm not trying to fuel the fire and I know that saying "I'll take it" has been common practice on this forum for awhile now, but I just read through the buying and selling guidelines and I don't see anything in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I think a legitimate question before someone purchases a 600 dollar item is appropriate. Or maybe they should just say I'll take and find out later it doesn't fit and re-neg on the deal. I do see all sides of this though.
I agree, I think this just encourages people to say "I'll take it" even if they aren't sure they want it and then ask questions.
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #27
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanian View Post
Just for my own knowledge can you post a link to where it states that "I'll take it" takes priority over showing interest and asking questions? I'm not trying to fuel the fire and I know that saying "I'll take it" has been common practice on this forum for awhile now, but I just read through the buying and selling guidelines and I don't see anything in there.

I agree, I think this just encourages people to say "I'll take it" even if they aren't sure they want it and then ask questions.
The "I'll Take It" rule has been in effect for as long as I have been around this forum. When a person says "I'm interested" there is no commitment on the buyer’s part. But...If someone says "I'm interested But/If..." That’s a statement that says I'll take it if it meets a certain criteria.

To many Selling Threads gets into mass confusion if the buyer doesn't make a commitment. So it goes this way...
"I'll take it" or "I'm interested if..." has priority over a person who says "'I’m interested.

Hope this clears things up ...
Again our goal is to have happy sellers and buyers and this makes it fair to both sides.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. At least for now.

Hope this clears things up ...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #28
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanian View Post

Lord have mercy.. we cant put a rule in print for every word stated on the site.. hell half the folks dont even read a guideline.. The staff is explaining that most users on here will say Ill take it.. If someone wants to see pics etc they say Id like to take it pending pics.. etc.. In the end its the sellers choice, as it is folks whom read the threads choice not to buy from them in the future. I dunno if its the full moon, or what.. but these pissy ass sale posts are getting old quick. If yall dont like the way a deal is done, go post in bad review.. If you do like it post in review. Leave the pissy ass whining at home..
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #29
mahanian
C10 addict

"pissy ass whining"??

Thank you 70cst for the respectful response to my question
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 AM   #30
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Yes pissy ass whining. It has happened in several for sale threads recently. If it offends you then think if how we feel constantly being pulled into the issues. Its really not that hard to respond to an ad or move on.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #31
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

WOW. Mahanian posted a legitimate question, and you come back calling it "pissy ass whining?" I don't spend a lot of time on the For Sale forums, so I was not aware of the unspoken "I'll take it rule", but I'm glad he posted that question for us that were not in the know.

While it may not matter (seeing as how the seller may already have the A/C sold), I asked a question about it and was waiting for the seller to answer Mahanian's questions b/c like someone said before, $600 is a lot of money to spend on anything these days, especially if you aren't sure what you will be getting in the deal. I see saying "I'll take it" like shaking hands. It's a done deal. But since the seller had a somewhat incomplete listing, I thought it necessary to find out more info about the parts for sale (and Mahanian expressed interest first!) Seems like an honest way to go about buying parts to me.

So IMO, to be fair to ALL that "unwritten rule" should become a written rule so that you can point us "pissy ass whiners" to the rule and explain to us that it was our fault for not reading the posted rules.

Liz just saw your last post.... Who pulled you into the issue?? We were having a very nice discussion here

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #32
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

XIII. If you are a long time member, act like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather then attacking them. We look upon our veteran members to use this opportunity to teach the newer members the appropriate message board usage.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
Old 10-14-2011, 01:41 AM   #33
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
Liz just saw your last post.... Who pulled you into the issue??
She was pulled into the issue because it was reported by members and shows up to all the admins/team members for review. There have been several similar issues recently that were also reported.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #34
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Then maybe she should be taking jabs at the people that reported the issue instead of someone that asked a legitimate question. With that said, if you're receiving multiple reports on the same issue, then maybe it's something that needs to be addressed officially.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
Old 10-14-2011, 02:04 AM   #35
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

And I apologize to Sweet 72 for cluttering up his thread. I'm still interested in the AC!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
Old 10-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #36
Chevy4Life

I'm glad to hear from Liz on this unofficial "I'll take it rule" there has been a lot of confusion lately. I agree. It should be left up to the Seller and I think that Seller should note that in there ad. If I'm selling something I'd like to give ANY buyer the opportunity to ask any questions and not be FORCED to sell to the 5th inline because they said I'll take it. I do understand that there is a place for the" I'll take it" ad. Getting six shipping quotes and answering questions about a self described part is painful. Seeing it used as a tactic to snag a $40 Tach Cluster is painful as well.

Last edited by Chevy4Life; 10-14-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Chevy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #37
70cst

Guys...we are making this a lot more difficult than it should be. If there were no guidelines in the area of Selling/Buying then it truely would become a mess. If ten perspective buyers said I'm interested and the 11th guy said I'll take it ... who gets the prize? The one who says I'll buy is assuming all risks and has made a judgement call that he/she knows what they are doing or the one who really hasn't made a firm offer and is still under consideration to what they want to do?

If a potential buyer is really interested then says "I'm interested but first clarify this"... That shows he/she wants to buy but needs a clarification on something.

If someone says "I'm interested" then there is no committment from the buyer and no sure sale for the seller.

If one says "I'll buy it" ...thats a sure sale.

If you all knew how many times issues like this have come up you all would either cry or laugh...

The above has been mention many of times so we are not trying to agitate but trying to keep things civil and fair for all involved. Now you know the rest of the story...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #38
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy4Life View Post
I'm glad to hear from Liz on this unofficial "I'll take it rule" there has been a lot of confusion lately. I agree. It should be left up to the Seller and I think that Seller should note that in there ad. If I'm selling something I'd like to give ANY buyer the opportunity to ask any questions and not be FORCED to sell to the 5th inline because they said I'll take it. I do understand that there is a place for the" I'll take it" ad. Getting six shipping quotes and answering questions about a self described part is painful. Seeing it used as a tactic to snag a $40 Tach Cluster is painful as well.
To clarify, what 70cst said above is correct. The issue lies within the wording. In the end it is the sellers choice, but there are ways things "should" be done to avoid issues. Say you have a newspaper ad out for parts, and someone calls you and says hey man I'm interested in this part, let me call you back tomorrow.. then someone comes over, cash in hand and says I will take it.. are you going to say no no no, I have to hold it for the guy who may call me back tomorrow? Not likely. If you are the guy who said he will call back tomorrow, do you then get mad and call the paper saying NO FAIR HE SOLD MY PART, after finding out the part is gone? Again, not likely, and if you did the paper would laugh at you and hang up.

I am not saying all this in direct ref to you, just using your quote to go more in depth with the issue.

Why do we get annoyed? Examples of the past few days alone...
1. reported post, buyer pays seller via paypal. Seller does not want to ship items until the money (instant payment) is in his bank account next week. Quotes guidelines about the 2 week shipping etc. Both parties very upset and pulling Admins into it to referee.
2. for sale ad, user PMs seller with offer. No one in thread knows this and parts are sold. Users in thread go off and pull Admins into the post wanting justice.
3. several reported posts on I said I want this in the reply and the seller skipped me.

I know it is frustrating to want something and miss out. Seriously though, crap happens... If you do not get the part, then there probably was a reason why. If the seller wants to sell it local, so be it. I do feel it should had been stated that the part is for sale local as well... but whom here has never made a mistake? Is it reason to burn him at stake??

As far as making the I'll take it deal official, as so many demand.. should we also have rules about what words to use in rely to projects and builds? Maybe we should not have typing ability, and only the pre approved selective preworded replies for message threads? Seriously.. if you step back and think about what is being asked, it is over the edge.

We have always gone above and beyond to help in bad deals, parts sales etc.. This recent rash of whining over getting overlooked in sales is past old. It takes the staff hours to go through the post, sort out whos who etc, and contact the sellers/ buyers. It takes away from other things they could be doing, and it is plain old annoying. If there is a legitimate issue PLEASE let us know... if you are just upset that you "missed out on a deal" then go outside, kick a garbage can, and move on..

Last edited by Liz; 10-14-2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: added
Old 10-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #39
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
And I apologize to Sweet 72 for cluttering up his thread. I'm still interested in the AC!
Trolling staff - days off.. please refresh yourself with the announcements before posting again when your account is reinstated.

Quote:
Liz just saw your last post.... Who pulled you into the issue?? We were having a very nice discussion here
When you pay the taxes, upkeep and are legally responsible for the site, I will justify this question. Until then, as we responsible for that, I will continue to intervene where I feel the need to do so. Thank you.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #40
Sweet 72

I think I know what the root problems are here...

3. Post didn't state "for sale locally" even though it should be assumed it is. Because I'm sure 99.98% of all items for sale on here are for sale locally.

2. Seller can't stay on computer 24/7 so lots of questions and interest before seller could legitly get logged back next day to answer those questions.

1. Asking price was to cheap.

Sweet 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #41
jtp67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet 72 View Post
I think I know what the root problems are here...

3. Post didn't state "for sale locally" even though it should be assumed it is. Because I'm sure 99.98% of all items for sale on here are for sale locally.

2. Seller can't stay on computer 24/7 so lots of questions and interest before seller could legitly get logged back next day to answer those questions.

1. Asking price was to cheap.

Not necessarily,for instance I am going to SUPER CHEVY SHOW in am with lots of parts that I would normally have on here BUT I am in dilemma about posting and then selling at show--Would like to post so others in houston could see and then if want they could buy in person! But don't want to cut out someone on here that says "I'll take it" and I'm not looking at computer till I get back! See my point?? So I will post what's left when I return to avoid the possible cluster!
Your better stating for sale locally and avoid this like U said......jim
Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #42
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Sorry =(
Old 10-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #43
BBrendal
Recalculating.....

So is this still available?

1969 Chevy Camaro Z28
1972 Chevy Blazer CST
2004 GMC Yukon (The truck that pulls the car trailer)
1972 Chevy Blazer CST #2 (Finished and sold!)

Blazer build link...
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/...rendal/Blazer/
BBrendal is offline   Reply With Quote