The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #26
big_al_71

Re: Just got her back...

truck looks super sharp!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #27
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I like the look a lot.Since you said you were looking for ideas on wheels.I would go with a steelie or rallies.Some beauty rings and poverty caps.I think the truck has a simple yet somewhat sinister look that they would work well with.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #28
dbstepside

your bedcover sounds alot like the false floor i have in my bed. i'm also running a blazer tank but with a bedfloor fill. i couldn't get it to take gas very quickly so i built a fake floor sitting on a base of 4x4 posts with 2x4 for bracing. it also added some weight and it is very sturdy. i've thought about building one as well but hinging it in the middle with a piano hinge. that way i could put a spare and small toolbox up front and have easy access to them. but anyway it's cool i like your truck. dennis
dbstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
Sequoyah
so easy a caveman can do it...

Looks great!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242380
Sequoyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
slim-n-none

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstepside View Post
your bedcover sounds alot like the false floor i have in my bed. i'm also running a blazer tank but with a bedfloor fill. i couldn't get it to take gas very quickly so i built a fake floor sitting on a base of 4x4 posts with 2x4 for bracing. it also added some weight and it is very sturdy. i've thought about building one as well but hinging it in the middle with a piano hinge. that way i could put a spare and small toolbox up front and have easy access to them. but anyway it's cool i like your truck. dennis
Im planning on pulling it one day when i have a lil help and cutting the top into two seperate pieces, kinda like your talking about. With the filler on the fender it doesnt have any issues except i cant tell when its full. Im thinking about buying one of the whistling type burp valve ive seen for boats so I can get a full tank. I havent spilled yet,but i know it'll happen. The truck in your avatar looks like my trucks sister.
Posted via Mobile Device
slim-n-none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #31
dbstepside

yea they're pretty close. i've got a set of sport wheels also that i could put back on it but i'm getting ready to swap out the tt2's and go to a set of rally's. if you happen to attempt your bedcover mods before i try mine i may ask for some pointers. on a side note i hope you like running the 235/60's up front more than i do. hopefully someday i'll get the rest of the problem fixed but my full length headers hang down too low. i love the way mine look up front but it's hard to drive. anyways i like your truck and was wondering what you insides look like can we see some pics. dennis
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #32
Boogie_Man

Very sharp truck. If you don't mind, could you pm me the info for the bodyshop you used? Would you recommend them? I'm local and mine is getting ready for the trip soon.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
slim-n-none

dbstepside-Here's some interior shots. My friend wrapped the dashpad, and did the seat in the same material. We're not quite finished, but it's getting there. New gauges, shifter, radio, steering wheel, and ac are the only things left to get. On your wheels, what drop do you have? I want those wheels that you have on there in the pic, but with my drop, and spindles, I need to find what back spacing and sizes I need.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #34
Tinkermc

lookin good
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #35
68Stepbed

Looking good, man!! I agree with Panel that some plain steelies with poverty caps would look great!!

Kinda like these!
Attached Images

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system

Last edited by 68Stepbed; 07-30-2012 at 10:04 PM.
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #36
dbstepside

i'm not sure exactly what my drop is, it appears to only have 3" drop springs in front but i think my big block makes it a lil lower. it has 3" drop springs in the rear along with a 2" block. as far as my wheels i'm not sure what the bs is on these but hopefully i can let you know before long. i do know that they are 7's up front and 10's in the rear. the rears stick out about an 1 1/4" past my fenders. thats the one thing i don't like about them. by the way i like your dash pad and interior looks good. i'm glad to see i'm not the only one with the booster seat in there. dennis
Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #37
slim-n-none

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstepside View Post
i'm not sure exactly what my drop is, it appears to only have 3" drop springs in front but i think my big block makes it a lil lower. it has 3" drop springs in the rear along with a 2" block. as far as my wheels i'm not sure what the bs is on these but hopefully i can let you know before long. i do know that they are 7's up front and 10's in the rear. the rears stick out about an 1 1/4" past my fenders. thats the one thing i don't like about them. by the way i like your dash pad and interior looks good. i'm glad to see i'm not the only one with the booster seat in there. dennis
Thats the sizes i need. But now the guys above got me to thinking about the steel wheels, but if you get the bacspacing, if ya think about it, i sure would like to know. As for the booster seat, my 4 yr old wont let the truck leave without her in the navigator seat.

68stepbed, what are poverty caps?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #38
68Stepbed

"Poverty caps" are the painted steel hubcaps that came on base model cars and trucks. The truck posted above has what would be considered as a "middle class" cap. Models with a little more trim had stainless or chromed caps. Fully optioned vehicles had either special edition wheels(aka rallies, SS edition, etc.), or full wheel covers.

Steelies look great on trucks with a classic or nostalgic styling theme, like yours. I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, just showing your options and kinda stating my opinion. It's still your truck to pick which wheels that YOU want.

As for dbstepside's wheels, I would say they have the standard 3.75" bs on those rear wheels and the 3.5" bs on the fronts. To tuck a 10" wide wheel, you would need a 5" bs to make it fit right.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #39
slim-n-none

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stepbed View Post
"Poverty caps" are the painted steel hubcaps that came on base model cars and trucks. The truck posted above has what would be considered as a "middle class" cap. Models with a little more trim had stainless or chromed caps. Fully optioned vehicles had either special edition wheels(aka rallies, SS edition, etc.), or full wheel covers.

Steelies look great on trucks with a classic or nostalgic styling theme, like yours. I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, just showing your options and kinda stating my opinion. It's still your truck to pick which wheels that YOU want.

As for dbstepside's wheels, I would say they have the standard 3.75" bs on those rear wheels and the 3.5" bs on the fronts. To tuck a 10" wide wheel, you would need a 5" bs to make it fit right.
I never seriously thought of the steel wheels. I had visions of massive chrome wheels with rubber band tires, lol. My friend is running steel wheels painted white and beauty rings, but it just didn't fit my truck. Now the hub caps might be what I was looking for. Those old hubcaps are what we used as a bowl to feed our dog.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #40
68Stepbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim-n-none View Post
Those old hubcaps are what we used as a bowl to feed our dog.
Hence the term "dog dish" caps.