The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #26
SS Tim

Re: How rare is a 72 Custom Camper/20 Highlander 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Shouldn't this have carpet?
No the Custom Deluxe interior included a color keyed vinyl floor mat. The Highander interior added parchment, plaid and black elements. In addition it offered package discounts for bundled options.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:11 AM   #27
ls1nova71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
No the Custom Deluxe interior included a color keyed vinyl floor mat. The Highander interior added parchment, plaid and black elements. In addition it offered package discounts for bundled options.
My Highlander in the same color combo had black carpet, I thought that was part of the Highlander package.
Posted via Mobile Device
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:22 AM   #28
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess this truck is Rick Goldsberry's which formerly was Rick DeJoode's? That truck has been torn apart for a long time if so. There were a lot of great parts with that truck back about 10-14yrs ago.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #29
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
My Highlander in the same color combo had black carpet, I thought that was part of the Highlander package.
I stand corrected, its been a long day! Going to tuck the dogs in and crash.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

My truck came with black carpet when I got it. I was working on it at my old shop. I was letting this halfassed mechanic loser guy live there for a while and he managed to spill whiskey on the carpet by the passenger door which I realized when it got moldy. I wondered why I kept smelling whiskey when working up under it. My guess is he would sit in there and listen to the radio. I have far too many stories on that truck thanks to dear John. I learned a lot of lessons that year. Anyway,I took the carpet out and put a nice original rubber floor in that I had.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #31
ls1nova71

Oh yeah, the old "a drunk halfassed mechanic spilled whiskey on it so I had to replace it" excuse. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that one...,. Well, I guess I'd have a nickel!! JK!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by ls1nova71; 11-25-2011 at 12:17 PM.
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #32
domeier

That's what I always tell the nice officers when they pull me over for using 6 lanes on a 2 lane road. "Oh yeah, there was this drunk mechanic who spilled whiskey on the carpet."
domeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #33
special-K
Special Order

I actually did get in trouble because my passenger Bruce was so drunk. He was all curled up in his corner in a stupor. I swear he drinks way more than me. The trooper had pulled me over because my left rear tire had touched the tail end of the double yellow line just before the dotted white line started (How technical,right? Sheesh!) as I went to over take a few vehicles. Ok,so I was a bit excited. But,I had hit 3rd and wanted 4th and 5th real bad coming from a light...dang lolligaggers...and it was either hit the brakes or keep on gittin' it. I timed everything just right,except the part where it happened with the cop right behind me (and I crossed the line about 2' too early). I guess he got it on,too,because no sooner had I passed all those cars I saw blue and red lights flashing. I checked my dash indicator lights and ,no,wasn't those. The State Trooper,Rusty(who I knew because he was into these trucks,too,and had even bought some parts from me),came to the window,shined his light in,saw Bruce all curled up,and said it smelled like alcohol...had we been drinking? That's when Bruce decided to get real social. Oh gawd...That's when I was asked to step out of the vehicle. Unfortunately the trooper wasn't alone,Bruce was obviously drunk,and the truck reeked of whiskey. It turns out Bruce had a little bottle of his own he had been nursing,unbeknownst to me,that he had spilled over there (the troopers found it). I had been helping him pick up some things of his stored at his sister's house and I made the mistake of dropping into a bar out that way with him. The girls were friendly and all but I had to get home cuz my wife had to leave for work at 10:30 and I had to be with my son. I only had a couple drinks (I know...how cliche?) because I do try to e responsible (turns out he was ordering double Jim Beam black labels). But,I could not drag him away. He kept saying,"Just let me finish this",then have another one before I knew it. Funny,right? Well,Ha ha. I told him I was going to the truck and if he wasn't right behind me he could walk home. I had to really hustle to make it home on time since it was over an hour away. Well,Rusty and me had some good conversation that night and even talked trucks. I asked him how I was driving and he said fine,it wasn't that. He also said I didn't appear drunk but when he smelled the whiskey and saw how trashed Bruce was he had to something since he wasn't alone. He said good stuff about me in court,too,so it wasn't that bad. I learned my lesson that day. Never drink and drive with Bruce! No,seriously,I stopped taking drinking and driving for granted and stopped. It was very humiliating. Oh,and since I knew whiskey was spilled I cleaned it up before it molded.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 11-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #34
doubleb's69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess this truck is Rick Goldsberry's which formerly was Rick DeJoode's? That truck has been torn apart for a long time if so. There were a lot of great parts with that truck back about 10-14yrs ago.
I was waiting to see how long it took for you to click on this thread and put the puzzle pieces together. Yes it is Ricks and formerly Ricks. Last time I looked at it, it had the tilt in it, but it is gone now. The frame is missing one of the radiator support mounting brackets and the other is ripped like some one lifted it by the support. Rick Goldsberry was willing to throw in another complete 4X4 frame and a pretty good box but I thought it was a little more together, something I could get back on the road soon. I already have one massive project and don't have time for it, let alone another. Oh well I had a good time checking out the trucks and talking to old friends. My son Buck had a blast playing in the race cars, and I also got to look at the remains of my old 69 GMC Custom I sold Rick 11 years ago and he gave me the golvebox door off of it just to hang in the garage. He wants to get rid of everything so you might want to call him.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #35
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Rick is a great guy! I better not cal him as I have enough project and don't need the temptation if you know what I mean. Plus I'm project poor. I remember that truck well. Rick DeJoode wanted too much for me when he was trying to sell it. I can't remember what Rick got it for, but I think there were other parts and maybe another parts truck with it. It would definitely be a good one to build.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #36
special-K
Special Order

I wonder how it went from a nice truck with a too high asking price to parted out. Every truck has it's own history.

Tim

Old 11-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I wonder how it went from a nice truck with a too high asking price to parted out. Every truck has it's own history.
The truck hasn't been put together for years. It had a very, very, nice 2wd body sat on a 4x4 chassis that sat in my buddy's dad's machine shed. Then they got bigger equipment and parts of the truck went out side. Then he tried selling it but was way to high on it. Finally he sold it to Rick G and it sat at his place since. I bet Rick G has had it for at least 10yrs. I haven't seen the truck for a long time so I have no idea how bad it is now. I just remember it back then. I do remember it being a high lander though. I'm betting it didn't get parted out. I'm guessing parts got taken from it. The last time I was at Rick G's, which was a long time ago, he was having problems with things disappearing out there. So that's why things were missing I'm sure.
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #38
doubleb's69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
The truck hasn't been put together for years. It had a very, very, nice 2wd body sat on a 4x4 chassis that sat in my buddy's dad's machine shed. Then they got bigger equipment and parts of the truck went out side. Then he tried selling it but was way to high on it. Finally he sold it to Rick G and it sat at his place since. I bet Rick G has had it for at least 10yrs. I haven't seen the truck for a long time so I have no idea how bad it is now. I just remember it back then. I do remember it being a high lander though. I'm betting it didn't get parted out. I'm guessing parts got taken from it. The last time I was at Rick G's, which was a long time ago, he was having problems with things disappearing out there. So that's why things were missing I'm sure.
Your right, Rick G has owned it for around 10 years. He bought it when Rick D's house burned down. I just never remember seeing it at Rick D's but then again I wasn't over there as much as you. I was at Rick G's house and up at the junkyard or at Fulmers about every weekend in high school. and don't remember it up there either. Also the missing parts I would say have something to do with Mike G. He was building a 72 for a long time up there and when I was asking Rick the other day about parts missing he just kept looking at Mike and he just kept saying I dunno.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #39
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

LMFAO! Yeah, you never know. I'm sure anything there was up for grabs for him back then.
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 11-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #40
special-K
Special Order

Sounds like my '72 Blazer that ended up missing the instrument cluster,steering column,glovebox door,steering box,lenses,and gas caps. But,it was no one I knew and it's a good thing for them I don't know who. This thing had Desert Dynamics auxiliary tanks and some idiot ruined them for a couple of cheap gas caps!

Tim

Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #41
doubleb's69

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Sounds like my '72 Blazer that ended up missing the instrument cluster,steering column,glovebox door,steering box,lenses,and gas caps. But,it was no one I knew and it's a good thing for them I don't know who. This thing had Desert Dynamics auxiliary tanks and some idiot ruined them for a couple of cheap gas caps!
I feel your pain special-K. In college I had a 67 Chevy II that I bought when I was a junior in high school. I put a 350 and a 4 speed in it and never really drove it much. I blew up the engine in my suburban at the time so I needed money and had it at my grandpa's buddies business for sale. Right underneath the brightest light by the road. Well someone broke into it, and took the strangest things. They stole the tach, my shifter handle, all the chrome off of the engine, tried to take the guages, and were working on the carb when something must have spooked them. They also screwed up the passenger door and the passenger fender. Its just like John Travolta says in Pulp Fiction, "It would almost be worth them doing it just to catch them doing it."