The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #26
twouvakind

I'm just a crap stirrer, couldn't resist

"Edited to not name the loser consignor" we're lucky enough to find the nicest old trucks in the south and this 1972 Chevrolet C10 is no exception. Coming from a warm dry climate you know it's clean and the matching numbers 350 gorgeous black paint and factory A/C make it just a little nicer than your average pickup. Almost every vehicle looks great in black but getting a great black paint job is no easy task. Fortunately this truck needed very little surgery to look this good and the paint is recent so it has a deep scratch-free shine that looks awesome. With the chiseled good looks of the C10 body style this one is as manly as a beard and as useful as a tool belt with a personality that will win it friends everywhere it goes. The short bed and regular cab are arguably the best combination for appearance reasons and it gives the truck relatively compact dimensions so it's easy to handle around town and still carries everything you can throw at it from the lumber yard. And speaking of hauling the bed is remarkably well preserved with any signs of rust or rot and very little evidence of having been a work truck in its past. You'd expect a basic black interior but you'll be pleasantly surprised to find houndstooth upholstery that looks like it was stolen from a Camaro. Nicely stitched it definitely looks OEM because it was optional on the C10 giving the truck a definitely upscale feel inside. Add the factory A/C power steering and power brakes this is a truck that is-at least in 1972 terms-fairly luxurious compared to its contemporaries. The dash and door panels are in excellent shape and a full array of factory gauges keep the driver appraised of what is going on under the hood. The original radio is long gone replaced by a powerful AM/FM/CD stereo that's a vast improvement over the factory AM unit. This interior is an awfully nice place to spend some time. The engine is the original 350 rebuilt and ready for another 40 years of reliable service. Properly dressed in Chevy Orange it's clear that the builder didn't intend for this to be a show truck but definitely wanted it to be tidy under the hood. The air cleaner features a chrome lid that brightens things up and things like the hoses clamps and belts all appear to be recent. "Ram's horn" exhaust manifolds dump into a custom-built dual exhaust system with Flowmaster mufflers and the TH350 3-speed automatic shifts as it should. And if you think the new Dodge Ram is the first pickup to offer rear coil springs have another look at the suspension under this C10-there are no new tricks in the truck world. Vintage Rally wheels always look great especially when surrounded by beefy Uniroyal radials. If you're looking for a handsome clean truck that runs well and offers some creature comforts you've just found it. Call today!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Re: My truck from a consigner, lesson learned

Dealers,they're so honest. That makes it sound like the dealer knows the vehicle inside out on an intimate basis. But,
I didn't know it wasn't factory air. The guy said it was". Yeah right

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
some that used their truck every day as a truck still loaded it up..
not everyone wanted a base work truck.. not everyone that used their truck as a truck needed a 8 ft bed either.. EVEN BACK THEN..
the farm that delivered our milk (remember that) had short bed chevy trucks loaded to the gills in orange with orange like hounds tooth trim.

the local garage had a wrecker that was a loaded cab..c-10 or 20
not every one was a cheapskate that bought a truck for a biz..
I didn't mean to make it sound like no one got options on trucks bought for work. That's great you found some exceptions. There are always exceptions,but I was speaking in general terms. My point was many of these trucks,and especially well optioned upper trim level trucks,were not bought to just work and that how a truck was built from factory does matter in determining it's value as well as it's collectability...just like with cars.
It has nothing to do with being a cheapskate buying a truck for commercial use that isn't loaded with comfort and convenience options. It's about buying what you need and not what you don't need to be cost effective. Many work trucks could have more money in them than a Cheyenne Super. Service bodies,plows,radios,winches,emergency lighting,and such can really add to a truck's cost. HD options,No-Spins,mirrors,engine,transmission,tire,and other utilitarian options added to truck cost as well.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #28
E.Furgal
Account Suspended

oh, I understand that even back in the 60-70 they bought a truck and it was their pride and joy..and never saw a load of dirt.. I get that.. but not as many that "seem" to have lead the easy life that are around now!!!!..
it's like ls6 chevelles, there are more match # ls6 cars out there now than g.m. ever made.. think the same can be said for loaded up c-10's
Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
you're funny.. did the cosigner build the truck.. are they now historians ?.. they sell what the seller brings them.. with the info the seller brings them. how about going to the source?
I understand that you are mad/pissed/etc.. but yo are mad at the wrong parties.. the cosigner isn't gonna give you what they might have made after the ad's,time,etc it took to move the truck..

all they are are salesmen, they make it sound good.. they more than likely had no CLUE. it wasn't a factory ac truck.. and they sure are not going to research the thing.. seller/owner says a/c truck.. salesmen, yup it's got a/c..
I'd be mad at the seller that lied, to the cosigner, and then look in the mirror as I am as much at fault as I didn't do my homework before I signed the title..

enjoy the truck it looks nice and clean.. bashing the cosigner, even with hints only of whom it is.. is wrong.. it's not their job to check..
you think b.j. checks to see every car that crosses their stage is really a numbers matching vehicle.. no they don't.. no cosigner does.. they go by the seller, and it's the buyer that needs to make sure he's getting what ,he THINKS he's getting..
my opinion, you're barking up the wrong tree..

nice truck by the way.. enjoy it..
you think b.j. checks to see every car that crosses their stage is really a numbers matching vehicle.. no they don't..
Just so you know...they DO check EVERY VEHICLE that has a matching number claim, and if you mis-represent a unit to them you are through playing in their arena. Having a father, three brothers and a cousin that are Auctioneers on the curcuit I know what I speak of.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
E.Furgal
Account Suspended

I know people that have bought through b/j meccam and no they don't..
if they check those employees need to be fired as they've missed many..
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #31
special-K
Special Order

I have a suggestion...give it up already. Ya think? Time for another crusade

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
factorystock

Quote:
to many forget that way back then. 99% of truck buyers bought a truck because, wait for it.. they needed a truck.. and they where used as a truck..
Way back then? This was 1972, not 1962 or 1952. 99% would be way too high for the early 70's. Not even to mention the RV pickup "custom camper" boom. I would say more like 60%. I'll agree with special-K logic during these years. GM was well aware more and more pickups were begining to be bought for personal tranportation, not for commercial use back in the late 60's, and its no accident many pickups from the late 60's and early 70's are typically found today equipped with features found on a car. Now,try finding a '62 with air, auto, power steering and brakes, that will be a challenge. The problem today is finding a clean straight truck after it falls into the secondary market-where its put up for sale maybe 3 4 or 5 times since original purchase.After someone buys the truck used, there is no telling what will happen to it. In the 70's and 80's, many clean one owner '67-72 trucks became shop trucks, work trucks, landscapers trucks, scrap metal hauling trucks etc. before enthusiasts started to collect them.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
rambler
MOVE OVER

thread is over a year old guys...
Closed Thread