The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #26
fine69

Re: You are looking for a $40k truck. Here is one

I love it.

Houndstooth is badass.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #27
OC 72

Nice truck...nicely stated Liz.
OC 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #28
YBNORML

I retract my prior statement, the comment that I was referring to in my earlier post has been moderated
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
bigguy69
dazed and confused

That looks identical to a truck I looked at. It was at hot august nights in forest city,nc. If it is the same truck that was even better in person. I like it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Honestly.. I came to this thread with all thoughts of it needing to be locked. 99% of the time, ones like this do. I have seen nothing ugly, and actual calm decent discussion.. No one is hating at all. Just because someone has a different opinion, does not mean they are being ugly. We bust our ashes to off posts that are negative and keep the site clean. Most other sites just let it go and allow major bash fests. Maybe its to early, but I took more offense to the this site is negative posts, then to anything posted before it.

Also if a post is, in your opinion, negative.. please use the report a post button telling folks they are all negative is not doing anything positive for the thread or community either.

Thanks!
Liz, it is not a bashing of this truck, or directed at anyone in general, it is just general rule around here that when a high dollar truck get posted (usually not a known board members truck), the haters comeout of the woodwork and tear it to pieces in the first 10 posts. I seen this done on 2 other threads recently and seen it a bunch of times over the long haul I have been here. then some one will post up the junk they just dragged out of the field and there will be 10 pages of thumbs up how this is the greatest find of the century.

I have wanted to make that post countless times, but have not because of sponsorship status and possible loss of business, but I guess it finally rubbed me wrong. Personally I don't like several things about the truck either, but I have respect for the owner and his desire to build the truck as he or she chooses and to keep those negative comments to myself. If your not willing to say what you type direct to the owners face, then you should not post it here or on any other forum. Sure you will have these threads from time to time, but around here seems to be the rule and not the exception.

For the record, this forum on a whole is not negative, or I would not still be here. There is a ton of good info and people here. I post on a dozen or so forums, and of those forums, the negative is not a personal taste issue, it is usually revolves around incorrect numbers matching cars with documentable errors being incorrectly presented. I do see negative opinion posts on those forums as well, but usually after someone asked for an opinion to start with, not unsolicited opinions.

Last edited by Musclerodz; 01-10-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Musclerodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #31
airbrusher

well said!!!!
airbrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #32
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Mike- I agree with about 98% of your last post. The points you make are exactly why the Forum Staff instituted a no bash policy over a year ago. After seeing that type of posting run rampant on other sites the Executive Staff made a decision to deter it on this site.

Just so you know, we have a standing policy with our staff to report and monitor all threads of this type that are posted. If we see that it is turning negative, the thread is locked. Since the Executive Staff has been very diligent about seeing this policy enforced on here you can understand why we take offense with your first post.

Unfortunately no matter how hard we try, threads can cross the line from normal banter to bashing quickly. I encourage you to help our staff members by reporting any post that you feel is offensive. I assure you it will receive or prompt attention.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #33
special-K
Special Order

You can't expect all thumbs up on a truck. Honesty,shouldn't there be some degree of tolerance of opinions? (and I see they were allowed) That's what I see in this thread...just a few comments on the impression the truck left on some. There's no opinion when it comes to numbers matching investment vehicles like there is on vehicles built to suit an individual. I made a comment about the mirrors because I think it's a fantastic truck and,in the instant I fantasized buying it,what occurred to me is how changing the mirrors would require paint work,which you don't want to do on a $40k vehicle. My reply was not negative in general,just a thought I expressed. I don't see this as a situation so serious we have to bite our tongues. We are here to enjoy trucks not at a corporate board meeting or the in-law's for dinner.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #34
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Mike- I agree with about 98% of your last post. The points you make are exactly why the Forum Staff instituted a no bash policy over a year ago. After seeing that type of posting run rampant on other sites the Executive Staff made a decision to deter it on this site.

Just so you know, we have a standing policy with our staff to report and monitor all threads of this type that are posted. If we see that it is turning negative, the thread is locked. Since the Executive Staff has been very diligent about seeing this policy enforced on here you can understand why we take offense with your first post.

Unfortunately no matter how hard we try, threads can cross the line from normal banter to bashing quickly. I encourage you to help our staff members by reporting any post that you feel is offensive. I assure you it will receive or prompt attention.
I completely understand your point and apologize to the mods for the "negative" comment. It was not my intent to turn attention somewhere else.

More often than not, the threads are not "offensive", but more disrepectful to the owner of the vehicle being talked about. I guess I was just not in a good mood yesterday and just got me since i had read another post just the day before about another $40k with the same exact attitude posts in it as well.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #35
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You can't expect all thumbs up on a truck. Honesty,shouldn't there be some degree of tolerance of opinions? (and I see they were allowed) That's what I see in this thread...just a few comments on the impression the truck left on some. There's no opinion when it comes to numbers matching investment vehicles like there is on vehicles built to suit an individual. I made a comment about the mirrors because I think it's a fantastic truck and,in the instant I fantasized buying it,what occurred to me is how changing the mirrors would require paint work,which you don't want to do on a $40k vehicle. My reply was not negative in general,just a thought I expressed. I don't see this as a situation so serious we have to bite our tongues. We are here to enjoy trucks not at a corporate board meeting or the in-law's for dinner.
I don't expect everyone to agree. I have opinions just like you and agree with you on this particular truck about what I don't like, and posting constructive critisism is fine, but for ones that post "not a 40k truck" and move on, is disrespectful. Is it worth reporting and causing more work for the mods, no not really, just me venting this time and won't happen again.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:21 AM   #36
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: You are looking for a $40k truck. Here is one

Well I guess I need to post again to.
Because I agree with Mike. You put a old truck that has been neglected for 30 years on here and it's a gold mine for weeks. You put a post on here of someones hard work for a number of years and no matter if you personally like it are not they pick it apart. I have been a member for a long time and it's always been that way. Sorry but it just bother's me when some one says I wouldn't do that. Ok I understand that but that doesn't mean you post it. The guy that built the truck did like the things he did to it and thats all that matters not what someone else thinks is right because the next person doesn't like that and on and on.
The guy built the truck for his taste not ours.
I honestly like any truck of our years no matter what they look like.
If I made anyone mad I apologize.
To the owner of the truck well done sir. I hope it sells.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #37
special-K
Special Order

I agree on the issue of those who post only to make a negative remark. It seems like more than an opinion. We don't see it on an old truck with low value (as much) and I think it's outright blatant envy/resentment coming through. It's a weakness people tend to have,if they don't watch themselves. It seems to come out mostly when a vehicle is for sale at a high price. Either it's unobtainable to the critic or it's just highly scrutinized because we look to see where the money is. Sometimes the price asked is a ridiculous overly optimistic price and other times we can see the price is far less than cost to build. Are we really such experts we can tell the world the value on truck through a few pictures. I think when a title has $40k truck in it some open the thread with,"let's see if this thing's worth it",attitude and start right off picking it apart. There really are trucks "worth" $40k or more and that doesn't mean all will love them. We just need to ask ourselves our motive before posting. If I was resentful because I wanted a $40k truck and can't afford it,the last thing I'd want to do is broadcast it through criticism. I'd just come right out and say,"Man,I wish I could afford that!"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #38
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

I think selling price is directly related to comments made about it. If it was 15G, it would get nothing but raves from this crowd. If I spent that much on a truck, it would have to be almost exactly what I wouldve done. This is why its hard to get your money back on a project...difference of opinion. Nice ride, though.

1971 GMC Sierra Grande 2WD 1/2 ton, 350/400 auto
2008 Chevy Silverado 2WD 1/2 ton LT1 5.3L auto
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #39
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclerodz View Post
Is it worth reporting and causing more work for the mods, no not really, just me venting this time and won't happen again.

yes it is.. that is the entire point. We can not see and catch everything that goes on. We depend upon you guys to help us out by reporting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I agree on the issue of those who post only to make a negative remark. It seems like more than an opinion. We don't see it on an old truck with low value (as much) and I think it's outright blatant envy/resentment coming through. It's a weakness people tend to have,if they don't watch themselves. It seems to come out mostly when a vehicle is for sale at a high price. Either it's unobtainable to the critic or it's just highly scrutinized because we look to see where the money is. Sometimes the price asked is a ridiculous overly optimistic price and other times we can see the price is far less than cost to build. Are we really such experts we can tell the world the value on truck through a few pictures. I think when a title has $40k truck in it some open the thread with,"let's see if this thing's worth it",attitude and start right off picking it apart. There really are trucks "worth" $40k or more and that doesn't mean all will love them. We just need to ask ourselves our motive before posting. If I was resentful because I wanted a $40k truck and can't afford it,the last thing I'd want to do is broadcast it through criticism. I'd just come right out and say,"Man,I wish I could afford that!"

Being on staff previously, I think you understand fully. And yes Tim, I know if you disagree, you WILL let us know I agree with most everything you have said above.

There is a fine line between discussion and disrespecting. We do not want to censor every word said.. what is the point of a truck discussion board, if you can only express like for something?

I saw no issue in discussing the mirrors etc. The truck is beautiful IMHO, but if it was my choice, I would probably use different mirrors as well. The owner however probably liked them, and not the ones I would choose. It is what makes the world go round. It would be pretty boring if every truck looked the same.

The main issue with these kinds of threads is the bandwagon effect. You can see it on them all the time. If the first post says WOW This truck is only 40k! A bit rich for my blood, but it is so worth it. Look at the time and blah blah put in it. The posts following will usually go along the lines of... I remember when we could pay 5k for a truck like that.. it is a beautiful truck..

When the thread starts out OMG 40k? for a truck??? the responses tend to be in the same tone.

Another thing to keep in mind is there are folks posting from all over. Growing up in NY, then moving to NC, I have seen the difference in acceptable phrases. For instance.. in NY it was nothing to say That aint nuthin but junk, or in other words using harsher wording. Its how it is... In the area of NC we are in now, that would not be acceptable. We have folks from big cities, rural areas, and intercontinental around here. You cant expect everyone to walk on eggshells as to not offend.

With that said, disrespectful flat out rude comments will be removed from posts, and dealt with accordingly.

Sorry for the novella on the subject
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #40
Gobbles

Love the truck if only I didn't already have two vehicles... then I swear I could afford it!

"You already said spite"
Gobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #41
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: You are looking for a $40k truck. Here is one

Isn't it nice we can all come to agreement on this and no one is mad about it. That's why I like it here.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote