The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #26
d4xycrq

Re: Is your truck safe?

...the armed homeowner debate here brings back memories. I faced this situation years ago.
Neighbourhood kids were bashing in my house-mate's windshield with a baseball bat. The noise had brought me to a open second floor window - and I was armed with a Colt Trooper MkIII. Six rounds of 125gr semi-jacketed hollow points would have calibrated their bad attitudes.

Others may have reacted differently, but to me, this was a "don't shoot" situation.

Ray
d4xycrq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #27
markallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidebigblockC20 View Post
Please tell me you are not serious about this, yes?
If not, I feel sorry for you.

Guns don't solve anything at all whatsoever.
a gun would have solved the problem of this guy getting his truck bashed...or at least I'm sure if I was about to beat a truck with a golf club and someone came out shooting it would deter me
Posted via Mobile Device
markallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #28
AusTx68

Quote:
Originally Posted by markallen View Post
a gun would have solved the problem of this guy getting his truck bashed...or at least I'm sure if I was about to beat a truck with a golf club and someone came out shooting it would deter me
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm willing to bet if he came out screaming without a gun it be would equally effective. Maybe not as scary but effective.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
Scott Webster
Sheetmetal Psycho

A warning shot to the leg is a pretty good deterrent. I had someone stop in my yard and do doughnuts in the middle of the night. They knew I didn't have a gun and the cops did nothing even though I figured out who was doing it. I told the person I bought a gun. The property damage stopped.
Future mods: 67 front clip

Webby's Rigginations - where everything has potential!
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #30
no moa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Webster View Post
A warning shot to the leg is a pretty good deterrent.
I'm thinking a warning shot to the groin area, then the perp can't procreate more property damaging spawns.

Sorry about the truck, makes me sick to my stomach.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
1972RedNeck

My Grandpa always told me to put salt in the first load and steel in the rest.

I can imagine that if they saw a grumpy old fart (not saying that you are) with a 12 Ga. running out of the door they would probably take a crap in their pants.
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
I once pulled an intake manifold for a cam swap... ended up with a full on drag car that ran in the 11's.
1972RedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #32
desertnick69

markallen sure wish it waqs still that way here! Now that we are "The city limits" they frown on that??? 68c20lwb Sorry for the damage done to you truck and hope you get hole of the resonsble party when you do "HANG'EM HIGH"
desertnick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #33
Vintage Windmills
Vintage 4x4s

Wow, surprised to see this in grand forks. Guess it can happen anywhere. Glass is easily replaceable, I'd be more concerned about how/why they had access to the garage and how to prevent in the future. Buy a video camera (or fake one) and put it up with a surveillance sign as a deterrent. Good luck, I have family in Grand forks

67 GMC K1500 Custom- 305V6 SM420, PTO, Ram Assist, yellow (the outcast) (project period correct upgrades)
67 GMC C2500 351V6 TH400, AC, PS, PB (can't decide what to do with. Update, decided to keep and will restore )
86 CHV K30 502 th400, apple red NEW
71 CHV K20 350 SM465, ochre (saved work truck)
71 CHV K20 292 SM465, white, tach, PTO, (future project)
72 CHV K20 350 350th, medium blue (project stocker)
01 CHV K2500hd crew, indigo blue

^3 dont run and the others don't see winter either
'86 K30 Cummins "Fireside" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649649
'71 K20 "get driveable" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=590642
'72 K20 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=493477&page=6
Vintage Windmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #34
riversidebigblockC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by no moa View Post
I'm thinking a warning shot to the groin area, then the perp can't procreate more property damaging spawns.

Sorry about the truck, makes me sick to my stomach.
Hi,

I always thought that we live in a civilized country.
Reading statements like this and some others in this thread make me think otherwise.
That makes me sick to my stomach.
Very very sad.
Posted via Mobile Device
riversidebigblockC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
406 Q-ship

You know that the sight of the shotgun would be enough for them to move on, sometimes the sight of the weapon is all that is needed. I had a low life looking to steal my Monte Carlo SS in the North County area of San Diego and a select choice to put a 9mm round in the earth made the POS run for the hills and the car was never bothered again. I would not advocate anybody shooting a person (even a piece of crap) over a windshield and a headlight.

Where patience fails, force prevails

Stapp's Ironical Paradox "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
406 Q-ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
Gobbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTx68 View Post
I'm willing to bet if he came out screaming without a gun it be would equally effective. Maybe not as scary but effective.
. I would say MORE scary, like in The Shining before he got the axe.

"You already said spite"
Gobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #37
no moa

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidebigblockC20 View Post
Hi,

I always thought that we live in a civilized country.
Reading statements like this and some others in this thread make me think otherwise.
That makes me sick to my stomach.
Very very sad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sigh, Come on really? It was a joke, who would really shoot someone in the groin over a truck. Seriously. Smile, now you can live happily and believe we truly are civilized.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #38
treveiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by no moa View Post
Sigh, Come on really? It was a joke, who would really shoot someone in the groin over a truck. Seriously. Smile, now you can live happily and believe we truly are civilized.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey man if I were you I wouldn't feed the troll. I thought it was an still is funny.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #39
BlazinC5

The turn of this subject is interesting to me.. Reminds me of a story my dad told me about a few years back. In the middle of my families farmland at my Grandmothers house. So yes, the middle of nowhere. My grandmother got woke up in the middle of the night by her dog going nuts in the house and looked outside to see someone at the gas pump trying to steal gas. So she called my oldest brother who runs the farm, who called my dad, and they both haul ass down to her place. Grandma had in the mean time called the cops and by that time the would be theif had taken notice someone was up in the house. Knowing he was screwed tried barganing with grandma saying he wanted to pay for the gas. But his truck ran out. My brother and dad made it down there and told the guy to go back to his truck and I guess he got pretty mad and started yelling obscenities at them. Not knowing his capabilities or if he even had a gun too. My brother pulled out the 30-06 and laid it on him and told him to sit there and shut up cause the cops were on their way. After the cop got there, The theif started playing the victim. Sayin they held me captive, they can't pull a gun on me. I feared for my life. Waah Waah waah. The cop had enough of it and pointed to the backhoe and said. "They really didn't have to call me ,ya know"... As such, no shots were fired, and the thief was arrested. He was a local meth head with a warrent for stealing and even had other stuff that was later deturminded he had stolen that night in the back of his truck. As for him wanting to pay Grandma for gas, He had about a dollar in change in his pockets..I would say that the moral of the story is: Protect your rites and belongings in any means necessary, But use your head as well as good judgment..

My build, Restarted

05 Buell firebolt
94 1500 Z71
No rice for me,,, I'm full
BlazinC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #40
SOON2BLAZE
Account Suspended

QUOTE The cop had enough of it and pointed to the backhoe and said. "They really didn't have to call me ,ya know". hahahahahaha 3 things you never mess with: a mans ride, his house or his family.
SOON2BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
treveiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinC5 View Post
The turn of this subject is interesting to me.. Reminds me of a story my dad told me about a few years back. In the middle of my families farmland at my Grandmothers house. So yes, the middle of nowhere. My grandmother got woke up in the middle of the night by her dog going nuts in the house and looked outside to see someone at the gas pump trying to steal gas. So she called my oldest brother who runs the farm, who called my dad, and they both haul ass down to her place. Grandma had in the mean time called the cops and by that time the would be theif had taken notice someone was up in the house. Knowing he was screwed tried barganing with grandma saying he wanted to pay for the gas. But his truck ran out. My brother and dad made it down there and told the guy to go back to his truck and I guess he got pretty mad and started yelling obscenities at them. Not knowing his capabilities or if he even had a gun too. My brother pulled out the 30-06 and laid it on him and told him to sit there and shut up cause the cops were on their way. After the cop got there, The theif started playing the victim. Sayin they held me captive, they can't pull a gun on me. I feared for my life. Waah Waah waah. The cop had enough of it and pointed to the backhoe and said. "They really didn't have to call me ,ya know"... As such, no shots were fired, and the thief was arrested. He was a local meth head with a warrent for stealing and even had other stuff that was later deturminded he had stolen that night in the back of his truck. As for him wanting to pay Grandma for gas, He had about a dollar in change in his pockets..I would say that the moral of the story is: Protect your rites and belongings in any means necessary, But use your head as well as good judgment..
Exactly!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #42
oldschool18

I wasnt joking...........I got a fenced in yard, you can come to my front door. if your in my yard in the middle of the night I am taking it as you are NOT CIVILIZED and I am going to take a shot at you maybe not in the head to kill but not wasting a bullet in the ground. I got a wife and kids and a lot of nice things i worked hard to get and nobody is going to take them from me or destroy or harm them...... that is civilized.....the person who stole and damaged his property is not.

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #43
markallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool18 View Post
I wasnt joking...........I got a fenced in yard, you can come to my front door. if your in my yard in the middle of the night I am taking it as you are NOT CIVILIZED and I am going to take a shot at you maybe not in the head to kill but not wasting a bullet in the ground. I got a wife and kids and a lot of nice things i worked hard to get and nobody is going to take them from me or destroy or harm them...... that is civilized.....the person who stole and damaged his property is not.
I second that!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
markallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #44
Scott Webster
Sheetmetal Psycho

Quote:
I second that!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Third! I am civilized, until my family and security are threatened.
Future mods: 67 front clip

Webby's Rigginations - where everything has potential!
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #45
blazin71K5

Quote:
I second that!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree as well. In Texas we have the Castle Law. It entitles us to be able to protect our family and property by any means necessary. If you are uninvited, stealing, threatining, or damaging my property I can legally take you out no questions asked. The majority of punks know most people in Texas are armed.

Sorry for the thread jack, I hate what has happened to your ride hope you git it back rollin soon
Old 05-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #46
AusTx68

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin71K5 View Post
I agree as well. In Texas we have the Castle Law. It entitles us to be able to protect our family and property by any means necessary. If you are uninvited, stealing, threatining, or damaging my property I can legally take you out no questions asked. The majority of punks know most people in Texas are armed.

Sorry for the thread jack, I hate what has happened to your ride hope you git it back rollin soon
I also live in Texas and have my CHL. In training they let you know, questions will be asked and they frown upon shooting unarmed people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool18 View Post
Ok, so my kid is sick one night and I'm taking him to the hospital. I break down in front of your house. You'll kill me for stepping into your fenced yard when I look for help??? Ok, so my scenario is as extreme as yours. My point is, we as gun owners have to use good judgement or face possible life changing consequences. We can't think like the criminals.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #47
oldschool18

well if you break down in front of my house you can walk up on my front porch and knock on my door and I would be more than happy to help you, if you break down behind my house in the alley I would walk up the side street beside my house to my front door. there is a differance between someone walking thru my yard and someone messing with my stuff, people need to realize there are others out there like me who take action. two months ago here in PA there was a drunk 20something year old on a guys porch banging on the door and windows yelling he was going to come in and the guy shot at him thru a window 6 times and the kid died a couple days later. the kid was drunk and banging on his g/f neigbors house....he was so drunk he didnt even no what house he was at and the house do not look alike, the cops did not press charges against him for shooting.

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #48
1972RedNeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTx68 View Post
My point is, we as gun owners have to use good judgement or face possible life changing consequences. We can't think like the criminals.

If all we "good" people were all "civilized", What would stop the criminals? Sometimes it takes, in some cases, controlled violence to stop violence.
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
I once pulled an intake manifold for a cam swap... ended up with a full on drag car that ran in the 11's.
1972RedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #49
master 1969 c10

wow I am very sorry this happen to u I had something happen back in 1994 I just bought a new chevy truck and 2 days later kids shot the hell out of it with a bb gun. they found them and i had to go to court they were alll under 18 my ins paid to fix it. I wanted so bad to take each one into a room and beet the hell out of them and maybe mom and dad to for not bring them up that u just don't do this ...........
master 1969 c10 is offline   Reply With Quote