The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: How rare are/is this truck? Reno CL not mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yep,pretty rare. Of all those above who have commented that it's not rare,how many '88 regular cab V3500 pickups have you seen in the last 24 years? And Reno sits close to the Sierra Nevada. I think 4wd would come in handy at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Enough to last a lifetime.

Remember: we built one a minute, 40+ hours a week, in four assembly plants, 50 weeks a year for over 15 years.

As a result I am of the mindset that there are no rare C/K/R/V trucks.

K
Ok,let me change my question...Of all those who have commented that it's not rare,how many '88 regular cab V3500 pickups have you who didn't work for GM at an assembly plant seen in the past 24 years? And to those who did work for GM,how many have you seen on the street in recent years...and in the condition of the truck in question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by broey View Post
basing rarity off of the year seems silly when they made the truck for as long as they did. square bodies are the longest running body style of truck chevy ever made. to pay a premium for a square because someone is claiming it to be rare seems like a waste of money.
Rarity in the automotive world is generally based largely on vintage. I don't think the truck is being sold for a premium. Seems like a great deal for $4,500. Maybe part of the rarity is that it's pretty darned unmolested. That's what I look for. You can see the same type truck selling for twice or more that price because someone re-painted,lifted ,chopped,cut,glued,and screwed their personal touches all over it. It's kind of rare to find a 24 year old truck with only 67,000 miles on it,too. It also goes towards adding to the value.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #27
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Ok,let me change my question...Of all those who have commented that it's not rare,how many '88 regular cab V3500 pickups have you who didn't work for GM at an assembly plant seen in the past 24 years?
I suppose I'm a bit jaded in that regard....

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
Firebirdjones

Quote:
. Maybe part of the rarity is that it's pretty darned unmolested. That's what I look for. You can see the same type truck selling for twice or more that price because someone re-painted,lifted ,chopped,cut,glued,and screwed their personal touches all over it. It's kind of rare to find a 24 year old truck with only 67,000 miles on it,too. It also goes towards adding to the value.
Now that's a quote I relate to 100%. So hard to find something that hasn't been molested, I'm always willing to pay more for something like that.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
J Knight

I agree, unmolested originals that are rust free seem to fetch more money than any of those that are proceved to be rare.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #30
Firebirdjones

That seems to have been the craze in the last few years as far as collecting muscle cars. There has been a pretty serious following for original paint unrestored cars in recent years and prices are jumping, in some cases as close to concours restored examples.

Personally I've always been a fan even before it was popular, and managed to collect 3 desirable muscle cars in unrestored form, and still very presentable (show worthy some might say). I kept them this way all these years.

This is also what attracted me to my 79 1 ton 454 pickup 15 years ago and I had to have it. It's another original paint unrestored piece that I bought to hall the classics around with

Just something to be said about a car/truck like that. They drive better, feel better, and you get to look at history frozen, instead of all these over restored cars floating around. Okay I'll stop chatting now
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #31
GM72K10
Next!

Quote:
Ok,let me change my question...Of all those who have commented that it's not rare,how many '88 regular cab V3500 pickups have you who didn't work for GM at an assembly plant seen in the past 24 years? And to those who did work for GM,how many have you seen on the street in recent years...and in the condition of the truck in question?

Rarity in the automotive world is generally based largely on vintage. I don't think the truck is being sold for a premium. Seems like a great deal for $4,500. Maybe part of the rarity is that it's pretty darned unmolested. That's what I look for. You can see the same type truck selling for twice or more that price because someone re-painted,lifted ,chopped,cut,glued,and screwed their personal touches all over it. It's kind of rare to find a 24 year old truck with only 67,000 miles on it,too. It also goes towards adding to the value.
Amen, I have 3 square body duallies at present, the dump is an unmolested original even though it started its life as a fire truck, for being a 1986 rides pretty much like a new one. BTW my 2012 dually rides WAY better than my old 2006. Love that new boxed frame.
86 K30 C&C 6.2 4:56s, 4M, 11,000 gvw, ex fire truck, now lowboy dump
More square bodies and CUCVs than I care to admit to
2020 Silverado K3500HD Work truck
GM72K10 is offline   Reply With Quote