The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2003, 11:56 PM   #26
Chevy67Tk

My ex didn’t understand the whole truck, tractor, and bike thing. Ended up selling all but the daily driver what a mistake that was thinking I was making her happy. Got a project truck and a couple of bikes now the kid and me are happy.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:38 AM   #27
krazy_texan

my girlfriend likes my truck in fact she asked me to drive it to our senior prom instead of dads vette but i think it is odd and kind of scary we are still in highschool and she acts like we are married ( so i think) she nags about money all the time how i spend more on the truck than i do on her and how i do everything but she is cool, when she needs to or wants to talk to me she comes out and does it while i am working on the truck and occasionally hands me a tool. I am know having second thoughts about what me and her have planned though, she is getting an ingagment ring next month and we are moving in together the first of july. but she likes the truck and she herself drives an older truck.
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:42 AM   #28
SWINGSAX68
Now the others dig........

Girlfreind better not hate it, SHE HAS A 63!!!! But she says it takes up to much of my time.....from what I don't know...
LOOKING FOR A 67 4 DOOR IMPALA!!!Just like Sam and Dean Winchester!! 'Cause Mustangs are for p^**#$ and you can fit a body in the trunk of a 67 Impala
MEMBER OF THE DRUM BRAKE CLUB
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies Texas State University-San Marcos, TX
Certified Music Educator
I hope Mom is up there watching and being my Guardian Angel

"I've got a fever.....and the only prescription.....IS MORE COW BELL"
-The Legendary: Bruce Dickenson

"F#$@ 'em up!!!!!!"
-The Legendary: Rogelio Escobar

TRUCKY LINKS
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=457750
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=461184
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=472848
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=417541
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=477788
SWINGSAX68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:52 AM   #29
casey

my wife likes me workin on the truck atleast she knows were I am, and I restored her bronco for her too, that gave me a little rope, no really shes pretty cool about the whole thing, I was a car nut when she meet me so she knew what she was in for, she just didn't think I'd go through so many vehicles I'm up to about 45 now, I get bored with one then I sell it for another, I'll list them off some day, I've gone through a lot of cool units, that drives the wife crazy, she can't figure out why I don't just stick with one, I guess i'm a gear head
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:55 AM   #30
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

Quote:
Originally posted by dubie_72
I'm just as far into the truck as Tim is! I've lifted the bed off with him...
[img-greasyhands]
My girlfriend's gotten greasier than that!!

Seriously, though...my girlfriend LOVES my truck. We'd been together a whole three months, tops, and she was right there with me, helping me deal with the 700R4 / Vortec head swap.

Now, it's 11 months...she also helped me out a lot installing my new seat...and my head unit...

I love her. She knows quite well I plan on keeping my '70 forever, and adding many more cars to my collection...

The only problem? At the moment, she's up one on me!!!! (1979 280ZX and 1973 Opel GT...to my lone '70 GMC!) Haha, I don't mind.

Guess what I'm driving to her senior prom? This'll make the first prom without the Mercedes...besides, that car gets me in too much trouble, especially if there's a female riding shotgun...
Old 04-21-2003, 02:10 AM   #31
Jesse 67 c-10

A buddy was showin me and a few other guys his new mike he got, a yamy crotch rocket, really a nice bike, looked awsome, totaly his new baby, one of the guys asked him "so whats the girlfriend think of it?" his answer straight up, very matter of fact
"doesn't matter"

hehe, it was great,

Jesse

1993 Dihatsu Hijet Jumbo cab 4x4, currently converting to battery electric power.
Jesse 67 c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 02:14 AM   #32
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

My wife only had a dislike for 72's when I built her a TOTALLY AWSOME 72 1/2 ton 4x4 Suburban and she had to drive it. After I let my nephew talk me out of it for a price that Im ashamed to repete, I am really pi$$ed as he drove it into the ground and its been parked for 3 years, rusting away. I tried to buy it back and the BRAT wont sell it. No good deed ever goes unpunished!
Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:09 AM   #33
gmc383

my first wife

hated my flyfishing and tying. She posted no fishing signs over my fly tying bench. My second wife pretended she loved chevys, till we got married. Then we always had to stick her lame ass 69 mustang in the garage while my 70 stayed outside. Oh well, thank goodness she took all my money and left. Now, I do what I want, when I want. Me and my dog. However, I am always on the lookout for my next ex.
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:28 AM   #34
73stepside

my wife found my truck for me. i was in the process of fixing up a 73 chevy stepside when we where going to classic chevy on I-35 and bought my truck from one of the guys at the front desk. very knowledgeable guy. he had just finished the motor work about 34,000 miles ago. fairly new tires with 73-87 4x4 ralley rims. truck is really staright. has the usual rust on the rockers and driver side fender. it is black with a white top. it was originally all black with red interior. red interior is still there. but needs update and restore. we got it for $1700, but the guy was in a bind and needed the money. it was easily worth $2200-2500. wife lets me do what i want with both cars as long as i spend time with her. i just painted the kitchen and dining room so i should be good for a week.
73stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:05 AM   #35
Stout72
Not my good side.

My wife absolutely hates my truck. She calls it the POS. She was after me to get rid of my 85 F@#& because it was a money pit, nothing but problems, and I was all for that, seeing the opportunity to get the truck of my dreams. I finally did last year, but the truck was kinda rough looking (it still is) and the brakes crapped out on me after the first month of ownership. She wasn't pleased that it was up on blocks in front of the house for about a month while I replaced nearly everything in the brake system, only working on it on weekends. The clincher was when it broke down with a load of new furniture aboard, 30 miles from home. That really got me "the look." To this date she has only ridden it it twice.
79 Yamaha XS1100 Special (Ol' Reliable)
Stout72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:12 AM   #36
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

My wife just set down some ground rules and we get along fine with the trucks. One rule is I'm only allowed to have 4 vehicles and she gets 1. But I have to make sure her 1 is in good running order and two of my 4 have to be drivable. I'm buying a 70 GMC 1 ton dually tonight. She is not thrilled with the idea but it's either I work on trucks or start long renovations to the rooms in the house making them unlivable, by her standard, for a year or so. She prefers the truck, even gave up her parking spot in the garage so I had more room. God I love my wife.
GloryHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #37
Smooth68

Dude.....Don't sweat it. The way I look at it the women will get use to it - or not. Mine told me AFTER I sold my last truck that it almost cost me a divorce. Gee I really miss that truck

WTB 64-66 project or frame/cab, SWB or LWB...I have the fever! Whatcha got??

'68 Short Step - Shaved Body, Soon Bagged - SOLD

Driver-2004 GMC Z-71 Ext-cab
Smooth68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #38
doug72

My wife actually told me to go back and buy her the 72SWB stepside after I passed on it. It is in the picture section as an orange 72 that used to belong to Rod Stallings. She loves the truck and has been interupting the restoration of my 69RS/SS Camaro to work on the truck. She has me completely finishing it before moving on to my next project a 69 L78 Camaro. It is a nice truck. I am lucky to have an outstanding wife. She doesn't help with it, but likes me doing these projects instead of hanging around on the sofa.

Doug
doug72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #39
doug72

BTW,

Here is a pic of the truck. If the attach file works.

Doug and Amy
Attached Images

doug72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 02:47 PM   #40
Mixup

My wife loves my truck. I think when its finished she is going to take it and I'll have to start all over again.

1969 Z28 engine

Turbo 350
Mixup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:19 PM   #41
Reumster
L.E.D. Freak

My girlfreind likes my blazer when the top is off and shes driving, other than that when it breaks it the biggest POS in the world and I should sell it! LOL But she likes it at heart! LOL
(406)675-8082
or Joel @ jmcwaters@eps-corp.net

1972 2wd Blazer, 350/700R4/3:73 posi, err & Custom L.E.D. inserts! LOL
Reumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:36 PM   #42
smokekiki
Mike

My wife has all but taken my blazer from me.I am aloud to work on it and drive it once in a while.Of course when I was in the hospital last october,she bought and suprised me with a suburban she found in Texas!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:46 PM   #43
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

I don't know if I would say my wife likes my truck, but she is very supportive of and understands why I like it so much. She is a car girl and wants an old convertible. I'm waiting for her to decide so we have a second project. With two small ones it is hard to disappear for a few hours to the garage, but she manages to keep the boys going so I can get out and do it.

She will give me words or encouragement every so often and that keeps me going.

When I raced motocross she use to push my bike to the line and clean the bike between moto's. Good stuff.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:04 PM   #44
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

My wife hates my truck and told me if I spend another weekend working on it I will get the ultimatum..."Her or the Truck!" Well ...I can tell you that I am going to miss that old girl...my wife...not the truck! LOL!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:08 PM   #45
powder
the ring around my finger

my wife say's i should just live in my truck ther has been plenty of times she said the truck or her but then she goes for a ride and forgetts what she says

Last edited by powder; 04-22-2003 at 07:11 AM.
powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:10 PM   #46
Grim Reaper

Nahh My wife is pretty cool about the trucks. The only one she hated was the 70 Burb. She couldn't see what it could be only what it was. Sold it for lack of time then ran accoss a really clean Burb in a Magazine and showed her and then she understood. Now we both wish we still had it so we could have a classic hauler for the 59 Airstream she inherited. Her only complaint is when I get on a wrenching marathon and see's me only as long as it takes to eat dinner for a week or two straight LOL.

Restoring this Aristream is about to be another one of those deals.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:24 PM   #47
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Mixup
My wife loves my truck. I think when its finished she is going to take it and I'll have to start all over again.
Been there done that...lost a 79 Blazer that way LOL. Now we just sold that truck and I got a 454 Burb LOL. Had it a week and Saturday she rode in it for the first time.

My oldest Daughter (10) had rode in it a few times and knew what the Big block was all about. She's in the back seat screaming Hammer it!
Well ok who am I to argue.

So Pin the wife and two kids to the seats for a few seconds.
Baby is giggling in the back from the sudden chang of the direction of gravvity. Wife looks at me and goes "DAMN!"

Then she had to be mom for a second and tell me not to be an idiot with the kids in the car. LOL
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:37 PM   #48
72MARIO

Oky My girlfriend is cool with the truck it's the way I tell her that I want to work on my truck . Basically say I am going to work on my truck tommorow leaving her no room to say weather or not she wanted to spend the day with me. I was not treating her the way I should have.
1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:52 PM   #49
Long Knight
Spank 'em if you got 'em!

The wife knew when we were dating that I had to have a project going all the time. When we were in college I made my aluminum potato cannon, liquor (elixor) dispensor, took a little kid scooter and put a motor on it (still working on getting that right LOL) etc. She knows it never stops and she knows that my truck was built to last. I just have to let her (help) choose the paint. That is going to suck because she wants the two tone and I don't. She likes the white and I don't. But I have to be nice considering I will be dipping into her funds here pretty soon. She makes more than twice as much money as I do. Man I have it rough.

'71 C-20, 350ci, TH350, Edl. 1406 Carb w/elec.choke, Ignitor ignition, Viper Tires, Orange Dipstick
Long Knight is offline   Reply With Quote